• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "complete" list of announced 4E products for 08 and 09

Man, that's it? Just 3 FR Products and 1 Eberron in a year? that sucks. More FR and Eberron I say!

Sorry to disappoint you, but Word of God is that each setting will get exactly 3 books only: The Campaign Guide, a Players Guide and a DM's Guide.

No more "Secrets of the Yuan-ti of the Shining South of Xen'drik" or whatever.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Bah! I go and make my own list and THEN I find this :( Thanks for compiling though.

I was wondering whether anyone can ad 3rd party publisher's items to this list. I have no idea who os doing what now. Any chance we could add what we know (without the whole GSL, or whatever it is, sucks thing)?

Cheers, C

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
So far I know that XRP has multiple products announced (on todays front page) as does Goodman Games. Mongoose has some sort of sci-fi crossover product, and in this thread Dias Ex Machina announced is adapting its Amethyst 3.5 setting to 4.0 ED.

I might do a seperate one for the GSL crowd as we get closer to October.
I certainly have no problem with anouncements of 3rd party stuff in this thread in the meantime.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
BK: its what they said, three a year. They have been doing some additional stuff in Dungeon and Dragon (though not a bunch).

I also think Keith Baker said somewhere on his blog that if those first three products sale well enough, they will make others.

So far I know that XRP has multiple products announced (on todays front page) as does Goodman Games. Mongoose has some sort of sci-fi crossover product, and in this thread Dias Ex Machina announced is adapting its Amethyst 3.5 setting to 4.0 ED.

I certainly have no problem with anouncements of 3rd party stuff in this thread in the meantime.

Well, in that case here we go for Expeditious Retreat Press. :)

October
The Advanced Player's Guide (highly anticipated player's expansion by Ari Marmell)
Lands of Darkness #1: The Barrow Grounds (adventure, levels 1-3)
Plague (the great mortality in your game)

November
Lands of Darkness #2: The Cesspools of Arnac (adventure, levels 3-5)

December
Lands of Darkness #3: The Woods of Woe (adventure, levels 6-8)

Check out my blog http://josephbrowning.livejournal.com/ for more info and cover examples

joe b.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Thanks for posting Joe. This was exactly the sort of info I was after - ESPECIALLY Ari's Adv Player's Guide :)

Really looking forward to that. Any more word on what exactly is going to be in that book? Please :)

C

Dias Ex Machina

Publisher / Game Designer

Although progress is moving quite swiftly on Amethyst 4ED, I personally don't see how we could make the October date. We also may not want to release among the deluge of titles sure to be released that month. Priority is quality and we don't want to rush a production that isn't ready. There might also be an argument on if buyers are ready to jump into a new campaign variation this soon after the release of main system. Perhaps it could be wise to let them settle into the system and run a bunch of modules before embracing a variation of those rules or setting...so although modules are a wise idea, the idea of releasing a complete campaign setting in October may not be. Just my two cents...

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I had to go back and figure out this reply...we know the swordmage will be in the FR players guide. So there is one not in the PHB. And the artificers will probably be in the Eberon one.

But I have also heard that the arcane, martial, divine...books would have no new classes, just new builds for existing ones.

In any case, the compendium on the DDI is supposed to be updated monthly, so no matter where it is in print, subscribers would have access.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Added some Gencon anouncements:

Divine Power Accessory July 2009

Eberron Player's Guide Accessory July 2009

Seekers of the Ashen Crown Adventure July 2009

Unamed "Huge Figure" DDM Miniatures July 2009

Adventurer's Vault 2. August 2009

Revenge of the Giants Super-Adventure August 2009

Arcane Power Cards Accessory August 2009

From here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4dnd/20080815