D&D 5E The Clean Sheet

Gretkatillor

First Post
Great character sheet! I've been using it for more than a year and as a DM I advise my players to use it as well. Thank you for your hard work.

Here is a small list of bugs I've encountered in v2.38. Me and my players would appreciate it very much if these bugs were fixed!
  1. For elves, the "Add Traits" button adds a statement saying: "Trance (4 hours of meditation counts as long rest)". This is incorrect and has caused confusion among my players. You can find the official rules answer here, which states: "The Trance trait does let an elf meditate for 4 hours and then feel the way a human does after sleeping for 8 hours, but that isn’t intended to shorten an elf’s long rest."
  2. The tooltips for Hill Dwarf and Mountain Dwarf each state that they grant +2 Dexterity, where it should actually be +2 Constitution.
  3. Clicking on the "Observant (feat)" button doesn't actually change the Passive Perception score.
  4. In the spell list, many spells which should be rituals are not marked as such, for example: Gentle Repose, Locate Animals or Plants, Silence, Feign Death, Meld Into Stone, Phantom Steed and Water Breathing; I'm sure there are more, these are just the ones I've found.
  5. Often, when sorting spells, the very last line, after all the level 9 spells, will say "Cantrips" (but will not be followed by any cantrips or other spells).
Thanks again!

For the record, all of this was fixed, except for the "Cantrips" bug, which I couldn't replicate.

Gretkatillor

First Post
Please let me know if everything works correctly. I've also added the player races from Volo's Guide to Monsters in v2.42, as well as some minor tweaks here and there. Enjoy.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Finally got around to creating a few characters with the new sheet. Looks good so far, one minor thing - the Halfling "Brave" ability has "frightened" misspelled when it adds it to the sheet. (It has it as "freightened".

Gretkatillor

First Post
Finally got around to creating a few characters with the new sheet. Looks good so far, one minor thing - the Halfling "Brave" ability has "frightened" misspelled when it adds it to the sheet. (It has it as "freightened".

Thanks for pointing that out. It's fixed in v.2.44 BETA.

schnee

First Post
Edit: I found a few bugs with the most recent beta (2.47):

I have a Druid with higher DEX than STR.

My Scimitar is not calculating properly. It's only giving me my DEX bonus, not proficiency bonus. When I select 'Martial Weapons' proficiency, I get the bonus, so it appears to be a bug specifically with the Druid proficiency not carrying over.

For all the hand-held Martial Finesse weapons, the 'Finesse' property is not showing up in the 'hover pop-up' for any of them either. I looked at your JS, and the variables for Finesse in function.js are correctly applied in the weapon lists.js, so there's something else going on.

Scimitar is listed as Piercing, when it's Slashing.

Dagger 'hover pop-up' lists it as Versatile when it's not.

--

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

schnee

First Post
I think the only 'lack' it has is for Druids, due to the number of animal statistics they can have for shapeshifting and summoning. Notes work pretty well, but a dedicated page for shapeshifting stats would be killer.

If I prototype a layout for it, would you be interested in possibly including that in a future update? I'm a designer myself (20+ years in the biz, much of it doing personal finance software), I'd be happy to throw something your way that might lighten the load. LMK, thanks.

Last edited:

Gretkatillor

First Post
My Scimitar is not calculating properly. It's only giving me my DEX bonus, not proficiency bonus. When I select 'Martial Weapons' proficiency, I get the bonus, so it appears to be a bug specifically with the Druid proficiency not carrying over.

For all the hand-held Martial Finesse weapons, the 'Finesse' property is not showing up in the 'hover pop-up' for any of them either. I looked at your JS, and the variables for Finesse in function.js are correctly applied in the weapon lists.js, so there's something else going on.

Scimitar is listed as Piercing, when it's Slashing.

Dagger 'hover pop-up' lists it as Versatile when it's not.

Thanks a lot for the precise info. I've fixed the scimitar's details and the finesse tooltips in v2.5.

Class proficiencies are not assumed automatically. If you write "scimitar" under "Other Proficiencies and Languages", the proficiency modifier should be added.

Gretkatillor

First Post
I think the only 'lack' it has is for Druids, due to the number of animal statistics they can have for shapeshifting and summoning. Notes work pretty well, but a dedicated page for shapeshifting stats would be killer.

If I prototype a layout for it, would you be interested in possibly including that in a future update? I'm a designer myself (20+ years in the biz, much of it doing personal finance software), I'd be happy to throw something your way that might lighten the load. LMK, thanks.

Very kind of you to offer your help. I agree that the sheet could facilitate alternate shapes better. The same goes for conditions, special attacks/actions, swats of copy-pasted text etc. On the technical side, there's also much I can think of to improve. However, for now I want the sheet to work correctly as it is, since real-life circumstances keep me from doing a major overhaul. OK to contact you if I do get to it?

Remove ads