• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Ebon Mirror: Dark Marks (Dunamin judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Mouthing a curse at herself to do better, Kama'zer sees the look in Mri'thas' eyes as he glances from the single foe harrying them both to the group of foes he wishes to focus on. Turning and yelling at the rabble between them, she distracts it so that Mri'thas can move out of the reach of its sword before casting. She then swings her sword at the enemy, but is sloppy and out of postion, missing by a wide margin before stepping aside slightly...

[sblock=details]Minor Action: Inspiring Word on herself to heal 7(surge) plus 1, bringing her up to 24/31.
Standard Action: Wolf Pack Tactics attack vs. R2. Before my attack, I allow Mri'thas to shift one square as a free action (perhaps to square G18?) so that if I miss and don't get rid of R2, he can still fire off his spell without an OA. I understand that it deprives me of combat advantage from the flank since he moves before my attack. W.P.T. vs R2 (1d20+7=10, 1d8+4=10)
Move action: Shift to I16.
[sblock=stat block]Kama'zer Anma'giduu- Female Githyanki Warlord 2
Passive Perception: +10, Passive Insight: +10
Init: +7, Speed: 5, AP: 0, Second Wind: not used
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:14
HP:24/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/9
Powers-Viper's Strike, Wolf Pack Tactics
Warlord's Favor, Inspiring Word, Inspiring Word, Aid the Injured, Telekinetic Leap
Lead the Attack, Exalted Armor
Commanding (Tactical) Presence: When ally who can see warlord spends an action point to make an attack, they gain +1 bonus on attack roll (1/2 Int modifier) and +3 bonus to damage from Tactical Assault feat[/sblock][/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Callen steps to the side and fires a scorching burst through the trees behind Brander and the orc. The poor visibility through the trees makes it easy for all of them to dodge out of the way.

[sblock=ooc]move: shift to K17

standard: scorching burst @ I12. vs. refl (Brander, Orc, Rabble)
vs. refl (Brander)(1d20+5=13, 1d6+4=8)Orc, Rabble (1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=11) all miss I think...

minor: none

Stats:
HP: 28/28; Surges 8/8; AC 16, Fort 14, Refl 16, Will 16;
Action Points: 1/1
Second Wind: 1/1
Burning Hands: 1/1
Sleep: 0/1
Healing Word: 1/1
Staff of Defense: 1/1 [/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Kama'zer is unable to harm the human bandit, but does give Mri'thas a chance to move away.

The elf moves across the campground and fires a shot at Soldier, but not even the legendary accuracy of the elves can help the archer find the warforged in the foliage.

Callen then cautiously moves away from the bandit and attempts to catch the shadar-kai, orc, and human in flames. The shadar-kai and orc easily dodge the fire, however, and the human is emboldened by the presence of the other human bandits to keep fighting.

OOC: Mri'thas is up, plus he gets a free shift from Kama'zer's Wolf Pack Tactics on her turn. Note that you can't shift into a square with foliage, as it's difficult terrain.

Initiative: Status
-->Mri'thras: 35/35
Brander: Down 14, Cursed (Ts'iri), Marked (Soldier)
Ts'iri: 19/35
Soldier: 36/36
Orc Berserker: Unharmed
Rabble 1: Dead
Rabble 2: Unharmed
Rabble 3: Dead
Rabble 4: Unharmed
Rabble 5: Unharmed
Kama'zer: 16/31
Elven Archer: Down 10
Callen Stewart: 24/28

2hygkdy.jpg

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: And what if I used my move plus the free action shift to shift two? That would allow me to move into the folliage square next to the one I'm in.

garyh

First Post
OOC: Voda Vosa, Ozymandias has the most mechanically simple and legal way to do it. Just shift to G17 from Kama'zer's power, then move normally - no need to shift, since there are no adjacent enemies at that point - on your turn to G18.

garyh

First Post
I'll be on vacation and away from the internet for a week, and should be back to posting on 3/15. We should be able to wrap this adventure up soon thereafter. See ya then!

garyh

First Post
OOC: ...and, we're back!

Mri'thas' magic kills the bandit near Kama'zer, and the spirits of the other two thugs visibly fall.

Brander, with Soldier drawing all his attention, attacks the warforged with his spiked chain, raking the warrior's armor plating (10 damage).

Initiative: Status
Mri'thras: 35/35
Brander: Down 14, Cursed (Ts'iri), Marked (Soldier)
-->Ts'iri: 19/35
Soldier: 26/36
Orc Berserker: Unharmed
Rabble 1: Dead
Rabble 2: Dead
Rabble 3: Dead
Rabble 4: Unharmed
Rabble 5: Unharmed
Kama'zer: 16/31
Elven Archer: Down 10
Callen Stewart: 24/28

24pc46x.jpg

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: welcome back garyh. Callen will be using scorching burst or something on Brander and the others, but I'll wait till a few more people have gone so I can see where best to place it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads