The "complete" list of announced 4E products for 08 and 09

MightyTev

First Post
I hope the undead book has the Dread Necromancer class in it (or even the plain vanilla Necromancer class with inspiration taken from Dread Necromancer).

I had an ace character in 3.5 - basically a kobold necromancer that was aiming to become a dracolich and take his place as leader of one of the cells of the Cult of the Dragon. An absolute hoot to play.

Alikar

First Post
MightyTev said:
I hope the undead book has the Dread Necromancer class in it (or even the plain vanilla Necromancer class with inspiration taken from Dread Necromancer).

I had an ace character in 3.5 - basically a kobold necromancer that was aiming to become a dracolich and take his place as leader of one of the cells of the Cult of the Dragon. An absolute hoot to play.

There will be no character classes outside of Player Hand Books or DDI. Which I'm grateful for. That's only two books a year plus maybe a subscription.

JeffB

Legend
Wow. Very, Very little here that peaks my interest at all (I've not followed the future products much). Very different from the 3E release time where there were several things in the works that were on my "must purchase" list (and I did!)

MOTP normally would be at the top of my list of must haves, but with all the changes to the cosmology, not sure I'm interested (not that I dislike the new cosmology, just not sure I like it enough to buy a big book specifically about it) . Def a "browse first" item.

Other than that, I'll be looking for Necromancer and Goodman stuff I guess (assuming GSL actually gets done :D ). And possibly a sub to DDI if they can get that done as well.

Alikar said:
There will be no character classes outside of Player Hand Books or DDI. Which I'm grateful for. That's only two books a year plus maybe a subscription.

This is only speculation on various message boards. WotC has said nothing of the sort.

Scribble

First Post
JeffB said:
Wow. Very, Very little here that peaks my interest at all (I've not followed the future products much). Very different from the 3E release time where there were several things in the works that were on my "must purchase" list (and I did!)

MOTP normally would be at the top of my list of must haves, but with all the changes to the cosmology, not sure I'm interested (not that I dislike the new cosmology, just not sure I like it enough to buy a big book specifically about it) . Def a "browse first" item.

Other than that, I'll be looking for Necromancer and Goodman stuff I guess (assuming GSL actually gets done :D ). And possibly a sub to DDI if they can get that done as well.

I'm getting the feeling thats the idea...

WoTC recognized that putting out a ton of suplements really really quickly doesn;t work that well? It's info overload, and people sometimes feel like it's just split up to make us buy more...

So put out a smaller number of Cores, and have a subscription service to bring in "steady" revenue.

Not sure if I'm right though. :)

edbonny

Explorer
TerraDave said:
D&D Icons: Gargantuan Dracolich D&D Miniatures Product Aug 19, 2008
this and a gargantuan orcus are on "hold".

Wah! I want my Lots to Luv 'n Cuddle Dracolich!!!

Last edited:

MightyTev

First Post
Alikar said:

I didn't think WotC had confirmed that. The Swordmage is in the FR book, and I'm sure the Artificer will be reprinted in one of the Ebberon books. Also, Manual of the Planes will have a race in it.

Although I could live with Dragon using the Necromancer for it's Class Acts subject the month Open Grave comes out.

JeffB

Legend
Scribble said:
I'm getting the feeling thats the idea...

WoTC recognized that putting out a ton of suplements really really quickly doesn;t work that well? It's info overload, and people sometimes feel like it's just split up to make us buy more...

So put out a smaller number of Cores, and have a subscription service to bring in "steady" revenue.

Not sure if I'm right though. :)

Actually the only reason I'd want to sub to DDI is for Dungeon Mag (assuming they start puting out some decent adventures) and the ability to play/run online. Not interested (never have been) in "splatworthy rules crunch" and the rest of what DDI (supposedly) will offer.

Oh, looking forward to the Eberron 4E CS book too :D

But yes, your line of thinking re: the business model is sound. I was speaking strictly of personal product interest though in my initial post. If DDI can't do the online play thing (well) - I'll be the first to drop my sub- good adventures in Dungeon or not.

Remove ads