• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread!

Chain Lightning

First Post
Kai Lord, Babette, I'm glad you liked the Dwarf follower of Kord. Your opinions mean a lot to me. Very flattering.

Anyways, I'm finally finished with Zanatose Everhate! Sorry for making you wait SOOOOO long King of Chaos. I don't think at this point anything I do can live up to the length you had to wait for this puppy. But I hope you like it anyways. I posted it on the public gallery. But I kinda messed up a bit. I think the image is too large. Its not meant to be viewed that close! Now you guys can see the imperfections in all their glory! :D I didn't have time to paint this one up, so my apologies if the coloring is a bit blocky, cartoony, sort of comic-book-esque. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm full of excuses I know. :)

I hope King of Chaos doesn't mind a few artistic tweaks I had to change from the original description. I wasn't able to but the floating runes on his head. When I did, it looked odd from a distant and didn't "read" properly to the eye. If I was doing a head and shoulders shot of Zan instead of a full body shot, then I could've included those runes in there. The screaming faces was another thing I had to change too. They are now more like shadowy patches on the surface of his robe...maybe even like stains that animate and move. I really couldn't pull off the actual folds and wrinkles making the faces. For that, I'd have to render it like a painting (too much time) or construct in 3D as if I was going to use it for a movie. Which I don't know how to do.

I must say it was a really complex character. Lots of decorative parts. Some I had to leave out for simplicity sake or for the sake of the composition. Hope you don't mind too much.

Link:http://www.enworld.org/forums/gallery/displayimage.php?album=12&pos=21

Is there a way to edit the picture I put up? Can I replace it with a smaller version?

I've attatched a smaller viewable version to this post as well. Oh...I almost forgot to ask....after drawing this guy, you gotta tell me King of Chaos....is this a PC or an NPC? If its your PC, I guess its a pretty epic level game! This guy is so over the top.

Attachments

• Zanatose-smaller.jpg
    Zanatose-smaller.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 3,218
Last edited:

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Bloody hell! That's amazing! And please leave the big one up in the gallery.
This just begs to be used in a campaign as an opponent...

KingOfChaos

First Post
O_O

That is awesome! ^_^ I knew it would be worth the wait when I saw your style of art and the picture could even be a snapshot taken during the Seige of Skull Gorge, when Zanatose destroyed the main temple of his rival, Velsharoon, and stole his power.

As far as being a PC or an NPC, he's been both. I played him for 15 years before finally retiring him to NPC status. All that you see of him now is what he gained just before he became a permanent fixture in my version of the Forgotten Realms as the new god of undead and necromancy. He started as a lowly 1st level elven fighter in 2E and I managed to keep him alive until he became the arcane powder keg displayed so artfully in the picture above. ^_^

This character has seen action in more than 60 seperate adventures. I thought he finally deserved the 'perfection' he had always been striving for. That and he was much too powerful to continue playing ;)

Don't worry about the comic-book type of artwork. In fact, I prefer my RPG art to look like its straight from a comic book anyway ^_^ I do believe Zan could give any of those Marvel villains a run for their money, don't you? ;)

Chain, maybe you should e-mail me? I wouldn't mind hiring you for some of the art for our books.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Chain Lightning said:
But I kinda messed up a bit. I think the image is too large. Its not meant to be viewed that close! Now you guys can see the imperfections in all their glory! :D I didn't have time to paint this one up, so my apologies if the coloring is a bit blocky, cartoony, sort of comic-book-esque. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm full of excuses I know. :)

Chain, you're being modest. That picture is very well done. I'd kill for a color image that well done for several of my key PCs/NPCs for World of Kulan.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers!

KF72

Last edited:

KingOfChaos

First Post
I will be posting art descriptions for Zanatose's arch enemy and creation, Hannible, in here as well and hope that someone does his picture as well as Chain did Zan's ^_^. He's also a pretty complicated character, so there will be plenty of time to finish it. :)

Ronin_san

First Post
ThorneMD said:
Welby Tallfellow
Halfling Cleric
Long Black Hair, tied in a ponytail.
Brown Eyes.
No tattoos or disfigurements.
Dark Green Travel Cloak.
Halfling Plate Mail.
Two Whips. One on each side.
Wolfen by him (crossbreed between wolf and dog).
Light Crossbow on back.
Pipe in mouth.
Holy Symbol of St. Cuthbert on neck.
Signal whistle on neck
(if in a resting period) looking at various holy symbols. They are his collection items.

Hope you Like iT..
Cya

Attachments

• Welby.jpg
    Welby.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads