• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Dwimmermount [OOC]

SunGold

First Post
Creator of worlds, aka GM, I'm in need of a large moutain far to the Southwest for my tribe to be from....

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Pretty sure you can just make it up. I made up the stuff in the White Desert, Magen and Hunter's players made up their cities, etc.

I actually really liked that about this game. Getting in on a little of the worldbuilding was fun.

SunGold

First Post
Oh man, that's a lot of gold.

How's everyone feeling? Pay up for the cheaper charter and use it to do odd jobs to eventually pay for the Dungeoneering one, or go see about this heirloom? I assume they'd pay for all of our group to get a the Dungeoneering charter. If it's not an item any of us wants, that might be the easier route. OTOH, the odd jobs could be kinda fun. I'm torn.

GreenKarl

First Post
I did not mention it but if you ask the scribe the city will weave the fee BUT you have to prefer certain services for them :)

And of course the cost is super duper high but also the only place in the world where magical items have a good chance of being found. They think they can get away with it...

eayres33

Explorer
Odd jobs sounds pretty fun, plus none of our characters are experienced explorers, if I remember correctly, so getting a little above ground experience in may be a good idea before we enter the unknown.

Edit: or we could do the work for the city thing.

SunGold

First Post
Oh wait, GreenKarl, did you mean they'd waive the *Dungeoneering* charter fee even?

Still, even if they would, it seemed like most of us wanted to head into Dwimmermount beholden to no one. Asking for the Adventuring charter in exchange for work, and then doing whatever to pay for the Dungeoneering one, may yet be preferable.

GreenKarl

First Post
For completion of either you get a two-month Dungeoneering Charter for two months at no cost.

Its 600gp if you just want to pay it up front and do your own thing...

SunGold

First Post
I'm down to start with one of these jobs, and ideally do both.

Since the reward is better for the Six Hands, I'm guessing they're tougher. Maybe start with the ruins to get a bit of xp under our belts?

Edit: Also totally down to just pay for the Adventuring one and do goblin hunts and such. Whatever everyone wants.

GreenKarl

First Post
If you just want to do the Adventure Charter there are two jobs that were listed on the boards; you could go fight some goblins for the rancher or head north to try and find the lost artifact in the Ruins of Lloraec for the Priestess of Try.

You could also go to either tavern to see if there are any others seeking adventures (as it is assumed that it costs money to post on the open-field's board)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads