The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You mean from what you found in the tower or a separate reward for the quest? There wasn't really much of a separate reward--some poor farmers asked for help and mentioned that they couldn't really afford to pay much but they would try if you got rid of the tower. The money would be small enough that it wouldn't matter to you while still hurting the farmers substantially to afford it (maybe like one or two hundred GP), plus you actually did not get rid of the tower, so all in all, I'm not sure you have any reason to try to collect it ;))

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Oh, and based on that weirdness with Guile, I have another potential idea...we'll see,"
I suspected that would happen. Ashna thinks as they flee. She might take control of a 'nymph' like Eve did of Laynie, and if entering the Crux 'heals' a nymph, then multiple nymphs entering might result in the combination of them, eventually leading to the reconstitution of Elayna Valsice herself. The safe zone should be a problem for the aspects, but...

Velmont

First Post
Before leaving, Rinaldo adds to Sin. "My words might mean nothing to you, but I still keep it to my friend. If we ever meet again, it is we have found a way to make you whole again. I've seen all your memory spark in the library, and I know there is some goodness in Eleyna Valsice. I hope to meet her someday." And on that, Rinaldo follow the wizards into there magical travel.

Once outside, he tells "We have put aside the futur we have seen. But we know we have some time in front of us. Laynie, I think there is still some hope for you to see again your mother, the one who has given birth to you. I'm no wizard, and I doubt I could repair by myself the dmaage she has done to herself, but if you need my help, I'll be there for you."

Rinaldo looks at the tower behind. "I'm happy to leave all that behind. I suggest we analyze all these items and try to fix them. We might need them to confront what is coming. The futur in front of us is unknown, but one thing is sure... our adventure isn't finish yet. We have a dracolich to stop and I don't know how we will do it."

Velmont

First Post
Some items we have found... I'll look at teh thread if we haven't found anything else:

- amulet
- amulet
- ring
- ring
- ring
- Brassiere
- a length of obsidian topped with a skull with rubies for eyes
- crystalline orb of some sort
- a staff of ebony and gold
- a small slender rod-like object with a coiling pattern around it topped by a sapphire
- a pair of stylish ladies' shoes
- a sort of combination dress/robe for the lady wizard with a sense of style
- a silvery shield
- a shortsword that gleams as if with morning light
- a lovely sash, great to accessorise
- a corset
- a pair of elegant bracelets
- a thin platinum circlet
- a slender fluted wand
- a small scroll case that seems to hold vast quantities of scrolls
- an enchanted flute with unknown mystical properties; the flute bears two symbols, one of which Laynie recognises as the sigil of the Magequeen and her royal family
- an enchanted gem, a dusty rose quartz of sorts
- a plush kitty doll*

*Also, he has:

-A Jade circlet that is nonmagical
-Jade
-Powdered Jade
-Several black sapphires
-A jacinth with some silver bars
-Amber Dust
-A powder composed of diamond, emerald, ruby, and sapphire dust
-Mercury
-Phosphorus
-Powdered Diamond
-Diamonds
-Powdered Opal
-Powdered Ruby Dust
-A miniature platinum sword with a grip and pommel of copper and zinc
-Incense and strips of ivory
-A set of cool-looking forked metal rods
-A miniature portal carved from ivory, a small piece of polished marble, and a tiny silver spoon
-A sapphire
-Black Onyxes
-Powdered Black Pearl
-A statuette of Elayna Valsice (though it might do for Laynie in a pinch if she were older and fuller-figured) carved from elephant ivory and decorated with gems
-A tiny lens of sapphire set in a small golden loop
-Gold dust
-A small piece of sheet iron
-An ivory plaque
-A mirror of finely wrought and highly polished silver with ~10 feet of surface area*

Velmont

First Post
We had found a few potion too, one or two of them boosting charaisma that I am not sure that tenebrynn have drank while on the edge of oblivion. For teh other potion, I don't know if we have identified them or split them.

Damned, RA, by any luck, have you kept a list of the loot we have found?

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: You mean from what you found in the tower or a separate reward for the quest? There wasn't really much of a separate reward--some poor farmers asked for help and mentioned that they couldn't really afford to pay much but they would try if you got rid of the tower. The money would be small enough that it wouldn't matter to you while still hurting the farmers substantially to afford it (maybe like one or two hundred GP), plus you actually did not get rid of the tower, so all in all, I'm not sure you have any reason to try to collect it ;))
(If anything, we should pay the farmers a small amount for our failure. ;)
Did we take Guile along, by the way?)

