The Explicatae Incompositae - Being A Bestairy of the Sometime Lords of Chaos

Celebrim

Legend
paradox42 said:
This monster is brilliant. Truly, astoundingly a work of art. Two thumbs up, 5 stars. Bravo!

Thanks. Loarsraol is one of my personal favorites too. The biggest problem with him is that he is a VERY challenging NPC to run. If you use him, let me know how it goes.

Then there's his Tenacious Polymorph Any Object SLA. That's not a commonly-used combat spell, but it can have truly nasty uses if done correctly- one of my now-Epic PCs used it on several occasions to turn enemies into dolls or other innocuous objects, and in Loarsraol's case the effect isn't even dispellable once in place (well, technically it is for a few rounds, but it comes back so the dispel is effectively wasted).

:) This is completely an artifact of 3rd edition mechanics as I was trying to figure out what feats to give him, and the idea just crept in. I'm happy with how it came out. In each of the SL's cases, there SLA are supposed to be not so much magic but something that they can do as a result of the aspect of the natural world they represent. For example, most of Dixtolredi's SLA's are supposed to be the literally the side effect of the noise he can create. In this case, the idea is that when Loarsraol turns something into something else he is giving it a new natural form, as if the character has really been a poodle the whole time and something else had given it the illusion of being a powerful Paladin or Wizard and he's just restoring the natural order.

Perhaps more importantly, he has Disjunction- one of the famous "nuclear options" of D&D- which means that no buff is safe from him, nor are many magic items. With his Wishes (and note that since it's an SLA he doesn't need to pay XP for it), he can potentially get anything the DM wants him to have- personally I'd let him use this to mimic the automatic-buff-removal effect of Disjunction on one target, no questions asked, but that's me.

Loarsraol is supposed to be about the second most powerful Slaad Lord in the pantheon, behind only the current top dog Ssendam. As one of Ssendam's biggest rivals, he has to be able of being a credible foe. You'll note he's the only one on the list that gets real wishes and not limited wishes.

More interestingly, he's got an ability to Feeblemind a victim by touch that gets around Mind Blank. This alone is a killer for low-Will-save members of the PC party, a category which typically includes exactly the sort of characters who'd be up in melee with Loarsraol anyway.

It's a bit of cheese, but Laorsraol is supposed to be a credible threat to minor dieties so he has to have some credible fearsome ability. Consider what this ability looks like to Modron, Archon, or Devil. Loarsraol is a credible, even terrifying, threat to almost any being on the other side of the wheel, and that was the idea. Primus or Asmodeus takes Loarsraol seriously.

That said, there are three problems I can see with his design. First, his AC is probably too low- certainly it's low for a CR 27 creature (even FC1 Demogorgon, at a mere CR 23, has AC 43), and it's actually the exact same number given to Baseraxs, who is of significantly lower CR than Loarsraol even by your own original estimates.

I don't see a reason to up his AC. At most, the difference in AC between CR 24 and CR 27 should be 2-3 points. He's got plenty of abilities superior to Baserax, whose AC you noted as being significant for his CR, and IMO he doesn't need to be superior in every way. The main reason his AC is low is I consider it thematic for a Paradox to be clumsy and unappealing by comparison to some other impulses. Nobody really feels comfortable with paradoxes, so the being that incarnates them is somewhat less appealing than some of his other incarnate ideas.

Second- SR 26?!? For a CR 27 monster? I admit that a monster having lower SR than his own CR- which would mean that even casters below his CR could never fail SR checks against him- is paradoxical, but please can we raise this? :)

You'll be happy to know that in his next iteration, it will be going up to 34. That's two above the DR 0 template. That's as high as I'm going, so deal with it (you can always cheese him up to fit your needs).

Give the poor Slaad Lord a break from the enemy spellcasters. And third, he has that great Quintessence ability- as well as the Epic Spellcasting feat- but he has no actual caster levels or Epic spells to use it with. As I pointed out above, per the rules his Wish SLA does not require him to use XP to power it, so the Quintessence is useless for that- and since he doesn't have integrated Sorcerer or Wizard levels, he doesn't get to cast it as an actual spell either. This means that it would normally be used to power Epic spells, but since he hasn't got any Epic spells to use, that sort of makes it useless. :)

I'll look into it. I could be missing something, but as I read the Epic Spell rules, he neither needs a caster level nor does he need a spell list. He's intended to be able to cast any Epic Spell he could theoretically devise with his +45 bonus to spellcraft (and ability to 'reroll' spellcraft checks) remembering that he's probably 1000's of years old, doesn't sleep, and spends most of his time devising Epic spells. His caster level, when it even matters for an Epic Spell since they don't normally have a caster level as far as I can tell, is intended to be 25. I kinda was leaving the spells he'd use up to the DM since especially as written, the best you can say about Epic Spells is that they can serve as a plot device, but I can look into including a suggested list of spells if you think it would help.

