• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Enemy Within: Shadows Over Bögenhafen

Dr Simon

Explorer
Franz the barman leads the group into a backroom of the Crossed Pikes tavern. You notice two large men follow in as surreptitiously as two heavies can be, but nobody seems overtly threatening. There is also a young woman in the room as well.

"Hans tells me that you found something in the sewers," says Franz, sitting down on a barrel. "I find that interesting. I find it interesting because some friends of mine have recently disappeared when they happened to have, well, reason to be in the sewer system. I'd be prepared to help you out, if you'd be prepared to repay the favour. What do you say?"

OOC: [MENTION=17633]tiornys[/MENTION], if you're still with us this is your chance to join in - the young woman is Lorena.

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

Gorim isn't sure how much he should reveal and Garold seems much more comfortable with talking to other humans. He follows Kildrak's example and hope the warlord will speak up.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 12 Will 13
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 37 / 37 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Insanity: 1
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew, Boundless Endurance
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

tiornys

Explorer
While she waits for the newcomers to respond to Franz, Lorena studies each one in turn. A look of guarded respect touches her eyes as she notes the sturdy armor and deadly-looking weapons they carry. Not the types for a sneak job, she thinks, but maybe worth talking to for my problems.

FourMonos

First Post
After a moment of silence, in which everyone eventually looks at the young human, Garold steps forward.

"Right. Here's the thing, friend. We have something important to do here in the city. If the 'favour' you mention doesn't involve getting us put in jail or keeping us from completing our task, we'll hear you out. Fair?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Here's the thing, then," says Franz. "Suppose someone knew of a secret way in and out of the sewers? He might be prepared to show you that way, if you were prepared to help him. See, these associates of ours I mentioned? They went into the sewers and never came back. Well, leastways, one of them came back. In the form of a mangled corpse washed up down by the docks.

"So I'm thinking, you want to get back into the sewers for some reason, and you're having trouble getting official authorisation again. I'd like to know who's been mutilating my friends. I figure if you find that out, I might be be in a position to help you take care of them, if you know what I mean. So, do you think that might be useful to you?"

FourMonos

First Post
Garold smiles warmly, "Well then, I think we may be of the same mind on the matter. You have my word, we'll sort out the sewers of this fine town. I have a sneaky suspicion our goals will answer your problem as well."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Good," says Franz with a smile. He introduces the woman. "This is Lorena, she'll be going along with you to help you with, well, the sneaky stuff," he says. "Now, if you'll all follow me..."

One of the heavies opens a trapdoor to reveal stairs down into the cellar. Franz leads the way with a torch. It seems like an ordinary tavern cellar, except for the door in one of the walls, initially hidden behind some crates before the heavies move them aside.

"This door," says Franz. "We're rather fond of it. We'd like to keep it in good condition so we don't want a lot of people wearing it out, if you get my drift. We'd especially find it distressing if anyone in authority came to learn of it. All sorts of red-tape for building regulations, that sort of thing, which we'd prefer not to deal with."

FourMonos

First Post
"Understood, my good man. Which direction did you friends go when they disappeared?

"Lady Lorena, would you prefer to lead or follow?"

Garold also asks if he can use the torch.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads