The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Vanitri cannot get the dust because, as they said, Eve has it all now

Tenebrynn successfully touched 0 motes, he just had a stint of bad luck--on average this will happen about once every 10 minutes at the current rate, or once every six hours with the potion (for as long as the potion lasts, that is). )

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Other vestiges...other archetypes...they're gone now. Spira dissipated all of her considerable power, and Crea's, on the seals, and then they were absorbed into Elpis. Mo transformed her essence into a protective magical shield for Elpis--you may have seen spells unexplicably fail to harm her every once in a while. Both are gone now, but not forgotten. Their cause was just, and we shall persevere! Spira may have seen a different image of this day--she saw Elpis fully-formed and a Wizard of power returning to seal this place forever herself, but I suppose with the first seal unmade, this shall have to do."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, how then do we go about sealing this place forever?" Vanitri asks.

OOC: How is Laynie reacting to all this?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: She doesn't seem too surprised, actually)

"Surprisingly, you actually found our hiding place before opening the seal. Had you cast a Read Magic, you would have noticed invisible runes that spelled 'Hope is the Key' around the seal upstairs. Barring that, had you had Elpis try to touch it, it would have vanished. I doubt any of you could have opened it through any other means."

"In any case, if you're going after the Crux there, be wary--Sin awaits, sealed above with the Crux, and Eve's spies will no doubt notice...Eve will attempt to aid her old Mistress in repelling anything you attempt. Thus far, you have successfully defeated not a one of Eve's minions, and you killed the only thing around here that scares them, though it will remanifest in a few days--it's a spectral entity, like a ghost, and they do
that."

"For now, this place is safe from Eve for you to rest--in fact, I imagine the outside is safe from Eve for the moment too--she wants you to open that seal."

"Yes, when Xu informed them of the arrival, Envy headed after them out of jealousy of Elpis before Eve got word and ordered the rest of them not to attack...yet."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Wait, so that thing that went for Laynie was a guardian?"

"And does this mistress go by another name?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Wait, so that thing that went for Laynie was a guardian?"
"Which, the Oversoul? The one that got your elf. No, not a guardian--it's more a force of 'nature', or the mockery that goes for nature in this place. A combination of all the weak souls...an Oversoul."
"And does this mistress go by another name?"
"Yes, Sin is her name, as I said."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Guile chuckles with extreme mirth.*

"Termina, you want to boggle the silly man, or shall I? How about both?" she gestures to Termina's helmet.

*Termina shrugs and removes her helmet as Guile pulls back her cloak. Both of them reveal beautiful blonde-haired women with almost the same face, though under the helmet, Termina's features seem strong-cut, noble, determined, whereas Guile's seem sly, crafty, cunning. But both of them look almost exactly the same as the Elayna Valsice that Vanitri had met under the Academy, albeit a bit older.*

"Surprise!" Joy exclaims.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Then, what aspect of you was it that was at the accademy? That destroyed the souls of all those people? Is that Sin?"

Remove ads