The edition wars have hit a new low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reynard

Legend
I'm of the possibly unreasonable opinion that books and rules do not break up friendships... people do. [/COLOR]

While that is true, I wouldn't underestimate the impact of a edition Wars on friendships. Roleplaying is an inherently intimate hobby -- you spend a lot of time together in a shared imaginary space, often sharing relatively personal aspects of yourself via the mechanism of your character. As such, something that creates a wedge in that activity can also create a wedge in the friendship.

Shiroiken

Legend
Whatever people feel like wasting their money on I guess. I knew a guy who did the same thing with Pokemon cards for whatever reason...

Ace

Adventurer
That's too stupid to even look at.

4e isn't my D&D of choice but its a really fun game for a lot of people. I'll play if asked though no one has (no idea why)

Burning the books is just wasteful, give them to a thrift store if you really don't want them. That way someone can benefit other than with an ego trip.

dd.stevenson

Super KY
The real tragedy is that some people are so caught up in the edition wars that they take what [MENTION=6688546]bryce0lynch[/MENTION] does with his personal property, personally.

Last edited:

I'm of the possibly unreasonable opinion that books and rules do not break up friendships... people do. [/COLOR]

Each new edition has cost me friends... and made me knew ones.

When you only see a guy everyother tuesday for game, and you no lonher play the same one, yoj drift apart

Raith5

Adventurer
This is not an edition war - more like a war on books.

I made a lot of good friends through 4e ... just like in previous editions.

Crothian

First Post
I can understand not wanting your 4e books. I'm going through that right now. But burning them just seems like they are trying to hurt someone but I'm not sure who. My own 4e books are slowly being given away if I don't have a use for someone else should.

Henry

Autoexreginated
The real tragedy is that some people are so caught up in the edition wars that they take what [MENTION=6688546]bryce0lynch[/MENTION] does with his personal property, personally.

He can do what he wants, but I have a right to find his "performance art" both tacky and ridiculous.

Did you read the part where he was going to take pictures of himself digging through the ashes and finding an unburnt copy of 5e in it?

Really?

REALLY?

It's times like this I miss some of the really more creative emoticons from Circvs Maximvs on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads