• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dungeon:The City of Clocks

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Damien
The Silver nods and clasps hands with you in parting, saying 'I have Lodgings here in the City, Cousin, if you wish to speak again. The address is 364 Rimple Roww. It has been a pleasure seeing another of the Kindred that wasn't trying to skewer me. Fare thee Well and may The Shielder Watch Over Thee'

Kaz

The iced-cream is indeed heavenly, having the rich taste of vanilla with a hint of cherries. Jack has (incredibly) finished his entire serving and is only too happy to help with yours, floating there next to you. he seems less interested in the fried meat, however. Perhaps he doesn't wish to sample something so heavy after such a sweet treat.

Valendir

Cerri leads towards a Coffe Shoppe, listenong to you drone on with comments, snickering here and there, until you get to the question about her sisters or cousins.
You are sure that you have made a faux pas, of course, a woman doesn;t want to hear such innanities. Never talk about other women! Your frind Calib had said that while growing up, damn it! Sheepishly, you turn to her, catching a tear in her eye as she qietly says 'No, I have no sisters...no cousins, no family..' Now a bit more quiet and reserved, she points to the Coffe Shoppe and enters, ordering a drink and sitting upon the stool, dangling her legs and looking sad, if not altogether pouty.

Taklinn,Jason and Kael find it easy enough to get something to eat, though Taklinn refuses to eat off of a travelling Gnome-Coach, finding instead a stall run by two asian humans. The place is titled Fon Ling Chen's.
Taklinn looks confused by the menu, written in Dungeontongue, but with dishes like Tangolian Dember, Sweet and Sour Rifkyl and Sorgo fried Rice. Finally, the old Man who serves as Cooke smiles, waving and says 'I make Special, Four Star Dember Broccoli, very good...'
Taklinn shrugs and nods, unaware of the experience that he is about to have, unaware of the strange red powder that the Cooke gleefully adds to his food the pepper seeds turning the Broccoli to little Yule Trees, seeds decorating like tiny glass balls. Such was Fon Ling Chen's Magic, the Spiciest Food in all of The City of Clocks.

OoC:ferretguy knows the place...Fong Lin Chen's hasa 'star system' for their spicy food....1-5. I give 1 star a 5 DC Frt Save, increasing by 5 per star that's about right. just the thing to cure a hangover...I never got past 4 star, which was on the verge of obliterating the flavor...

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
As he sits back listening to the asian gentleman rattle off his menu, he does hand a Cuban to Taklinn Of course my friend, cigars like good alchohol is meant to be shared... Turning to the waiter...Hmm that Sorgo Fried Rice sounds delish...That and a soup would be good....

OOC: ahh the memories...was just there a couple of months back...

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Aska finds Kaz and Jack and leads them back to Taklinn, Jason and Kael. Please can we get this over with. I just want a bath and some food but will not do that until after we deliver the box. Aska looks world weary.

silentspace

First Post
OoC: Anyone recognize the ‘You’re very attractive’ line?

I’m truly sorry Cerri, I know how it is to lose someone. The bit about the sisters was for… er, well nevermind about that. Cerri, how did you come to be here alone? Is there anything I can do? I have some pretty capable traveling companions, we can help in a lot of different ways, if you need any help that is. Please, don’t be sad, I’m here to help.

Valendir does his best to cheer her up.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
silentspace said:
OoC: Anyone recognize the ‘You’re very attractive’ line?

I’m truly sorry Cerri, I know how it is to lose someone. The bit about the sisters was for… er, well nevermind about that. Cerri, how did you come to be here alone? Is there anything I can do? I have some pretty capable traveling companions, we can help in a lot of different ways, if you need any help that is. Please, don’t be sad, I’m here to help.

Valendir does his best to cheer her up.

Cerri smiles a bit more happily and says (through sips of her Coffe)' fear not, I am not in despair, just remembering my Family, gone these many Seasons. They...they may yet live, or they may be dead. I know not, for I was fished when I was young, and I have spent much of my life since here in the City of Clocks. The Gnomes are really quite pleasant, once you get over having to dodge bombs and experiments gone awry. Now, how about yourself. You say that you have Companions with you, What's there story? How did you come to meet them in the Dungeon?'

LazarusLong42

First Post
Kael nods to Aska. "Damn it. Where have those two gotten to? No matter... they were here when we were told of the castle, they may well look to find us there anyway. Perhaps in this strange city we can find some form of long-distance communications, for when we do end up split up."

OOC: Once this box is delivered, Kael is going to look for some walkie-talkies. Of course, he doesn't know they're called that, and he'll probably expect to find them in a magic shop.

He'll also be looking to spend some money on getting his spear further enchanted, most likely to +1 shocking.

silentspace

First Post
My story is much like yours Cerri. I was also fished when I was quite young, along with my entire elf band. I grew up in different Worlds of The Dungeon, and never knew any other life. Then I lost all contact with my band, and have been searching for them ever since. Sometimes I feel so alone. The companions I have now are pretty new, but I feel they're good people. They are under a Geas though, which is why we are here. They were tasked to deliver a box to the Clock King. Cerri, you’ve lived here all your life. What do you know about the Clock King?

Valendir tries to be a gentleman, pulling a chair out for her, making sure she's comfortable, etc. He tries not to stare at her bare legs too much.

ferretguy

First Post
Looking up from his food Jason URP....'Scuse me darlin'...While it may be good to get this here 'box' to this gnome king....it may take a little while 'fore we get an audiance. May be good to be in a presentable way or else our rumblin' bellies and smelly bodies doth offend.... Jason goes back to strugglin with his chopsticks, finally just shovelin the food directly in to his gaping mouth...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Wynter Wolf said:
After his conversation and curry damien will go look for the others, so as not to separated too long.

Jack Lobbins zips up, grinning at Damien 'Cor, Mister Dragonkin, th' others is wunderin where ya got to...The is this way...'
Jack moves off,slower, leading Damien back to the main group.

Last edited:

Remove ads