The Distinguished Citizens of Gladenrach

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Kurita said:
"This book, do you know anything else about it?" Kurita asks politely "Was it recovered?"

"It was a book of magic tricks written by some old Dwarven somebody," Ceola says. "We never found it... Ran into trouble too quickly.

R.U. said:
"I guess you were hired in this city? do you know from which group or organisation you were hired from? Maybe we could help you uncover more treasures in those tombs."

"No, not here," Grieth replied. "Got hired out West, in... what was that city?"

"Beren," Ceola replies. "Out in Gellend."

It's a long distance to the kingdom of Gellend, almost a month on horseback.

Joseph: Not long after you return to the barracks, there is a knock at the door -- a young cleric from the Temple of Pelor, informing you that Father Pharos would like a word.

He doesn't know much about why, but that key word does leave his lips: Expedition.

Pharos: Kantor and Iajo tell you they have to leave to catch up with their other companions, but promise to return later, to answer any further questions you might have.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Guilt Puppy said:
"

Pharos: Kantor and Iajo tell you they have to leave to catch up with their other companions, but promise to return later, to answer any further questions you might have.

"May Pelor's light guide your path, my friends." Intones Pharos as he bids them goodbye.

Zerth

First Post
It doesn't take long for Joseph to get going. His backpack is almost packed already, beacuse he is constantly on the move with his scouting duties. An expedition? I wonder, what that means. Must be something serious, is the church is behind this. Besides, it's nice to see good old Pharos again.

The ranger gathers his gear and rides to the temple, where he is instructed to see Father Pharos at once. With a brief smile, Joseph enters Pharos' quarters. "Good day to you, Father. I was told the church of Pelor requires my assistance. Surely we aren't talking about a simple walk in the woods, if it needs to involve one of the captains of the Ranger's Guild?"

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Always, so formal Joeseph," Pharos says with a smile. You'd think we didn't know each other all our lives. Yes not a walk in the woods. I just had a disturbing report, of a 'ghoul' powerful enough to kill High Sir Remy. I'm sure you agree that such a thing cannot go unansewered.
"You wouldn't have any other candidates in mind for the trip would you?"
Pharos sits back and listens to suggestions Joseph may have.

Zerth

First Post
Joseph looks a bit ashamed by Pharos pointing out his all too formal greeting. While he's come a long way, he still is a simple farmer by heart deep inside, and brought up to respect the church elders, even if this one happens to be one of his oldest friends. "Um, yes Fat..., I mean Pharos, I do think someone's name comes to my mind besdides the two of us." He's right about the formalities, I really need to get out of my duties for a change. "It's hard to find a more hororable and brave man, than sensei Kurita. Some of my men practise staff-fighting at his dojo and I've learned to know him a little. He knows how to fight and has the strength of will to face something as dreadful as undead."

"When and where was this ghoul found? Not too close to the city, I hope, or I need to have a serious talk with my scouts. I don't know what kind of horrible beast we are talking about - surely no simple ghoul could beat Sir Remy."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Zerth said:
Joseph looks a bit ashamed by Pharos pointing out his all too formal greeting. While he's come a long way, he still is a simple farmer by heart deep inside, and brought up to respect the church elders, even if this one happens to be one of his oldest friends. "Um, yes Fat..., I mean Pharos, I do think someone's name comes to my mind besdides the two of us." He's right about the formalities, I really need to get out of my duties for a change. "It's hard to find a more hororable and brave man, than sensei Kurita. Some of my men practise staff-fighting at his dojo and I've learned to know him a little. He knows how to fight and has the strength of will to face something as dreadful as undead."

"When and where was this ghoul found? Not too close to the city, I hope, or I need to have a serious talk with my scouts. I don't know what kind of horrible beast we are talking about - surely no simple ghoul could beat Sir Remy."

"It was found in the mountains to the south. I too think it sounds like more than a ghoul. But that what the lads who went with Remy called it.

I think the Sensai would make an excellent addition, if he is agreeable. Perhaps he will have his own ideas as well. Let me get squared away, and we'll go talk to him."

Voadam

Legend
Guilt Puppy said:
"It was a book of magic tricks written by some old Dwarven somebody," Ceola says. "We never found it... Ran into trouble too quickly.

"What kind of trouble? Traps, undead, constructs, demons, or something different?"

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"What kind of trouble? Traps, undead, constructs, demons, or something different?"

"Undead, actually," Ceola answers, clearly uncomfortable with this line of conversation. "Anyway, I'm just here to grab Grieth... Thanks again for keeping him in one piece for me."

She begins to walk away; Grieth raises a hand in a slight wave. "I'll drop by 'gain if we're in town much... Maybe fight one o' the students next time."

(Now's a fine time for Pharos and Joseph to pop up at the dojo, I reckon.)

Remove ads