The Dance of Souls

SlagMortar

First Post
"I have only 27 gold pieces. Unfortnately I do not know any spells involving trasportation. I think our best options are either ship passage, or to buy ourselves 2 light horses and double up. Rose Marie can ride Jasper. If we pool our funds to buy some horses, then we will at least still own the horses at the end. Do we have around 150 gp to buy a couple of horses?"

OOC:
Cart: 16 miles/day, cost = more than walking
Walk: 16 miles/day, cost = 0
Light horses/with Jasper: 32 miles/day, cost for 2 horses 150 gp. Also provide a way back.
Ship: 32 miles/day, cost for 5 passages, 115 gp. Leaves us needing a way back.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Actually, it's not 'ship' it's riverboat, which is a lot slower, especially as we are headed upstream. Barring use of the mount spell, looks like our best bet is to buy some horses.

"Well, I suppose we should add up our funds and figure out what we can buy. I think I've got about 16 gp. How about you guys?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
"So explain to me why your not playing with the silly stick instead of me? I'm a bit overwhelmed by my responsibility here already."

Patlin

Explorer
Creamsteak said:
"So explain to me why your not playing with the silly stick instead of me? I'm a bit overwhelmed by my responsibility here already."

"The priests said I'm not worthy. I must not have the right kind of magic."

Airwhale

First Post
just wanted to ask this again:

Airwhale said:
OOC 2: Can I buy a disguise self spell before we leave?[/SIZE]
"Did buying that healing stick cost all of our money? I have about 75 gold on me, but I was thinking of buying a spell that might be usefull to us. Still, if you guys think that it is more importent to get their quickly, I'll throw in all I have, if you guys are willing to pay me back when we get our reward money."

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Did someone take Gur's money without asking? I've got no idea how the stick was payed for myself. It was a surprise to me out of character just as much as it is for Gur.

Knight Otu

First Post
(It was discussed a bit earlier that Gur would be the only one capable of using such a wand, in a somewhat meta-gamey move. The money came from the advance the two nobles have granted - 750 gp. If you all think it would be easier to retcon that purchase into a number of potions (up to 15)...?

Airwhale, you want to copy the spell into your spellbook, right? It would be 50 gp if you can find a friendly mage wiling to let it copy from his spellbook, or 25 for a scroll. In any case, it takes a day of studying, and has a risk of failure (Spellcraft DC 16). If the group is ok with the delay, you can try.)

Airwhale

First Post
OOC: Well, if it's only 25 gp for a scroll, I'm going for that one. If I screw up writing it down, no big deal. Could I try scribing it into my spellbook during off time on the way to the town?

"Hey, while you are going to see if gur can really use that wand or not, I'm going to go buy something from a friend. Can we meet back in front of the Red Dragon inn when we are done?"

"But first, how the heck are we getting to this town? Should I go buy some more food? I only have ten days worth, and that's not going to last me if we are walking. Want to pool our money to see if we can rent a boat? or you could take that wand back, get some potions, and use the leftover money for transportation."

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
(Ugh, I knew I was missing something - actually scribing it into the book, if successful, costs materials worth another 100 gp. If you get the money - for example if the wand is retconned into potions - then you can go for it during a boat travel or on a wagon, but not while writing or walking.)

Remove ads