• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Ok, Lex can have it too ;). Vanitri can get away with semi-girly jewelry though ;) Speaking of which, you going to get her finished soon so I can submit her for approval?

Velmont

First Post
What are you interested in?

Hogarth:
Amulet of natural armor +1, Wis +2 and Cha +2

Rinaldo (in that order of interest):
Ring of Protection +2
Slippers of Dimension Door
Ioun Stone (+1 insight armor bonus)
Ring of Counterspelling

For the spell component, I think if we split it evenly, we should see what the selling value of each, split the total evenly between everyone (I think we will need to include Rayne and Laynie and maybe Elektra and Hogarth in that split, but Rinaldo will give you a better price). After that, if someone want to keep something, you can buy it back at the selling price.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yes, the shoes have heels. For Dimension Door, maybe it's worth it? ;) All of the items have wild magic side effects and will need to be fixed, a process that requires the appropriate craft feat and an expenditure of 10% the usual creation cost. This is no problem for the non-rings, but for the rings it may be an issue. That said, the Ring of Protection's side effect is that the deflection field is visible, which can cause circumstantial issues and gives the wearer a -2 to ranged attacks because of the blurring of the deflection field. It can be turned on or off as a standard action)

Bront

The man with the probe
What about the counterspelling and sustinance? And what did Rayne want? And how much value is there in the components so we have an idea of how much we're splitting up.

Edit; I take it Lex can't wear the Archmagi robe at the moment since it's nevil? She probably can't take it, which leaves it for Ashana if she stays a female, and decides what allignment to take.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Nobody can wear the Robe now because it's halfway between Neutral and Evil. Rayne and Lex are Good, though, so they can't wear it. Laynie is Neutral on that axis, and she doesn't know Ashna is evil.

The Ring of Sustenance creates a dependency, and the Ring of Counterspelling has a 5% chance (on a natural 1) to fire off its spell instead of counterspelling, causing the bad effect to be doubled rather than negated)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Yeah, she said someone could have it for now, but she won't be happy if it turns evil ;)

As for the ring of counterspelling, ouch.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Ugh, the boards are all iknds of random to me right now. Database error this, Page Loading Error that... anyway, do the costs to fix include XP costs?)
Ashna would be interested in the Hand of Glory+ and the lesser necromantic nexus (that fear spell was quite handy in scoring the ogre away on the volcano island). The heels and the brassiere may be of interest - the transformation has been somewhat useful in the tower against Lust, and might be so again, so Ashna will wait before changing back, but will certain look at her options to change back (and ways to free Rinaldo from the "curse"). The staff and wand are charged items, and since they are essentially loans, used charges should technically be replaced. The rings of protection and sustenance would be nice to have, but are of lower priority. Of the foci, Ashna'd like to hold on to the ivory plaque.
((Ashna's reasons not to take the robe of the archmage (you didn't expect that Ashna would go color-coded for other peoples convenience, did you? :p) will depend on whether XP costs are included in the cost to fix.))
(So, any other open questions? It's pretty obvious that Guile will be brought to the Academy, which may help in developing theories to help her and Elayna Valsice (can't heal her there, though, on account of aspectness). Should there be some kind of 'reparations' for the villagers? Not too much, to keep the economy stable (yeah, right). I already mentioned my transformation and Rinaldo's curse.)

Erekose13

Explorer
I'd be tempted to say that Tenebrynn doesn't want anything but money. But given that there is very little money that will result from this, the items he's most interested in are (in order):
Ring of Protection +2
Ioun Stone (+1 AC)
Bracelets (+2 Dex)
Scroll Case

Remove ads