THE DARK - An Illustrated Fading Suns Story Hour [UPDATED 18/02]

Sammael99

First Post
Lela said:

I've wandered into a AA meeting. . .

It's a SHAA meeting actually ;)

Thanks for the welcome. But we need something to talk about, don't we? Perhaps something about a wizard and his paladin friend? Or we could go with lasers and energy shields. Whichever is prefered by our host. ;)

In this specific mansion, I believe lasers and energy shields make sense although paladins and psis are a possibility (I'm loathe to discuss wizards here, it could attract unwanted attention from out avestite friends ;))

As for the more global comment on "something to discuss" I wanted to apologise to those who follow us regularly since this has started. The writing process is unusual for this Story Hour since the first versions are written by one of the players (who posts here as Lamar Faz), and I then rewrite some parts or add details and translate.

It takes time and work and personal life unfortunately get in the way, but I'm sure we'll get something out to you of the first part of the "Trojan Stratagem" soon. We're playing again next Thursday so hopefully beofre then !

In the meantime, I'll be happy to answer any questions about Fadins Suns in general, the setting, the system, etc.

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Sammael99 said:

In the meantime, I'll be happy to answer any questions about Fadins Suns in general, the setting, the system, etc.

OK. I already bought my first Fading Suns supp (Fd20)...I know you don't particularly care for the d20 system, however, the players I have are familiar with it and if it will promote a really good setting...I'm all for it. My first victim rolled up an Ukar Brother Battle!

I am doing the same with Traveller--using T20 to promote the Olde game.

When we play FS, I am going to implement Stamina/Lifeblood ala Traveller to make things more deadly!

My question: What should I buy next? I saw Aliens and Deviltry and Lords and Priests.

Also, where do I find a good map of the universe? Something that would have the Known Worlds and Beyond?

can't wait until your next post!

Sammael99

First Post
Broccli_Head said:

OK. I already bought my first Fading Suns supp (Fd20)...I know you don't particularly care for the d20 system, however, the players I have are familiar with it and if it will promote a really good setting...I'm all for it. My first victim rolled up an Ukar Brother Battle!

Wow ! That sounds like an unlikely but interesting combination. Again, I don't find a need for the d20 version for my own games, but if it works for you and your players, more power to you !

My question: What should I buy next? I saw Aliens and Deviltry and Lords and Priests.

Lords and Priests definetely. It combines Lords of the Known Worlds and Priests of the Celestial Sun. These two and Merchants of the Known World are really the only three supplements you need for sure. I imagine that Alien and Deviltry combines Children of the Gods and the Dark Between the Stars, which are both excellent supplements.

Since I'm not too hot on the alien races (I like to keep 'em alien) I never had much use for CotG, but DbtS is a class and most excellent supplement.

And that's all you need to run the game, really...

Also, where do I find a good map of the universe? Something that would have the Known Worlds and Beyond?

When I'm not at home I tend to go here. Apart from the fact that the site rocks, it has the most complete jumpweb map I've seen in the Universe/Map of the Jumpweb section. It's not completely up to date, since it doesn't include the worlds of the Vau Hegemony, but it's still great !

Last edited:

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Sammael99 said:

Wow ! That sounds like an unlikely but interesting combination.

Apart from the fact that the site rocks, it has the most complete jumpweb map I've seen in the Universe/Map of the Jumpweb section. It's not completely up to date, since it doesn't include the worlds of the Vau Hegemony, but it's still great !

We figured...an orphan left at the doorstep of the monestary on DeMoley. Hopefully, another character will make a Vorox buddy for this Brother Battle. I usually don't encourage first time PCs in a game to make aliens (I have in my T20 game), but there's always a first time.

You were right about the site...it Rocks! Thanks :D

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Bump!

And Ben, could you please email me (I've lost your email). I'm moving to Paris by the end of the month... ;)

Sammael99

First Post
Okay, okay guys, it's not dead, just in slumber...

Damn real life has been conspiring to make us too busy to update the Story Hour and too hectically erratic in our timetables to actually play. The SH is only one session behind and Lamar tells me he's working on it. We were supposed to play last week but that was cancelled at the last minute. This week looks impossible, and next week unlikely. So when I start getting the updates by Lamar I'll split them to actually get them to last a bit !

Sorry. Stay around, something's gonna happen !

Edit : E-mailed you at lauhor.net. That still right ?

Last edited:

Remove ads