• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo look at the room and turn around. He sees Hogarth behind, trying to be small but keeping an eye on everyone. "Hogarth, come here." Rinaldo tells on serious tone, but without teh irritation he got since teh last hour. Rinaldo approach teh next door and start to look for traps.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I told. It seems there was some magic into effect. Gundar seems to ward you well. We are lucky to have you... I never meant to say all I told." Rinaldo stop his inspection and look at Laynie. "I..." He takes a deep breath and contain his emotion. "I love kids and I can't beleive what I have thought about Laynie, or even my kids."

Rinaldo pass his hand on his eyes, removing a tear. He takes another deep breath and restarts his search. "I..."

Hogarth puts his hand on Rinaldo's shoulder. "No need to... speak. We knows."

Rinaldo smiles and finish to seacrh the next door. Hogarth looks at the other, but he hasn't recover his smile yet. Hogarth knows that teh magic isn't gone yet for everyone. The depress look of Vanitri and the retained laugh of Tenebrynn is quite enough to understand that.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Does laundry always make you this sappy? That's realy touching," Vanitri says, almost unable to hold back a tear.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn laughs at Vanitri's comment, "Sappy or soapy? haha". But he'll follow Rinaldo down the hall as they move to the next door.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*While Rinaldo is searching the next door, Laynie suddenly breaks out into tears and starts sobbing:*

"Oh, what happened to me? Vanitri, I'm so sorry!" she turns around to hug Vanitri, "Everybody, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it!"

[SBLOCK=Vanitri]Also, Vanitri is no longer depressed.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Ashnar]Also, Ashnar is no longer super-paranoid, though he seemed to be somewhat paranoid even before that :lol: [/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
"It seems the enchantment that have fallen on us in that room has finally ended. Laynie, don't cry, we all understand, we all have been affected." tells Rinaldo, keeping his eyes on teh door he is searching to be sure he doesn't do anything stupid or doesn't waste any more time.

That curse have affected his mind in too many way and he should have known he wouldn't be safe to stay there... let's keep moving now, but don't head blindly into a trap.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Sensing no traps, once again, Rinaldo checks the door to find what appears to be a well-appointed but abandoned kitchen. In the back, other small door probably lead to a pantry, etc.*

Velmont

First Post
"If we had a doubt, we are in the living quaters... I doubt the food here would still be good. Let's find teh bedroom, it might be the only room with something that could interest us." tells Rinaldo

[SBLOCK=OOC]How many door there is left in this corridor?[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri hugs Laynie back, a smile finaly returns to his face. "I don't think it was your fault Laynie. That was certaintly weird, and I'm not sure why it didn't effect Hogarth or Ashner."

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock=Rystil]Hey, you have to be at least a bit careful when walking into the area of a detect evil spell reveals that you're not quite on the same team. :p[/sblock]

Ashnar holds his head and utters "Sela help, did I really...? No, I was affected, Vanitri. I was seriously convinced that everyone here was plotting against me. I guess Hogarth was the only one who managed to resist. We still need to be careful though, we're not quite certain what caused this effect, and what exactly removed it. It can strike again any time."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads