• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread!

Hunter

First Post
Mithril Dragon-Thanks, your character designs are innovative. Very original and refreshing!

Chain Lightning-Thank you sir! Drynd of the Staff very professional piece. Not sure if you posted your URL before but do you have an online gallery? Also if you have time could you send Drynd again but at a smaller size? (On my computer I have to scroll down to see whole drawing which is nice to see your image close up but I would also like to see your image in one whole view say 6.5 inches tall by 3.5 inches wide.) Also do you have any comic pages that you are working on too and are they on your site?

D20Dazza-It's interesting that you say that because your writing style evokes great visuals to me. Grilok still stands out in my mind and the last time I read his short was in June. Him walking through the muddy streets down on his luck encountering the urchin boy! Very humorous encounter but still dramatic, not a comedy story by far just an amusing interlude in this unique hero's adventures. I would like to corespond more. When you get time could you pls send me your e-mail at: hunterm@mindspring.com

Hunter

Arravis

First Post
Just wanted to bump this awesome thread and say to Chain Lightning, Mithril Dragon, & Hunter, great work guys :). I'm always amazed when I come here.

Mithril Dragon

First Post
Arravis said:
Just wanted to bump this awesome thread and say to Chain Lightning, Mithril Dragon, & Hunter, great work guys :). I'm always amazed when I come here.

Hey ... on behalf of CL, Hunter, and myself ... Thanks! Its always nice to know your work is appreciated.

And hang in there, IcyCool. I swear Gideon is not forgotten. I just have to (unfortunately) put him on my priority list after paying work. But he is still "in progress". :D

Kunimatyu

First Post
Alright, I've got two characters I've been playing for about six months here; if they grab your interest, esteemed artists, I'd love to see character potraits of either.

We'll start with Brother Obediah Matthews, LG Human Favored Soul 5 of Geryon(not the fiend prince), Thresher-God of the Apocolypse

Brother Obediah is a large, mildly heavyset man with a somber -- and slightly unhinged -- expression. He's got male-pattern baldness on the top of his head, but what can only be described as a mane of grey hair around the rest of his head, with a similarly bushy (but not overly long) beard connected to it. He wears leather and sackcloth with a rope belt, carrying only a book of Geryon's teachings and a wooden agricultural flail (http://www.senseofplacesuffolk.co.uk/graphics/flail.jpg) with metal studs on the end that isn't held.

Brother Obediah Matthews wanders the world preaching the inevitablility of the Apocolypse and of the importance of getting one's soul prepared for the coming of Geryon the Thresher-God, who will thresh out the wheat from the chaff at the End of Days. When not preaching hellfire, brimstone, and torment, he uses his considerable healing skills to help the needy, particuarly orphans, as they remind him of himself before he was taken by a wandering mendicant serving Geryon.

He speaks in a cracked, gravelly voice that can rise to impressive heights during a sermon, and while he's not much to look at, he has a certain presence to him that often makes people pay him more attention than they ought. (my fellow players describe Obediath as 'like a charismatic bum holding a sign claiming the world is about to end.')

Ypthlaloc (nickname: Yip), LG Kobold Sorceror 5

Ypthlaloc is the essence of draconic arrogance and arcane power...packed into a dimunitive three-foot tall reptilian humanoid form. When he hatched from his egg, a hurricane hit his small shore-dwelling settlement, killing many adults but leaving the infant kobold unharmed. The shamans proclaimed this was a portent of no small significance: from the wreckage of their once-great civilization, a mighty leader, blessed by the power of the great bronze dragons who once lived there, would rise and lead the kobold tribe into a new age. Yip was adopted by the chief shaman and raised befitting a child of prophecy(read: spoiled rotten and told he was the Chosen One since he could understand speech).

Suprisingly, Ypthlaloc lived up his people's expectations. He possessed the incredible arrogance of dragonkind, and displayed abilities similar to the great bronze dragons of legend; he could breathe bolts of lightning and had an incredible affinity for storms and the sea. Once Ypthlaloc came of age, the shamans sent him on a quest to discover the spirit of the dragon within himself, and only to return to the tribe as the harbinger of their ascent.

When in the company of his own tribe or of people he trusts, Yip wears the headdress of a junior shaman(in RL: Aztec-inspired, with feathers and gold) with robes and a sacrificial stone dagger. When traveling, Yip puts the headdress away and just wears his hooded robe. If people aren't looking closely and he hides his snout in the hood, he can sometimes pass as a gnome or halfling in civilized society. His voice is hissing and high-pitched, which often diminishes the effect of his arrogant bearing on larger folk. In combat, Ypthlaloc prefers to use spells that emulate his draconic ancestor: bolts and orbs of lightning, fear spells, and illusions to make himself seem more looming and powerful than he actually is at this time.

KingOfChaos

First Post
Meh..if none of you guys have started the picture of Vermender, then don't bother. I doubt I ever play the character again, anyway.

I am also gonna cancel my request for Hannible, since no one is interested in doing it. I posted the description last year some time and it never got picked up, so :p

Last edited:

Mithril Dragon

First Post
KingOfChaos said:
Meh..if none of you guys have started the picture of Vermender, then don't bother. I doubt I ever play the character again, anyway.

I am also gonna cancel my request for Hannible, since no one is interested in doing it. I posted the description last year some time and it never got picked up, so :p

I actually thought both characters were interesting and would have made nice illustrations. But, as it is Im so backed up with work right now I can't even move forward with Gideon Redcloak (the current character on my list) for a few more weeks at best. Cool concepts though, King of Chaos.

Arravis

First Post
mispost, deleted. Got Mithril Dragon and Chain Lightning mixed up, hehe (both of whom rock for their amazing work here).

Last edited:

laughingbuhda

First Post
request

I have a character that I just created. I'm going to give the outlines of the character as the little details should be upto the artist to have some fun with.

Polarbear lycanthrope barbarian.

He is 6'5 275 very muscular(18) but has a high dex(16) so he would be lithe(sp) as well.

as a polar bear he would have black skin and white hair even in his human form. Generally cocasian features, as he's from a russian type environment.

Eye color would be black.

He has long straight hair that he wears long except for 2 braids the run down in front of each ear.

He has beads at the end of each braid, the type that wrap around the braid, carved in different shapes to denote his accomplishments. 1 is red and the other is white. (I'll leave the shapes up to you)

As far as gear goes he has a fairly ornate cloak. A large very magical ax. and NO armor.

If someone would be so kind as to do this, or even just a head shot I would be very very grateful.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads