The Distinguished Citizens of Gladenrach

DarkMaster

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
"Undead, actually," Ceola answers, clearly uncomfortable with this line of conversation. "Anyway, I'm just here to grab Grieth... Thanks again for keeping him in one piece for me."

She begins to walk away; Grieth raises a hand in a slight wave. "I'll drop by 'gain if we're in town much... Maybe fight one o' the students next time."

(Now's a fine time for Pharos and Joseph to pop up at the dojo, I reckon.)

"Ceola... What about now?, aren't you interested in finding this book, maybe with the help from some of the gentlemens here we could get it back."

"Some of the combatant here are hardened and experienced adventurer and retrieving this book should not be that hard"

rangerjohn

Explorer
At this time two gentlemen arrive at the dojo asking for the Sensai. One in gleaming full plate and the other with a two-bladed sword, as objects which make them stand out. Seeing one of the iniaites Pharos says "could you inform Sensai Kurita, that father Pharos and company, is here to see him?. On a matter of some import."

Zerth

First Post
"Looks like it's pretty crowded here," Joseph tells Pharos as he hears many voices from the direction of the training hall. "The Sensei seems to have other visitors, too."

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: hope our good GM doesn't mind if I grab control of one of the NPCs (the initiate) to get Pharos and Joseph into the conversation.

IC:
The student bows and gestures for the two to follow him "Of course, father, Sensei Kurita is right this way." After a moment he has led them to where everyone has gathered, and then bows again and takes his leave.

Seeing the newcomers, Kurita bows to them "Good day, gentlemen." He smiles and looks around "Never can I remember our fair dojo having so many respected citizens visit before. How may I help you?"

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Yes," Pharos replies, "Joseph, here informs me you might be interested in an expedition. Both to make the area safer and avenge the death of one High Sir Remy. Two of his friends dropped by the temple, and informed me of his death at the hands of a 'ghoul' in the mountains to the south. Now I somehow doutbt and Joseph concurs, that a ghoul would be able to bring down anyone with the title of High Sir.

Zerth

First Post
Joseph nods to everyone present for a simple greeting. He lets Pharos handle the formalities with the Sensei.

Looking around while listening the conversation between Kurita and Pharos he pays closer attention to their present company. Indeed a diverse cast of characters. Even the son of Retroullain is here. I'll wager he's not here to pratice any martial skills.

DarkMaster

First Post
Hope no one else will join, the more people the more I have to share.

R.U stop insisting with Ceola and Grieth.

After all if they don't want to come it's their right, and I will end up with more gold.

R.U approaches Joseph and greet him [OCC assuming he knows this well renown defender of the city]
"Joseph what a pleasure to meet again. There should be more man like you, that puts their life on the line everyday for our security" [OCC Bluff 20 with humans, because he doesn't really beleive what he is saying, but I with such a high bluff I expect Zerth's character to beleive in his sincerity :) ]

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
DarkMaster said:
R.U approaches Joseph and greet him [OCC assuming he knows this well renown defender of the city]
"Joseph what a pleasure to meet again. There should be more man like you, that puts their life on the line everyday for our security"
Joseph nods to R.U. "I do what I can, sir, that's all." He has no reason not to believe in R.U's sincerity, but in any case wouldn't care much about what others think of him. He's a simple man, who does his job, not needing or wanting any fame or praise. "There's sure a lot of people here, today. What's all the fuss about?"

DarkMaster

First Post
Zerth said:
Joseph nods to R.U. "I do what I can, sir, that's all." He has no reason not to believe in R.U's sincerity, but in any case wouldn't care much about what others think of him. He's a simple man, who does his job, not needing or wanting any fame or praise. "There's sure a lot of people here, today. What's all the fuss about?"
R.U pointing to Ceola and Grieth "These two adventurer where telling us how they lost a compagnion, trying to get back an old wizard book that belonged to a lost dwarven wizard [OCC that I assume never heard about, GP since you didn't told me anything about my knowledge check]. Their compagnion felt to some kind of undead. I was about to start planning an expedition to retrieve that lost book, it might be of some value, you know."

"It's not like the city guards would not appreciate that extra money to beef up our security plus you would have the chance to exercise that old arm of yours, with nothing but kobold lately it must start to get rusty."

"I would be honored to have you as a member of this expedition and I would also feel much safer"

[OCC I don't have Charisma 20 and I am not a very good writter assume that R.U express the same thing in a nicer and more convincing way :) ].

Zerth

First Post
The mentioning of undead gets Joseph's full attention. "Is that so? Those two are from that party? I just heard about the death of Sir Remy by some undead beast and you tell me these are his companions. Talk about coincidendes!"

DarkMaster said:
"It's not like the city guards would not appreciate that extra money to beef up our security plus you would have the chance to exercise that old arm of yours, with nothing but kobold lately it must start to get rusty."

"I would be honored to have you as a member of this expedition and I would also feel much safer"
"Now you're talking. I can't wait to get my hands on that 'ghoul'. We came here to recruit members to an expedition to destroy that fiend. Looks like we are late as you are now recruiting me," Joseph says smiling. "Well, the pleasure is all mine. It's a noble deed from you to offer your services against this threat, Mr. Retroullain," Joseph says shaking R.U's hand.

Remove ads