• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
Me Last Page said:
That said, the Ring of Protection's side effect is that the deflection field is visible, which can cause circumstantial issues and gives the wearer a -2 to ranged attacks because of the blurring of the deflection field. It can be turned on or off as a standard action (but you lose the AC too)

Here it was.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Should there be some kind of 'reparations' for the villagers? Not too much, to keep the economy stable (yeah, right)

What are you thinking--probably something like 1000 gold for the entire village. Divided among all the farmers, it's still enough to help them out quite a bit for a while (it is probably a week's income for the whole town).

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I'd say 10% is a fair commission on the random objects portion of the components, but the gems would probably sell for somewhere between 80%-90% anyway because they are easy to move on the market and are not equipment or magic items that have to find someone with use for it (I know of some GMs who give full value for gems, which is silly because obviously the jeweler has to make some sort of profit, but I usually give a high percentage). )

Seems fait, just tell me what I get from that 10% cut...

Also, to other player, do we include cohort in the split of the share or not. I leave that decision to others.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: ~25000 was not easily movable, so we'll say Rinaldo takes a 2500 GP cut (EDIT: but actually 2300 or less--see below). This yields 120,000 GP to split between Laynie, Rayne, Ashna, Tenebrynn, Rinaldo, Vanitri, Elektra?, and Hogarth? That's 15,000 GP each if cohorts take a split or 20,000 GP each if not (Hogarth was a cohort the whole time and even though Elektra began as a regular NPC, she got some pretty good stuff for items). Particular gems and spell components can be kept by anyone by paying only 90% of their cost out of your share if they are gems(frex--someone may want to hold onto diamonds for Raise Dead and the like). If you keep a non-gem, you pay only 80% of the cost and you also subtract 10% of the cost of the non-gem from Rinaldo's commission (since obviously if you keep it, Rinaldo won't be selling it and getting a commission). Among other things, this means that Rinaldo loses 200 GP of his 2500 GP commission since Laynie is keeping the 2000 GP statuette.

Assuming you agree with my magic item splitting optimisation algorithm as well, then once you vote whether to exclude cohorts, distribution should be complete. There's two card-based issues as far as Tenebrynn is concerned. One is going to give him extra treasure, and the other is going to be the party (which will require us to determine the full extent of his riches to see how awesome and expensive the partying will be). I presume Tenebrynn would invite all patrons of the RDI + library staff to his party, since those have been his two homes here in Orussus, but we'll get to that soon.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oh--before I forget again. It's worth noting to whoever gets the nexus that fixing the nexus requires both Craft Rod and Craft Wondrous item. Unlike Forge Ring, however, there are, at least, a goodly number of Omega Professors who have Craft Rod (the Academy tends to taper off drastically in level above level 10, such that there are few there above that level), so it should be no problem finding someone to help)

Erekose13

Explorer
I'd say the two cohorts get full shares, however I don't believe all items were equal in value so monetary distribution should take that into account.

Knight Otu

First Post
Ok, Ashna doesn't take the robe on account of needing her essence for her higher-priority crafting projects which, as Tenebrynn correctly said, includes a blessed book. Not sure if there is another mage with access to secret page, so I guess one of us is going to have buy the spell.

Rystil Arden said:
What are you thinking--probably something like 1000 gold for the entire village. Divided among all the farmers, it's still enough to help them out quite a bit for a while (it is probably a week's income for the whole town).
Seems I'm the only one acknowledging that, so I fear it would be 1000 gold out of my pocket then, but ok. ;) (Can't build a reputation and secret worship without a few sacrifices ;))

I'm fine with the item split, but I'd like to know the side effects and costs to fix. I realized that I'd need Craft Rod some time after my post, but if someone at the Academy is willing to help for a price...

I mentioned wanting to keep the ivory plaque. Assuming it's of the minimum value, that's 40 gold off my share and 5 gold off Rinaldo's commision, right?

Erekose13

Explorer
Lacking Forge Ring at the moment, how much would it cost to fix, if its possible at all (give the lack of high level academy professors with the feat).

Velmont

First Post
That makes 15000 gp per person, but I agree with Tenebrynn, teh split of item, by value, is not that much equal. For example, Tenebrynn have a smallest share than Ashnar. Maybe we should just divide the money a bit more depending on the value fo the items.

I suggest everyone get at least 10k and the 40k remaining is distributed depending on the value of the item. Most likely Tenebrynn will have a better share. Only thing, some item, I don'T have any clue of there market value.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads