• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Core Pantheon (What we know so far...) Update 3

ptolemy18

First Post
Core pantheon sounds pretty cool. And actually, it doesn't seem like it's any fewer gods than in the 3e PHB after all, does it? Good news.

Simia Saturnalia

First Post
22 with Melora (not listed but revealed) so far. More gods than appeared in 3e, and a much more interesting selection besides (IMO). Particularly fond of the death of race-specific gods, Pelor cementing his position as primary human god, Ioun the god of magic :)D), and the potential for a dualistic Dragonborn faith.

The Elf article also confirms Lolth. Though I still prefer 'Lloth', particularly in this internet age.

I can has total obedience?

Last edited:

Green Knight

First Post
According to the Pantheon article in Design & Development...

Bahamut: Here's another example of a familiar, draconic face showing up in a somewhat new light. Maybe it was the Platinum Knight prestige class in Draconomicon that did it, but something convinced me a long time ago that Bahamut was a much cooler god of paladins than Heironeous ever was. Like Corellon, Bahamut's not just for dragons any more. He's the god of justice, protection, and honor, and many paladins of all races worship him. Many metallic dragons revere him as well, thinking of him as the first of their kind. Some legends about Bahamut describe him as literally a shining platinum dragon, while others describe him as a more anthropomorphic deity, who's called the Platinum Dragon as a title of respect. Exhorting his followers to protect the weak, liberate the oppressed, and defend just order, Bahamut stands as the exemplar of the paladin's ideal.

...Bahamut is the God of Justice, Protection, and Honor.

JoelF

First Post
I noticed that the Elf article mentions Sehanine is a God, not a Goddess. I could have sworn that she was female previously. I wonder if they changed her gender or if they're simply calling all divine beings Gods not regardless of gender. (Which would be pretty stupid if you ask me.)

Simia Saturnalia

First Post
JoelF said:
I noticed that the Elf article mentions Sehanine is a God, not a Goddess. I could have sworn that she was female previously. I wonder if they changed her gender or if they're simply calling all divine beings Gods not regardless of gender. (Which would be pretty stupid if you ask me.)
Lolth is also described as a God. The term appears to have gone gender-neutral.

Works for me. There aren't many adventuresses either, though my spellchecker appears to accept it. Not 'spellchecker', however.

Moonshade

First Post
Simia Saturnalia said:
Lolth is also described as a God. The term appears to have gone gender-neutral.

Works for me. There aren't many adventuresses either, though my spellchecker appears to accept it. Not 'spellchecker', however.

I'd prefer it if they used the word deity if they don't want to use god/goddess, only god. The god Lolth sounds so strange to me, especially since her pre-4E flavour is what it is.

senna

First Post
In the Elf article in the Wizard´s site, there is a mention of Melora, God of the Wild, in the first sample elf adventurer.

Remove ads