The Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Graz'zt

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
To all those who cannot get in, I would repost the article...but its about 15 pages long!

Mr. Jacobs, good stuff...but then again, Nyrlathotep, Locki, Grazzt it doesn't really get any better then that.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Good, good, good article! Gorgeous artworks (I wish I had all the artworks from the print Dragons in that size!)! Kudos to you, Mr. Jacobs, and props to Jason Engle.

Cheers, LT.

Psion

Adventurer
TerraDave said:
To all those who cannot get in, I would repost the article...but its about 15 pages long!

I've captured it in my Google notebook. I could make it public for a spell...

grumpy.gif
Linking images in post that are wide enough to stretch the standard screen resolution of many viewers sucks.
Vascant said:
Yes, I do have to say this is the first article in the new format that has the quality of the old dragon articles. The others look more like the free content that used to be offered a year ago.
idunno.gif
Not sure what that means. The web enhancements content in general was never very different from a Dragon article in quality or content IMO. Especially the product tie-in Dragon articles.

I'd say this one, the Dukes of Hell and the Ecology of the Death-knight would have been high quality articles in any issue of Dragon. The Dragonmarked and dragon hoard articles are much less useful to me, but still of the same calibre Dragon used to put out.

So far, and now that we've got almost enough content to equal a single issue, I'm finding the online Dragon to be just as good as the print Dragon was.

Not as convenient, though. I hope they release pdf versions of the articles, or of the complete magazine as a whole.

sjmiller

Explorer
Me said:
Wow, I was underwhelmed by the art, to be honest. It reminds me of, well, I am not sure what it reminds me of, to be honest. Sort of low budget CGI meets old RPG art. Not impressed by the art. I have not had a chance to fully read the article, so I cannot comment on the text yet.
Wormwood said:
I know this is a matter of taste (de gustibus non est disputandum and all that), but I have absolutely no idea how you could have arrived at your conclusion.

Honestly baffled.
As you said, it's entirely a matter of taste. I can't really explain why I do not like the art, and the description I gave is a poor example, but it's the best I can do. I don't know, the art just looks bad to me. Not my taste at all.

EATherrian

First Post
This is what I was worried would happen. Because of an eye injury I have slight double-vision and it makes too much screen reading painful. I have to cut one of my favorite articles from Dragon into small bite-sized chunks instead of devouring it all at once. What I read though, I did enjoy. I wonder how much it'd cost to have a printer make professional copies of these, I can't do it justice at home as I have just a black/white printer.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Shade said:
Fantastic work as always, James! :cool:

If this is to be your swan song in Dragon, it's a damn fine one.

My sentiments exactly.

James - thank you for adding such wonderful depth to the D&D canon!!!!

(From this and all other similar articles you've written.)

Last edited:

Intrope

First Post
Hobo said:
grumpy.gif
Linking images in post that are wide enough to stretch the standard screen resolution of many viewers sucks.
Fixed, sorry: but I'm surprised that it was even a problem (1000px isn't exactly huge...)

Anyway, thanks to James Jacobs for letting us in on the Graz'zt's dad issue, too!

Remove ads