• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Knight Otu

First Post
(Everything on the second list is t is with 99% certainty a focus or a material component for a spell (jade circlet, for example, for shapechange). There's also the effects from the dress-up frenzy:

Tenebrynn-
*When Tenebrynn puts on her ring, a visible deflection fields surrounds her, making a faint humming sound (no not the humming sound from the Wild Surge room, you don't need to worry). It seems like it will protect her from attacks. Unfortunately it is harder to see with the field in the way.*

*When Tenebrynn puts on the necklace, she feels somewhat relieved from her two terrible drains, and protected as well. In fact, she feels like a Pixie. Wait, she is a Pixie! Yes, she is definitely a Pixie, just in Elf form!*

(OOC: She is convinced that she is a Pixie. Nothing will convince her otherwise. This probably won't have much actual effect though)

*The Bracelets make her feel spry and agile.*

*The Circlet doesn't seem to do anything at all, but it sends a magical imprint--not an intelligent item, just a sense that some items have, an echo of their magic. Apparently this item will only work if your name is Elayna Valsice. It doesn't have to be official by birth--technically it will work for anyone who changes their name to that and means it, since it can only measure your state of mind. Also technically that is Laynie's name.*

*The shoes don't do anything immediately. They may be triggerable or something.*

(OOC: Nobody else actually wore the items right, yet, just took them?)

Vanitri-
*The ring is a fine silver ring with a star sapphire on it. When he puts it on, nothing seems to happen. Perhaps it is triggerable?*

Rinaldo-
*The Amulet looks like it has a slot in it for a ring and another spot where a glyph might appear, as if the Amulet had two uses both of which were empty right now. It seems to do nothing.*

*Wearing the ring feels wonderful. It is as if he is dining on the most delicious meal he can imagine, without actually eating, the food and drink changing to fit his whimsy. He also feels full, and alert, as if he doesn't need much rest.*

*Rinaldo puts on the shield. The shield has a magical echo like the Circlet--it will only function if he decides to swear fealty to the cause of the Academy of the Chromatic Order and bringing a new Golden Age to Medibaria. Even if he doesn't, hey, it's still a mithral light shield.*

Tenebrynn-
*Tenebrynn accessorises with the lovely sash, which turns tiny just for her--she's quite fashionable if she does say so herself. All the other pixies at the pixie ball will be jealous. Tenebrynn feels hardier than before, and she feels an urge to sashay, at least if she was walking. Sashaying would look cool, and it would show off all her beautiful new things.*

(OOC: Tenebrynn gets +2 Con, and if she walks, she has to sashay, which lowers her base land speed. The belt has an additional beneficial ability that hasn't triggered yet)

Knight Otu

First Post
Regarding loot distribution, it is Ashna's opinion that Laynie should in all cases be the first to decide what she wants and doesn't want, with counseling from Rayne. She would suggest to sell the less exotic material components if possible and perhaps a few of the less exotic foci. Laynie should of course receive the items specifically bound to Elayna Valsice such as the circelet and the spiral nexus.

Knight Otu

First Post
(There is a second alignment axis, you know? :p Besides, it can't hurt to have some positive impression on a high level mage and a little girl smarter than oneself who's very likely to become a powerful mage as well. Reputation-building. ;)

So does the CP use to research spell answer apply to CP use to craft magic items as well? Of course, I'd need to get two spells beforehand... and as it turns out, Tenebrynn has neither fox's cunning nor secret page (I guess it's obvious where this is going), so I'd have to buy scrolls or hope for another nice mage. Gotta decide whether to take Leadership this level or 12th, though.)

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: hey all, sorry for disappearing right at the finale. been a hell of a week. I hate 8 hour meetings. Especially 3 in the span of a week.

Tenebrynn will be buying spells he needs to create items, and you can bet those two will be on his list. He doesn't have much disposable income though if he doesnt get any liquidatable magic items.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: I agree with that thought Ashna. Rayne can guide Laynie, though Lex and I will probably have some input as well (We've known her for a while), but we'll let her decide what to do for all the items that don't have another owner specificly already (I think I'm the only one who falls into that catagory). Rayne and Lex should get something as well, as they both helped.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okey dokey then)

"I definitely wants to keep the Circlet, the Cloak, and the Spiral Nexus, since nobody else can use those, and the Kitty Doll...I think this might have been mine when I was little."

"I'll want the Corset and the Brassiere for when I'm older, but right now I can't exactly wear them. I'm willing to lend them to Elektra or Rayne (or Ashna if you don't get that reversed) until then. While it would be totally sweet to have a lady's Robe/Dress of the Archmagi to wear, it seems like most of the powers of that robe are protective, of the sort that I won't need at school but you guys might need on an adventure, so I'll lend that to someone too. The scroll case definitely seems practical for bringing scrolls to class, but if you guys need any scrolls out of there for your travels, take whichever you need. The orb is not immediately useful, but if it really can control aether storms and temporal fluxes, I might need it later to help Mommy, so I guess I'd better keep it. The rest isn't terribly useful for me at the Academy but might be good for an adventurer--I'll let you guys use whichever ones you want, but if there's any you don't need, I'll hold onto those too. I'd like it if we didn't sell any of the magic items. As for the spell components, I propose that we split those evenly, though as part of my share, I will keep the personalised statue. It can't be efficient to sell that and then commission another later when I need it for my own spells. We can use some of the money from selling that (or use the components themselves) to try to fix the wild magic too."

(OOC: Rayne's IDs--

- amuletsx2--the necklace previously identified + the amulet has a slot for a ring and can store an arcane spell of 3rd-level or below to cast when you are about to go unconscious (Immediate Action)
- ringsx3--Protection +2, Counterspelling, Sustenance
- Brassiere--+1 caster level (uses the vestment slot)
- a length of obsidian topped with a skull with rubies for eyes--Lesser Necromantic Nexus described above
- a staff of ebony and gold--Staff of Necromancy
- a pair of stylish ladies' shoes--Dimension Door range of 60' as a move action 5/day
- a sort of combination dress/robe for the lady wizard with a sense of style--Robe of the Archmagi
- a silvery shield--+1 Animated Mithral Light Shield
- a shortsword that gleams as if with morning light--Vanitri knows what this is from context
- a lovely sash, great to accessorise--+2 Con and the abilities of a Monk's Belt
- a corset--the corset moulds the body's form at will, including the ability to meld into the body as if it wasn't there. Can only adopt female humanoid-shaped forms, but other than that, can change the entire body up to minute details, even changing to vastly different height and weight. Similar to Disguise Self, but a Transmutation effect. Takes up the vestment slot.
- a pair of elegant bracelets--+2 Dex
- a slender fluted wand--of Enervation, described above
- a small scroll case that seems to hold vast quantities of scrolls--self-explanatory, stores many scrolls in extradimensional space
- an enchanted flute with unknown mystical properties; the flute bears two symbols, one of which Laynie recognises as the sigil of the Magequeen and her royal family--This item is in disrepair and does not function. It must be repaired by a master fey craftsman
- an enchanted gem, a dusty rose quartz of sorts--Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Lex :
Brassiere
Corset
Shoes of D-Door
Sash (That might be better for Rayne though)

Laynie said she could have the top to anyway, though Rayne has a say in what she wants too.

Vanitri gets:
Shortsword (Item from character's and family's history)
flute (Personal item from the cards)

Vantiri'd like:
Bracelets of Dex
Ring of Protection
Ioun Stone
Ring of Sustinance

Last edited:

Remove ads