Other things I didn't mention: the Aura of Chaos is a great effect for him, very much in keeping with what the entity represents. I consider it largely combat-neutral, unless he gets something like an Epic spell to call up an army of non-unique slaadi;

Absolutely no reason why he couldn't except that the Epic spell casting rules are notoriously conservative and probably need a second look (its so bad that from a player's perspective, I see no reason to burn the feat on it). But, I personally as a rough guide to what would be reasonable I would think that an epic spell that burns 10,000 XP and summons 30 red slaad for a day of service as a standard action would be just fine.

Last edited:

Quartz

Hero
Celebrim said:
Open the Mind (Su): By touch, Loarsroal may force upon any sentient being a revelation which forces them to attempt to correlate all the contents of its mind and resolve the contradictions it finds there. In many this is a terrible and mind shattering experience and they retreat from it into mindless insanity. The effect is as the spell feeblemind (DC 35) with the exception that no intelligent creature (not even deities) is immune even if otherwise immune to mind effecting spells. Lawful outsiders are especially afflicted by this terrible power and suffer a penalty on the saving throw equal to their intelligence bonus.
This is tres cool, but I've a couple of suggestions:

Firstly, I don't really like the way it's written: it's an absolute effect - what happens when it meets someone with an opposite absolute defence? Could you write it up as an Epic effect? As such, an Epic spell should be able to block it. Thus your lesser deity, without Epic magic would be affected, but a more knowledgeable one, with Epic magic, can take precautions.

Secondly, if the save is made, then there should be a significant beneft - say a +4 Insight bonus to all skill checks. Or maybe if the save is failed and then the character restored to health?

Thirdly, perhaps lawful mortals have to make a second save or be turned into Allips?

Celebrim

Legend
Quartz said:
This is tres cool, but I've a couple of suggestions:

Firstly, I don't really like the way it's written: it's an absolute effect - what happens when it meets someone with an opposite absolute defence?

I'm not completely happy with it either, since it doesn't completely capture the flavor I want. I don't like that it is a touch attack, but I haven't quite hit on what I like better. But it's an absolute power by design, and because it fits my influences on the design (HP Lovecraft and 'Red Son') it will probably stay that way. Part of the problem I have with the current write up is that it suggests its a magical effect. It's not really supposed to be. The only absolute defense is either to have no sensory contact with the universe or to live in a multiverse in which paradox does not exist. Since paradox does exist even in the most orderly systems, there is no defense except to not think about it, not understand it, or to not care.

Secondly, if the save is made, then there should be a significant beneft - say a +4 Insight bonus to all skill checks.

It's a good thought, but I think it would be more trouble than its worth. Alot of the writeups are already more complex than I'm comfortable with. You are right though, it would seem that surviving the power could be beneficial in some way, but it could also just mean that the being managed to force themselves to not think about it.

Thirdly, perhaps lawful mortals have to make a second save or be turned into Allips?

That would be a 'save or die' effect, and I've tried to avoid those in my design.

Last edited:

Celebrim

Legend
I have decided on reflection, that in order to tell the full story I want to tell, it will be necessary to stat out the four canonical Slaad lords according to the same standards as the 14 I created here. In particular, Ygorl and Ssendam, are far too important to who the Slaad are right now to avoid descibing in detail. So, while I have great respect for Mr. Stross, I'm going to have to reimagine Ygorl and Ssendam for you in order to first really make the slaad into the incarnated chaos they've evolved into, and secondly to make all the disparate texts and imaginings of the slaad over the years fit together somewhat and yet also still be fully chaotic.

Next up, Ygorl.

Celebrim

Legend
Ygorl, the Lord of Entropy

Ygorl, Lord of Entropy
Unique Large Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 35d8 + 420 (700 hp)
Initiative: +10
Speed: 60’/fly 120’ (poor)
AC: 47 (-1 size, +6 Dex, +8 deflection, +24 natural armor) touch 23, flatfooted 41
Base Attack/Grapple: +27/+43
Attack: +5 Large Scythe +44 melee (2d6+25 + destruction, 19-20/x4) or claw +38 melee (2d8+12)
Full Attack: +5 Large Scythe +44/+39/+34/+29 (2d6+25 + destruction, 19-20/x4) or 2 claw +38 melee (2d8+12), bite +33 melee (2d8+6)
Space/Reach: 5’/10’ ft.
Special Attacks: Death scythe, lord of chaos, slowing touch, rebuke undead, spell-like abilities, summon aid
Special Qualities: Change shape, fast healing 15, damage reduction 35/epic and lawful, dark vision (infinite), immune to ability drain, death magic, energy drain, mind effecting spells, polymorph, and petrification, immune to sonic, resistance acid 20, cold 20, electricity 20, and fire resistance 20, spell resistance 35
Saves: Fort +31, Ref +26, Will +31
Abilities: Str 34, Dex 23, Con 34, Int 27, Wis 26, Chr 26
Skills: Bluff +46, Concentration +50, Diplomacy +46, Jump +50, Knowledge (Arcana) +46, Knowledge (Planes) +46, Knowledge (Religion) +46, Hide +44, Intimidate +46, Listen +46, Move Silently +44, Search +46, Spellcraft +46, Spot +46, Survival +46, Tumble +44
Feats: Cleave, combat reflexes, dodge, great cleave, epic spellcasting, epic will, improved critical (scythe), improved initiative, mobility, power attack, weapon focus (scythe), weapon specialization (scythe)
Environment: Limbo
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 27
Treasure: None
Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Few if any slaad are more famous than Ygorl the Lord of Entropy. Students or the arcane will know of the Lord Ygorl if they no nothing else about the slaad and can name no other their Lords. There are doubtless several reasons for this. First, Ygorl is among the most ancient and potent of all Slaad Lords. Secondly, Ygorl is one of the few Slaad Lords of the first rank which is regularly found outside of the plane of Limbo, and has any interest at all in mortal affairs. And lastly, of all the Slaad Lords none have been more influential over the history of the slaad than Ygorl the Ender. For all his familiarity to the average student of the planes, no Slaad Lord is more enigmatic and difficult to understand. His motives beyond those of mere self-preservation remain inscrutable. He is rivaled only by Haskismet in being atypical for a Slaad Lord for he is on examination quite exceptional in many ways for a Slaad Lord, and not only in power alone.

In appearance Ygorl always presents himself as a very tall black skeletal being, having the bones of perhaps a toad like slaad, with small black leathery wings upon his back. Some sages have suggested that Ygorl is flightless, but the truth is that he's simply a poor flier and seldom takes to the air. His natural form is said to be that of a huge black slaad, but if this is true no one has ever lived to bring the report so you must make of this rumor what you would.

Ygorl is most famous for his great and deadly scythe, upon which it is said is written the word ‘Death’ in the language of the slaad. But this is in fact a mistranslation. The slaad language has no word for ‘death’, for to have a word for death implies that you are able to imagine a universe which continues without you or at least that there are other beings beside yourself in the universe. The slaad are however in their self-centeredness unable to imagine either of these things. In fact, the runes written on the blade of Ygorl’s deadly scythe read ‘Stop’ – which is the closest thing that the slaad know to death. While there are other Slaad Lords which bear weapons, no other Slaad Lord is so closely associated with an artifact as Ygorl. The reason for this remains unknown.

Ygorl is also famous for his great steed and companion, the rouge brass dragon known as Shkiv. The origin of this relationship and the reasons for it remain unknown to mortal lore, for it is strange and unique indeed that a slaad Lord – those very incarnations of individuality - should have a companion, or that a brass dragon should willingly serve and submit itself to such a strange and destructive being as Ygorl.

Likewise, alone of the Slaad Lords, Ygorl is associated with and does not destroy undead. And further, alone of the Slaad Lords, Ygorl never appears in his natural form, nor does he ever give audience to any mortal on the plane of Limbo.

All these exceptions and mysteries have led some scholars to speculate that Ygorl is not a slaad at all, but some other sort of being disguised as a slaad lord. For example, they frequently site the famous case of Orcus-Tenebrous as evidence of this hypothesis, but I think it rather not evidence but mere inspiration. Other learned sages have suggested that Ygorl is in the midst of a decent toward the demonic, as is said to have happened with other Slaad Lords. For my part though, while I doubt not that Ygorl is driven by and incarnates one of the more destructive impulses of chaos, I think this explanation for his behavior is far too simple and answers nothing.

Ygorl’s influence over the slaad, at least in this current epoche is singular and profound. It is he that conceived of the spawning stone. It is Ygorl who has set the toad fashion in body type which prevails over almost the whole of the race. It is Ygorl that invented the Cult of the Death Slaad and taught them the rituals by which they invest themselves with power. (Now that you know something of their language, you should recognize the same mistranslation, but I will persist in it simply because the phrase has such a wide use.) The reasons for all of these things can only be guessed at, and the most common explanations are I’m sure only half truths.

Like all the Slaad Lords, Ygorl’s power has waxed and waned over the centuries. At one point, he was without doubt the greatest and most powerful of the Slaad and effectively ruler over Limbo if any being could claim that title. He remains great, but is no longer accounted the greatest at least in these past few centuries - that title having returned to Ssendam his sometimes ally and sometime enemy. Perhaps, Ygorl has become too unchanging in nature to maintain his status among a changeable race. Ygorl greatly loathes Zazashaf more than any other being, and their enmity is legendary though neither seems able to obtain a permanent advantage over the other. Ygorl is also particularly ill-disposed to Renbou for reasons that are not easily understood, but perhaps relates to Ygorl’s rumored destruction of what may have been Renbou’s predecessor – Jelicol the Lord of Flowers.

Ygorl is greatly feared by all the lesser slaad and, as much as they loathe it, none dare disobey his commands.

Of all the Slaad Lords, it is Ygorl which I must most advise caution in dealing with. He is not the most unpredictable, most impulsive, or most destructive of the Slaad Lords, but he is the most secretive and most desirous to protect his privacy. Let the trespasser beware!! For now, let us turn to other matters. The great secrets of Ygorl the Ender we will return to in their proper place, as we investigate further the nature of and enigma’s of the Slaad Lords.

Combat
Any being so foolish as to try to thwart the will of the Lord of Enthropy is dispatched without a second thought. Ygorl is a pitiless creature, and many a being has been made as nothing by the blade of his scythe.
Spell-Like Abilities: At will – Analyze dweomer, astral projection, alter self, blink, break enchantment, chaos hammer (DC 24), chill metal, circle of death (DC 24), cloak of chaos (DC 28), cone of cold (empowered, DC 23), detect law, detect magic, dimensional anchor, dispel law (DC 25), deeper darkness, detect thoughts, ethereal jaunt, greater dispelling, greater magic fang, hold monster (DC 23), invisibility, magic circle against law, misdirection, persistent image, phantasmal killer (DC 22), planeshift, shatter (DC 20), slow (heightened, DC 27), true seeing, word of chaos (DC 29) 3/day disintegrate (DC 24), implosion (DC 27), limited wish, power word (any), symbol (any); 1/day epic counterspell, peripety, ruin (DC 28), spell worm (DC 28). Caster level 25th. The save DC’s are Charisma based.
Change Shape (Su): Ygorl can assume any humanoid form as a standard action. In humanoid form, Ygorl cannot use his natural weapons. Ygorl may remain in this form until he chooses to assume a new one. The change in form may not be dispelled, but the Slaad Lord will revert to his natural form if killed. Even true seeing does not reveal Ygorl’s natural form, only that Ygorl is a disguised shapechanger.
Death Scythe (Su): Ygorl wields the great scythe ‘Stop’. ‘Stop’ strikes as a +5 large scythe, and is considered epic, chaotic, and cold iron for the purposes of overcoming damage resistance. Any being other than Ygorl which touches or is struck by this weapon is struck as by the spell destruction (DC 31) cast at 25th level of ability. ‘Stop’ is a major artifact and may be harmed only by such things as are capable of effecting major artifacts.
Lord of Chaos (Su): Any spell-like ability Ygorl employs gains the chaos descriptor. If the spell-like ability already has the chaos descriptor, the DC of saves vs. this spell is increased by +2, and it is automatically widened (when appropriate) as the metamagic feat widen spell. Three times per day as a free action, Ygorl may maximize any spell-like ability he casts as if the metamagic feat maximize spell had been applied.
Rebuke Undead (Su): Ygorl may channel negative energy to rebuke undead as a 20th level cleric.
Slowing Touch (Su): In the rare case that Ygorl forgoes his mighty scythe, the strike of Ygorl’s natural weapons slows any being so struck, as the spell (save DC 39). The save DC is Constitution based.
Summon Slaad (Sp): Ygorl may summon any lesser slaad (mud, red, blue, green, grey, or death) once per round at will. Treat this ability as a 9th level spell. Three times per day, Ygorl may attempt to summon a white slaad with a 30% chance of success. Treat this ability as a 10th level spell.

Last edited:

Elephant

First Post
Celebrim said:
All Slaad lords break the rules as a natural course, but primarily because they are not really aware that they exist. Baseraxs is acutely aware of the power of written law, traditions, and social mores and detests the ability of these things to bring stability societies and the lives of individuals. Baseraxs is among the most subtle of the Slaad lords, and one of only a handful that regularly interacts directly with mortals. Baseraxs makes the breaking of laws and the overturning of natural order something of an artform. Working in disguise, Baseraxs plays the part of a flamboyant and bizarre mortal who brazenly breaks society’s expectations. Baseraxs loves fads and fashions, and anything which overturns long established traditions. He loves perverting morals and destroying ethics. He causes words to loose their established meaning and works to make communication difficult and imprecise. He detests written law and works to obscure the meaning of documents in the minds of society so that no one remembers or can agree on what they mean.

I suggest 'to bring stability to societies' for the first bolded part...and 'loose' should be 'lose'.

Beyond that, interesting thread. I'm bookmarking it, and I wish you luck in this endeavor :)

Edit: There's another misuse of 'loose' in Post 8, as well.

Celebrim

Legend
Elephant said:
I suggest 'to bring stability to societies' for the first bolded part...and 'loose' should be 'lose'.

Beyond that, interesting thread. I'm bookmarking it, and I wish you luck in this endeavor :)

Edit: There's another misuse of 'loose' in Post 8, as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

Celebrim

Legend
Rennbuu, Lord of Colors

Rennbuu, Lord of Colors
Unique Large Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 30d8 + 300 (540 hp)
Initiative: +12
Speed: 90’
AC: 48 (-1 size, +8 Dex, +9 deflection, +22 natural armor) touch 26, flatfooted 40
Base Attack/Grapple: +25/+
Attack: claw +33 melee (2d8+9)
Full Attack: 2 claw +33 melee (2d8+9), bite +31 melee (2d8+4)
Space/Reach: 5’/10’ ft.
Special Attacks: Coruscating touch, spell-like abilities, summon slaad, transmutation
Special Qualities: Change shape, fast healing 20, damage reduction 25/epic and lawful, dark vision (120’), immune to ability drain, energy drain, mind effecting spells, polymorph, and petrification, immune to sonic, perfect chameleon, resistance acid 20, cold 20, electricity 20, and fire resistance 20, spell resistance 34
Saves: Fort +27, Ref +25, Will +25
Abilities: Str 28, Dex 26, Con 30, Int 26, Wis 25, Chr 28
Skills: Bluff +38, Climb +33, Craft (Painting) +42, Concentration +34, Diplomacy +33, Disguise +33, Escape Artist +33, Forgery +33, Jump +32, Knowledge (Arcana) +31, Knowledge (Planes) +31, Hide +88, Intimidate +33, Listen +31, Move Silently +37, Search +24, Sleight of Hand +32, Spellcraft +31, Spot +31, Survival +31, Tumble +32
Feats: Combat expertise, combat reflexes, daunting presence, defensive oppurtunist, dodge, hold the line, improved initiative, mobility, multiattack, power attack, spring attack
Environment: Limbo
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 24
Treasure: None
Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Along with Breasdfea, Rennbuu is the newest and youngest of the greater Lords having been elevated to this position only within the past century. The assumed moment of this ascension is the destruction of the greater Lord known as Jelicol the Lord of Flowers by the Lord Ygorl. Before assimilating the impulse of that greater being, Rennbuu was one of the many obscure Lesser Masters which reside uncomfortably in the space between the lesser slaad and the true Lords of Chaos.

Rennbuu is by all accounts reveling in his new found power, and roams the planes using his power to alter color to sadistically torture beings and create mischief of every sort. In appearance, he is a tall, gaunt slaad with a shimmering hide of numerous incandescent hues. He sports a mane of long silver white hair, much like a lions. When he assumes a humanoid form in his travels, it is that of a venerable archmage in shimmering robes.

Rennbuu is frequently surrounded by an entourage of fawning lesser slaad who hope that they will find sufficient favor to be transformed into a more powerful slaad by Rennbuu’s power of transmutation. Conversely, lesser slaad greatly fear Rennbuu for his ability to transform them into lowly mud or red slaad.

It is not known as of this writing whether the being known as Rennbuu will be long in his title. While he has considerable influence over the lesser slaad, for this or some other more inscrutable reason, he seems to have already annoyed all the other Lords of Chaos - most especially and notably Ygorl.

Combat
Rennbuu prefers to avoid combat whenever it is possible. If his spell abilities do not deter any would be opponents, he generally flees - if possible after turning his foe some ridiculous color.
Spell-Like Abilities: At will – Alter self, blink, chaos hammer (DC 23), cloak of chaos (DC 27), color spray (quickened, DC 21), daylight, detect law, detect magic, dimensional anchor, dispel law (DC 24), detect thoughts, greater dispelling, greater magic fang, improved invisibility, magic circle against law, misdirection, mislead, persistent image, rainbow pattern (quickened, DC 23), see invisibility, wind walk, word of chaos (DC 30) 3/day limited wish, planeshift, polymorph any object (DC 26), prismatic sphere (DC 28), prismatic spray (DC 26). Caster level 25th. The save DC’s are Charisma based.
Change Shape (Su): Rennbuu can assume any humanoid form as a standard action. In humanoid form, Rennbuu cannot use his natural weapons. Rennbuu may remain in this form until he chooses to assume a new one. The change in form may not be dispelled, but the Slaad Lord will revert to his natural form if killed. Even true seeing does not reveal Rennbuu’s natural form, only that Rennbuu is a disguised shapechanger.
Coruscating touch (Su): Rennbuu may alter the color of any object by touch. The duration of this change may be either permanent or it may be timed to expire at Rennbuu’s choosing. Rennbuu may choose any combination of colors he desires and in a pattern of any complexity to be the new natural color of the object. Typically, Rennbuu chooses a color or pattern which is unnatural as possible, and in intelligent beings which offend him it is generally one designed to embarrass offend and enrage. Only a wish, miracle, or similarly powerful magic can restore the color of an object once Rennbuu has altered it.
Generally, these changes are only cosmetic, though they can be emotionally devastating to beings that take great pride in their appearance, and they can enhance or detract from the value of things which are valued according to their color (such as gem stones). However, if Rennbuu assigns an unnatural color to a being, the initial attitude of intelligent non-chaotic beings toward the being so cursed will be one step more negative.
Transmutation (Su): While the color changes Rennbuu performs are normally only skin deep, in objects or beings defined by their color the color change can have dramatic and more permanent effects as a polymorph any object. For example, a plant so altered passes the change in the color of its flowers onto its seeds. A chromatic dragon so touched may alter to the new form appropriate to the color it has assumed. Most notably and commonly, a lesser slaad which has its color changed becomes a slaad of the new type. Unwilling victims of the change which are eligible for a saving throw may make a DC 35 fortitude save to avoid the effect. If they succeed, the color change remains only skin deep. Slaad with less than 20HD are not allowed a saving throw against this effect.
Normally, this transformation is subject to the same restrictions as polymorph any object, however in the case of transmuting red, blue, green, or grey slaad the transformation is total and immediate. The slaad gains the intelligence, wisdom, charisma and supernatural abilities of the new type. When transmuting a red,blue,green, or grey slaad to a white or black slaad, the transformation requires longer. Initially, the effect is the same as a polymorph any object, but in 1d4 days per hit dice gained, the transformation becomes complete and the slaad gains the full abilities of its form new and color.
Perfect Chameleon (Su): Rennbuu has near perfect control over his own color, allowing him to blend in perfectly with his environment. This ability gives Rennbuu a +50 racial bonus to hide. Furthermore, Rennbuu can use the hide skill even while being observed.
Summon Slaad (Sp): Three times per day, Rennbuu may summon 3-18 red slaad or 2-16 blue slaad. Treat this ability as a 9th level spell.

Last edited:

Remove ads