The ENWorld Electric Bard Gear (Etc) Thread

ko6ux

Adventurer
I've got a couple. I tend to tinker / customize cheap guitars to suit me.

First is an Epiphone SG with some Seymour-Duncan pickups (a StagMag and a 59) + triple shots (so I can split the humbuckers into single coils) and a bolt-on Dusenberg tremolo.

1703264103011.png

Second guitar is my baby: a Dean Boca 12-string. Tried to get this one as close to the classic 60s Rickenbacker tone as I could. The Dean has a much wider (and more playable for my fat fingers) neck than an actual Ric. Customizations are a bone nut, flat-wound strings, locking tuners, and a Dusenberg 12-saddle bridge for better intonation. The pickups are cheap Guitar Fetish "Vintage Jangle" humbuckers, again with Seymour Duncan triple shots.

1703264790858.png

R_J_K75

Legend
My latest purchase:

Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but it's fun to play around with!
Sounds like a chorus with reverb if I had to guess, That 2nd demo was Pink Floyd all the way. I have a Walrus, its a chorus. tremolo, maybe flanger too? I dont recall the exact pedal. They do make a good product, you just have to sit and play with the settings a while because they arent a straight flanger, chorus, etc. pedal anymore if you're buying boutique.

R_J_K75

Legend
I've got a couple. I tend to tinker / customize cheap guitars to suit me.

First is an Epiphone SG with some Seymour-Duncan pickups (a StagMag and a 59) + triple shots (so I can split the humbuckers into single coils) and a bolt-on Dusenberg tremolo.

View attachment 341051

Second guitar is my baby: a Dean Boca 12-string. Tried to get this one as close to the classic 60s Rickenbacker tone as I could. The Dean has a much wider (and more playable for my fat fingers) neck than an actual Ric. Customizations are a bone nut, flat-wound strings, locking tuners, and a Dusenberg 12-saddle bridge for better intonation. The pickups are cheap Guitar Fetish "Vintage Jangle" humbuckers, again with Seymour Duncan triple shots.

View attachment 341053
...And Your Bird Can Sing...

I love 12 strings, I have a 12-string Danelectro, but theyre such a pain to tune and restring

ko6ux

Adventurer
...And Your Bird Can Sing...

I love 12 strings, I have a 12-string Danelectro, but theyre such a pain to tune and restring

Yeah. There have been plenty of times where I have been like ... I'm just gonna grab the guitar and play for 30 minutes and wasted most of that just tuning.

R_J_K75

Legend
Yeah. There have been plenty of times where I have been like ... I'm just gonna grab the guitar and play for 30 minutes and wasted most of that just tuning.
Thats why I haven't touched my electric or acoustic 12-string in a long time. But I did put locking tuners on them, so I'd bet it's still relatively in tune

R_J_K75

Legend
/raises hand.
Graphtech makes a locking machine head and they are great. I think one turn of the tuning peg is either a whole or half step and they very rarely slip out of tune while the guitar isn't played and usually doesn't take more than a turn to get it back in tune. I have picked up a guitar that I haven't played in months, and it takes under a minute to get it back in tune. Not to mention it makes changing strings so much easier. Swapping them out on most guitars is a breeze, they fit most guitars. I had to put Schallers on my 12 string, and they don't usually fit Squier guitars because the bore hole in the headstock is too small, but I've found that Gotohs fit though. If I buy a new guitar, I automatically buy Ratio's for them at the same time, well worth the investment. Make sure you do your research too though because usually once you open the box they come in you cant return them. The only guitars Ive found they dont fit on are the old split peg machine heads typical on Telecasters and any guitar that has the Kluson style machine heads. Not going to lie, re-stringing and tuning a 12 string is still a PITA.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If I ever get a 12-string- and I do want one- I’ll probably get a Reverend electric. If it’s acoustic, it will be an Ovation, Seagull or Breedlove in all probability.

Remove ads