The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Rayne would be happy to Analyse Dweomer for you, but she'd probably also like a share after what she did. Fortunately, nothing here would qualify under the Academy's policy on historical artifacts (which are considered Academy property), since the only ones that would qualify are in the possessions of their rightful owner (that is, Vanitri). It is, however, worth noting that if Sin is considered to be a fragment or phantom (reasonable), then Elayna Valsice is legally dead and most all of this stuff should legally belong to Laynie. So, as you saw in the other future, while taking it for your own use (sort of like borrowing from Laynie) is definitely AOK, it is a bit morally suspect to pawn it at the market for personal gain (though for the mundane items and gems and stuff it may be different--it's ultimately up to you to decide) )

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: And yes, I agree with that all. I'm not adverse to Rayne having a share. Don't forget Lex gets XP too :)
(OOC: I didn't forget, but I also didn't forget that she doesn't reduce the XP of the party (ironically, you got more XP than you would have if you hadn't taken her as a cohort, since she would have then eaten at the XP total, like Rayne did, but cohorts, by design, can never make the party get less XP). Lex gets the same XP as everyone else, though, since it wasn't CR-based)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: Cool. Finish her spellbook please :)
Not until her feats are closer to being approved (especially not tonight--must sleep soon). For now, that's only the first two (Prodigy and Master). She'll want to take Magus soon, but obviously she can't yet.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: Wasn't there some other money involved too? Or did we waive that?
Involved with what? You mean the degree? She's paid for that already in full. She's enrolled in the Magus program and already finished with all the course requirements--she just has to finish on the research for the thesis. And after what the future has in store for all of you, it looks like she'll be doing some field research ;)

Remove ads