The EN World FREE Map Request Thread!

FunkBGR

Explorer
If someone's got the time, I could use an underwater map.

The players will be going into a lake to confront some underwater big bads.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I've tried scouring the net to find a map of a settlement that lies on the western bank of a river but I just can't find one that I like. The settlements name is Kraymor and is directly Soutwest of Jume in the Kingdom of Keoland (Greyhawk; see map here). I'd like the map to be lo-res so that I can add in my own map keys over and above what the mapper him/herself will put in. This is for a pbp game that I hope to start no later than next Friday.

I'd like the settlement to be no larger than a hamlet, and I'd like the following features:
  • City Walls (with city Gates; one road leading north & another road soutwesterly)
    • Smattering of homes & farm-lands outside the city walls
  • Civic/Governmental District
  • Dock Ward
    • obviously along the bank of the river
  • Marketplace
    • I'd like this to be in the middle of the hamlet and have the center of it be a wide open space for an open air market (carts and booths)
  • Necropolis ward
    • just a tiny portion of the settlement
  • Noble Ward
  • Residential district
    • I'd like this district to have quick/easy access to the theater district and the marketplace
  • Temple District
    • I'd like there to be one of the temples that is more of a Cathedral and twice as large as any other temple
  • Theater
    • I don't need a whole district, just one building large enough to accomadate 1/8 of the settlement

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Reveille said:
I've tried scouring the net to find a map of a settlement that lies on the western bank of a river but I just can't find one that I like. The settlements name is Kraymor and is directly Soutwest of Jume in the Kingdom of Keoland (Greyhawk; see map here). I'd like the map to be lo-res so that I can add in my own map keys over and above what the mapper him/herself will put in. This is for a pbp game that I hope to start no later than next Friday.
Let's see: What about this?

It's unmarked (basically), but I can still add markings and/or buildings, if you desire.

Cheers, LT.

Attachments

• Kraymor3.jpg
    Kraymor3.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Thanks for the try LT. I appreciate it, but I wonder if you could add and re/move a few buildings around?

As for the the theater, would it be possible to eliminate one row of buildings in front of it?
The temple district is great, but it occurs to me that if the necropolis is going to be right beside it, there should be an extension of the city walls around it with a gate leading in. The open air marketplace is great, but could you eliminate the six buildins in the center?

One last question: would it be possible to color coordinate building colors as to their pupose?

Gray = civic/governmental
Green = commercial
Purple = residential (nobility)
Brown = residential (middle/lower class)

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Lord Tirian said:
File updated. Hope it's closer to what you envision. If you want changes, feel free to ask! :)
Much closer. Just 2 changes please; remove the row of buildings to the left of the theater and add 1 more farm in between the one on the right and the one in the middle.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing. Please remove the four buildings to the left of the Necropolis.

Last edited:

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Reveille said:
Much closer. Just 2 changes please; remove the row of buildings to the left of the theater and add 1 more farm in between the one on the right and the one in the middle.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing. Please remove the four buildings to the left of the Necropolis.
Sorry, I'm a bit strapped for time right now. You'll get the revised version in about 24 hours (if everything works out well)

Cheers, LT.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
@Fruthaka: Done. This time, I've attached a slightly larger version, because I've saved the wrong file. If you need it smaller or bigger, tell me. The original is 300 dpi for DIN A4-ish size.

Cheers, LT.

Remove ads