The Extraordinary Guardians #1

Tokiwong

First Post
The Splash Image depicts the heroes of the Guardians, mystical heroes protecting the soul and life of Freedom City from the horrors and dangers of the supernatural world! The next image depicts a cozy fireplace with two figures. The first is a lean man with a thin build and angular face, though handsome and very austere. A splash of white across the front of his hair contrasts with his short cropped dark hair. A dark robe drapes about his frame, and a floating tray with a single wine glass hangs delicates in the air. This is the man many in the know would recognize as Eldrich.

Across from him is a lithe, tall dark skinned woman that smells of the sea. She has long green hair, and her eyes are like translucent pearls. She wears a brief bikini-style outfit with a blue-green motif, the heroine known as Siren.

Eldrich takes a sip of wine, “So it isn’t often that you grace me with your presence, Cassandra.”

“It isn’t often I have a reason Adrian,” Siren replies.

“Well by all means, please explain what it is that I can do for you,” Eldrich quips, “my time like yours is fairly precious.”

“I know, all too well,” Siren replies with a half-hearted smile, “I need your assistance dealing with a new threat hitting the streets in the Southside. My sources,” she clucks the word slowly, “have caught word about a new drug called 'dyne' that seems to be spreading like wildfire.”

“Drugs?” Eldrich questions, “this sounds like something you should be taking up with Foresight. I don’t deal with petty drug dealers.”

“I know, but I suspect Baron Samedi being involved,” Siren replies, “along with other mystical forces at work. I would deal with him, but… the Freedom League needs me, and I am spread too thin as it is, maybe if you could handle this?”

“I would Cassandra, but I must refuse, my time is precious too, the alignment is coming and I must be prepared to face any minion of the Black Hand if they so choose to arise. But I know others that can help you, do not worry, it will be handled,” Eldrich replies smoothly.

“Thank you old friend,” Siren responds.

“Do not thank me yet,” he stands with an ease grace of his many years, “but it will be handled, Cassandra, and if the Baron is behind this new drug outbreak then he will learn the error of his wicked ways.”

Next set of panels depict an abandoned warehouse, with several thugs in skull masks standing around chatting amongst themselves. The men are brutes for the most part, street toughs posturing amidst crates. A tall man of Haitian descent sits on a crate cradling a skull in his nimble fingers. He wears black top hat with a chicken feather sticking from it, and his face has a skull motif painted upon it. He wears tuxedo with no shirt, and tattered pants with no shoes. The villain that is Baron Samedi cackles at his own success.

One of the thugs smirks, “Boss, this new dyne is great stuff, been selling like crazy. The boys are making a killing out there!”

Baron Samedi grins, “Indeed we are making a killing,” he sneers the shadows hugging to his sinister form. He hops off the crate, “but we have much more work to do, but I would not worry about any super heroic opposition, I have made arrangements to handle any meddlers, ma cheri.”

“Arrangements boss?” the thug questions.

“Of course,” the Baron replies in his Cajun accent, “cheri, when the new moon rises, then the true potential of dyne will be reached.”

“Really boss, that is like four days from now?” the thug questions, “what you got cooking boss?”

“I know,” Baron Samedi clucks, “and I will keep that little secret to myself, now help yourself to some dyne boys you have all earned it,” the Baron grins devilishly.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Next panel depicts a sunny street, where a newspaper boy shouts out to the passer-byes about the big news of the day. The cover article is, “Atomic Brain battles Freedom League in New York City!”. The article displays several images from the titanic fight. The crowded street happens to be where Reality Bites, a savvy internet café is located, just down the street from Freedom Hall. Many pictures of various local superheroes grace the walls, and the café is run by Samantha Green. Seated at a table together is the gathered members of the Guardians and Adrian Eldrich in one of his rare public appearances. Two weeks have passed since the team put Strong Arm away behind bars and the group is riding somewhat high on its success.

Adrian takes a drink of his black coffee, “Refreshing,” he replies aloud, as he seems to be fully absorbed into the drink.

Take this time to describe your character and if he is in his public or private persona. You can even explain what they were doing before they arrived but culminate with being at the table with Adrian… welcome aboard Guardians!

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fortune (Michael Rhodes)

Michael Rhodes stepped into the Reality Bites café a little earlier than expected. He scanned the room, not seeing any of his comrades. Scratching his head, he ambled over to an available terminal and checked his pockets for funds.

He wanted to check his e-mail - it had been a few busy days since he last heard from his best friend, Karen, who still was at college. He hadn’t the heart to tell her he was playing hero in Freedom City, only that he was still searching for answers.

Michael had arrived at Reality Bites out of costume, though it was in his day bag if there was trouble. He wore his faded orange Florida university sweatshirt and equally faded jeans. Michael’s black hair was slightly ruffled, and one day’s stubble was on his chin. He wasn’t trying to be in fashion, though he occasionally got the “Nice look” sign from others his age. No piercing or tattoos for him though – that was too much of a fashion statement.

Finally finished looking at his funds, Michael realized he probably didn’t have enough for more than a cup of coffee and some net time. He settled down to login and placed his order. The others would arrive soon enough . . .

Insight

Adventurer
Jeremy Stratton arrived just after one o'clock at Reality Bites, an Internet cafe near Freedom Hall. He expected to see Eldrich, his sometime accomplice in the magical arts, and was happy to see that the elder magician was present.

Stratton navigated the burgeoning throng of twenty-somethings dressed much as they were - a black t-shirt and jeans were in juxtaposition to his normally much more otherworldly attire. The sorcerer's Atlantean tattoos were easily visible on his arms, but other than that, Jeremy hardly stood out at all in the crowd.

