• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Cursed Ones

G

Guest 11456

Krkt clicks his mandibles and then says, "I too will help with your mine problems."

Serpenteye

First Post
Then let us go to the Mayor and make the arrangements. Do you know of a place that sells potions and other minor magical items?

Last edited:

Ahh, yes. Seres chuckles deeply All hail lord Mirnx,may his blood flow freely and his glory never fade.

"Ha ha" Mirnx chuckles lightly at Cara as he teases her with his "wand of power" "Lord Mirnx does rule here, but," the gnomes voice loses its usually high and annoying quality and becomes dark and calm "my blood shall not yet flow freely, but it will in time I assure you." Mirnx heads to the door. "Come on all to the mayors" The squeeky gnomish voice returning the deep gnome proudly marches out of Teddy's office holding out the useless wand proudly like it his marching banner.

Calim

First Post
Teddy walks you to the inn and you are met by a very voluminous woman in her late 20's.

"Well, Hello strangers and welcome the Companions Inn. May I send out the boy to get your things to take to your rooms." She smiles and strikes a bell and a man steps up from behind the counter with a very annoyed look on his face as he looks at her.

Freddy seeing this man step up brightens and motions towards him"That is the Mayor, Douglas Brownwood."

"Gentleman, may I help you," The mayor looks to each in turn as politley as he can.

ooc Mayor Diplomacy 24 so if this affects you act according

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Justiel walks uop and shakes the Mayor's hand. Salutations Mayor Brownwood. I am Justiel. My companions and I are here to investigate the affliction imposed on your people. The Angel's wings fluter slightly and his eyes glow a warm god.
OOC: Detect evil and Magic on the people in the Inn. including the mayor.

Serpenteye

First Post
Seres nods absentmindedly to the wench Yes, good woman, please do. And please have your stableboy take care of my horse and the cart. He's about to dig into the pouch for a coin to tip her with, but then looks at her again and reconsiders. Instead of the copper he was about to give he hands her a GP.

You wouldn't happen to be the Innkeeper, would you? We have a cargo of excellent ale and a fine cart that we'd like to offer you for a generous prize. Perhaps we could discuss this matter later, in a more intimate setting?
He smiles warmly, with more than a hint of flirtation. She's an ugly wench and likely very lonely... this could be most profitable.

Turning to the Mayor The question is, sir ; May we help you? We'd like to offer our employment to investigate and solve the problems that have been plaguing this fine town of yours. Beginning with the infestation of your mine. I can assure you we are all most able in our field of work. Should we be succesful your town will thrive once again. But if we fail Homeglen will wither and die. We will sacrifice greatly to prevent that from happening, if you will make an equal sacrifice yourself. Good Mayor, you asked what you may do for us. Just help us help you. Seres rubs thumb and indexfinger together in the international symbol for cash.

Detect thoughts, Detect Magic

ooc. Cha 14, Diplomacy +16

Last edited:

Calim

First Post
"I am sure we can come to some arrangement about payment if you are successful, you do seem to be a bit more seasoned then the groups we have lost so far so maybe..." Mayor Brownwood looks to each of you in turn,"Heres a map of the diggings."

"Be careful we have already lost 12 would be saviors."

ooc cant get the map to attach

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
ooc: Forgive me if I presume too far but perhaps we should skip ahead a bit. Let's assume everybody agrees to the terms (since noone has any objections), that we go buy some torches, go back to the inn to rest and memorise spells. Let's also assume that we can park our cart somewhere (since it seems we cannot sell it) and resume playing at the entrance of the mine, duly prepared.

Remove ads