Bront

The man with the probe
The shortsword is Vanitris, as is the flute (Flute has no value, it's an item that's part of his card draw)

Laynie should keep the Statue if it IDs as non-magical and isn't a thread.

We had IDs on some of this stuff... let me see if I can find it.

Bront

The man with the probe
Erekose13 said:
"I'll admit that I hadn't thought of that. I was carrying the items that I had in the past when I first appeared in the Library of Orussus. I've done some work on cataloguing and identifying some of the items. Lets see here." Says Tenebrynn, pulling out his list from the bag.

- amuletsx2 (technically one looks more like a magic amulet, the other more like a fashionable necklace)
- ringsx3
- Brassiere
- a length of obsidian topped with a skull with rubies for eyes
- crystalline orb of some sort
- a staff of ebony and gold
- a small slender rod-like object with a coiling pattern around it topped by a sapphire
- a pair of stylish ladies' shoes
- a sort of combination dress/robe for the lady wizard with a sense of style
- a silvery shield
- a shortsword that gleams as if with morning light
- a lovely sash, great to accessorise
- a corset
- a pair of elegant bracelets
- a thin platinum circlet
- a slender fluted wand
- a small scroll case that seems to hold vast quantities of scrolls
- an enchanted flute with unknown mystical properties; the flute bears two symbols, one of which Laynie recognises as the sigil of the Magequeen and her royal family
- an enchanted gem, a dusty rose quartz of sorts
- a plush kitty doll*

*The robe is a Robe of the Archmagi. Now, those usually have a colour of black, grey, or white, but he can't help but noticing that it's a sort of off-black dark purple affair. The analysis indicates that some combination of Elayna Valsice going Neutral and trying to refix her Robe to not give her negative levels but never finishing combined with Wild Surges has left it at a point where it is neither colour. It gives one negative level to Neutral and Evil wearers and still three to Good wearers. For a small price, it can probably be fixed in either direction, but it will still always be a ladies' dress/robe for female mages.*

*The spiraling coiling sapphire thing is a very classy personal spell nexus that has apparently been safeguarded and connected to one particular mage's energies and casting style. It also has some sort of Misdirection magic that prevent the Identify from determining more details--stronger magic is required.*

*The orb is a modified Orb of Storms that ostensibly can attempt to control aether storms and temporal aspects as well as usual weather, though it doesn't have the whole Storm of Vengeance thing. There is an unidentifiable quirk in the item due to wild surges. For a small price, it can probably be fixed.*

*The skull-tipped rod is a Lesser Necromantic Nexus. You can cast necromancy spells into the nexus, one each of levels 0, 1, 2, and 3. You can then substitute any spell of those levels for the spells stored in the nexus (this does not expend the nexus spells, but it does expend your spell slot) as long as you are holding the nexus. Whenever you cast the spells stored in the nexus, the DC increases by 1. Also, you can cast the spells stored in the nexus as if they were the subject of the Still Spell feat 3/day. There is an unidentifiable quirk in the item due to wild surges. For a small price, it can probably be fixed.*

Necklace--+1 Natural Armour, +2 Wis, +2 Cha (may have some quirks due to Wild Magic, but nothing a pixie can't handle!)

Bracelets--+2 Dex (may have some quirks due to Wild Magic)

Wand--Enervation (12 charges remain, may have some quirks due to Wild Magic)

Scroll Case--a wide assortment of various low-level utility spells that you might not want to prepare but might need, usually ones that also work well at minimum caster level. Knock, Comprehend Languages, Tongues, etc. Anything in particular for which he is looking? He does find one old scroll of Identify.

The sash appears to grant a +2 bonus to Con, but it has a strange quirk that causes the wearer to walk with a provocative and feminine sashay, halving base land speed. It does make the step lighter though, allowing for a graceful sashay and improving dancing ability and the ability to dodge attacks when wearing simple clothing or nothing at all (but not armour).
Found it :)

Knight Otu

First Post
(The statue is a focus for a spell, I'm reasonably certain, but I can't recall the spell to go with it at the moment.

Ah, contingency. Maybe not a good spell for Ashnar to pick up considering her tendency to change forms. :heh: )

Last edited:

Remove ads