He made his way through the crowd and near Eldrich's side. "Hello again, Eldrich," Stratton said. "I regret that I missed our last meeting. I suppose this is of some importance, for you to appear in public like this."

Stratton shot a look toward Michael Rhodes, with whom the sorcerer had worked to bring down the super-villain Strong Arm not too long ago.

Velmont

First Post
-Twenty minutes ago-

In the dojo, two man are figthing with some Shinai. The sound of bamboo striking bamboo is echoing in the empty room. The two men are quickly moving around each other and looks like a dance more than a fight. The younger one seems to have the lead of that dance, but suddenly, the older one seems to feel a weakness. The younger one lower his guard a moment and make a step backward to be sure the older one is ok, but the older take advantage of his opponent's lack of concentration to hit him on the leg, tripping him.

"In a tournement, you can expect your opponent to act in the rules of arts. But in the real life, it generally mean life or dead, freedom or prison. Rare will be your opponents that will give your an honorable fight. That's will finish our session."

The younger man stand up and salute his Sensei. He walks to the lockerroom and starts to dress off. He looks at his shirt, and see an hole. "Great! Another one that I'll have to patch" he told to himself "if I continue like that, I'll have nothing to wear for my trainee at the hospital.". He takes his bag, which contain all his Kendo accessories, and a Shinai made by his friend, Patrick. He takes a look at it for a moment.

I'll find you. With the Guardians, I'll have a chance to find you and free you from where you are.

He close his bag, and grab a huge book of medical study. He walks out of the dojo and starts to walk down the streets. Two block away is the Reality Bites, where he is suppose to meet his companion. He enters the place and spot the ones already there.

"Hi, everyone is fine? If you don't mind, I'll study a bit during the reunion. I have some exam, and I really need to study more. I may be bright, but not enough to not study for my exams."

He puts down his bag and take a seat. He open his book and start to read his chapter on the breathing system.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fortune (Michael Rhodes)

The net was incredible slow at the moment, wasting much of Michael’s time. He had managed to check his mail so the money spent for internet time wasn’t a total loss. As he was just about to ask for a warm-up of his coffee, Michael got the high sign from Battlemancer, though currently he was going casual. Michael motioned that he saw the man, then logged out of the system – clearing the memory spots as a matter of habit to prevent spying. He was really getting more and more paranoid the longer he stayed in Freedom City.

Michael stood up, checked to make certain he had everything, grabbed his mug and strolled over to where Battlemancer was just sitting with someone Michael didn’t recognize.

“Hey, B-M, what’s up with the meeting?” Michael asked in a friendly tone. He pulled up a spot at the table where he could see the entrance clearly (or the kitchen if that wasn’t available). Looking at the other man, Michael smiled and nodded, “How are you doing today, sir?”

He was hesitant to give his name at the moment, not recognizing who was at the table. Yep, he was definitely getting too paranoid. . . .

Tokiwong

First Post
The Next Panel shows a split image showing one side of Adrian Eldrich, the other the image of Eldrich in all his glory. The next splash panel shows the group gathered and speaking.

Adrian speaks, “Welcome Jeremy,” he says with his eyes closed. He turns to the other two, “Michael, Sanji; I am glad you both could make it. I had wanted to take more time before giving you a task, but it seems that a man as busy as me does not have the luxury. But given with your recent success, I think I can entrust you with a greater breadth of responsibility.”

Hammerhead

Explorer
An old man, dressed in sharply pressed khakis, a green button down shirt, and a Tabasco tie, carefully crosses the busy streets of Freedom City, his cane tapping before him. This man was Jonathan Eckel, and, as usual, he was late.

As he approached the Reality Bites cafe, Eckel heard the amalgation of voices, heavy breathing, and heartbeats of the patrons within, and easily distinguished the voices of Adrian Eldrtich, Jeremy Stratton, Sanji, and Michael Rhodes. He glanced at each as he entered, his blind eyes obscured by his black wraparounds.

Sorry, he says, gesturing the Braile newspaper held underneath his arm. Got caught up. How are you kids doing?

Sitting down, Jonathan cocks his head, curious. What, is this place self-service? I'm not hearing any kind of waitress. How am I supposed to get my coffee? the old man gripes.

Insight

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
The Next Panel shows a split image showing one side of Adrian Eldrich, the other the image of Eldrich in all his glory. The next splash panel shows the group gathered and speaking.

Adrian speaks, “Welcome Jeremy,” he says with his eyes closed. He turns to the other two, “Michael, Sanji; I am glad you both could make it. I had wanted to take more time before giving you a task, but it seems that a man as busy as me does not have the luxury. But given with your recent success, I think I can entrust you with a greater breadth of responsibility.”

"Good to see you again, Adrian," Stratton says. "An odd meeting place, to be sure. I'm sure you have your reasons, but let's make this as quick as possible. Are we to discuss our plans... in here?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fortune (Michael Rhodes)

Adrian said:
“Michael, Sanji; I am glad you both could make it . . . .”

‘Well, guess the dude does know who I am,’ Michael thought. He wasn’t much in the planning thing, instead he looked around the room while the others talked. He could still listen and was paying attention – he just didn’t need to be looking at them to do so.

Jonathan Eckel said:
What, is this place self-service? I'm not hearing any kind of waitress. How am I supposed to get my coffee? the old man gripes.

“Hey Mr. E., you ain’t foolin’ me,” Michael said. “You took enough money off me doing those tricks before. I bet you could tell me how far away she was and even what hair color. How . . . I have no idea, but it is so cool,” Michael finished good naturedly. Regardless of his comments to the contrary, Michael will flag down a waitress for Mr. Eckel.

Remove ads