• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yes, there is a tiny minor XP cost to fix, equal to 1/250 of the item's total market price

It looks like the following distribution is near-optimal:

Rayne--Sash, Brassiere (but gives up her Ring of Arcane Might to Lex since they don't stack, and Lex can't wear the Brassiere and Corset at once)
Elektra--Corset and Rayne's Ring of Arcane Might
Ashna--Necklace (HoG+), Lesser Necro Nexus
Vanitri--Bracelets of Dex and Shortsword (shortsword should count towards wealth distr whereas flute is free from the Deck and doesn't count) and maybe Ring of Sustenance
Tenebrynn--Ring of Prot +2--Laynie wanted to keep the Scroll Case but will allow borrowing of needed scrolls.
Rinaldo--Lady's Shoes (he's going to look weird though) and Ioun Stone, and maybe Ring of Counterspelling just because nobody wants it
Hogarth--Amulet of Nat Armour, Wis, Cha

Also, the total value of the components and foci adds up to around 125,000 GP, much of which is in diamonds and diamond dust.

Velmont

First Post
125000gp, is that the market value, or the selling value (and at which %)? Rinaldo will sell them with his power, being sure there is a market for those items. I doubt there is any that worth that much.

The distribution seems fine to me. I don't think Rinaldo will have the shoes all the time in his feet. He will use it more outside combat or might put them before a known combat...

By the way, what is the market price and the side effect of these items?

Ring of Counterspelling: 4000gp, 5% to discharge the spell instead of counter it.
Ioun stone: 5000gp, ???
Lady's shoes: ????gp, Give a sexy walk and half move to walk.
Necklace of Natural Armor, Wis & Cha: ????gp, ???

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The sash is the one that gives the odd walk, not the slippers. The ioun stone gives you the insight to dodge attacks, but it is constantly giving little defensive instincts, and those mess with your offensive, giving a -1 to all attack rolls. The slippers sometimes cast Irresistible Dance on you instead of Dimension Dooring, the necklace makes you think that you are a pixie.

Sell value for Rinaldo is 90% of the market price

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Thanks, but what is the price of each item (Mainly, how much does it cost to fix them). For wonderous items, Rilithorn (or simply Opale) could do that... the ring is more problematic. No PC have teh level for it, and I don't know any NPC able to do that. Any academician of teh chromatic order who si able to fix it?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: 500 GP and 40 XP to fix the necklace (1000 to get an NPC to do it). Same price for the high-heel dress shoes.

There may be a single Academy Wizard with Forge Ring, but there is certainly no more than one. Rayne lacks it, for instance.)

Erekose13

Explorer
From the scroll case, Tenebrynn was mostly looking for new spells to add to his future spellbook. Of particular interest at the moment are Dimension Door, Locate Creature, Fox's Cunning, and Secret Page.

So for item distribution thats:
Ring of Protection +2: 8000gp.
Does it have any side effects?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: She has scrolls of Dim Door and Locate Creature, but not the other two. Isn't it cheaper to just copy from another Wizard's book, though?

The ring's side effects are known to you and were posted last page I think. They all have side effects)

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Sell value for Rinaldo is 90% of the market price

Not sure to understand. So, the 125 000gp value is the market price? With Rinaldo selling, we would end with 112 500gp. Rinaldo will take a 10% cut for his service before splitting, so it would make:

Rinaldo service fees: 12 500gp
Value to split: 100 000gp (Between up to 8 characters, depending if we include the cohort (Lex and Hogarth) in the split. I'll leave that to others member to choose if they are included.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I'd say 10% is a fair commission on the random objects portion of the components, but the gems would probably sell for somewhere between 80%-90% anyway because they are easy to move on the market and are not equipment or magic items that have to find someone with use for it (I know of some GMs who give full value for gems, which is silly because obviously the jeweler has to make some sort of profit, but I usually give a high percentage). )

Erekose13

Explorer
It is cheaper to copy spells from others than to purchase scrolls, but if Laynie will allow the 'borrowing of scrolls' I was hoping to just get a couple free rather than having to even pay. As far as scribing goes, that'll be free once he makes his book. Top on his (and I bet Ashna's) list.

Re: drawback: low hum + difficult to see through the field. Any particular statistical definition of that?

Oh and I guess if he is giving up the necklace he no longer feels like a pixie

Remove ads