The Extraordinary Guardians #1

Radiant

First Post
Ravenheart

With long steps Daniel walks into the Reality Bites, shaking some of his long black hair out of his face. Without any visible reason a raven’s feather flies from it and softly falls to the ground. As usually he is wearing a mix ob black leather and satin clothes that eat most of his money. He looks around for his colleagues and smiles broadly then he notices them on a table.
Once he is noticed by them he realizes what he’s doing and replaces his expression with detached friendliness. He doesn’t think showing to much emotion is good for his flair.

Tokiwong

First Post
Adrian nods, “Of course not I only brought you here to demonstrate something for you,” he passes out playing cards that seem to appear from nowhere. He hands Jeremy a King of Hearts, and the Jack of Hearts. He hands Michael the King of Diamonds. He then hands Sanji the King of Spades, and Jonathan the King of Clubs. He finishes by handing Daniel the Joker.

“Hold these cards and speak the word Sanctuary, we will continue our discussion there,” he disappears.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Guess I can't pull that anymore. No respect for their elders, kids these days he grumbles good-naturedly, tapping his cane on the floor.

Eckel runs his hand over the card, his brows furrowed. What is this, some kind of magic trick? he quips. Sanctuary.

Velmont

First Post
Sanji grabs his card. "King of spades. If it's suppose to mean something, I prefer not to know." He puts it down and close his books. He packs it in his bag and take it in his hands before he takes again the card. "See you soon. Sanctuary."

Insight

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
Adrian nods, “Of course not I only brought you here to demonstrate something for you,” he passes out playing cards that seem to appear from nowhere. He hands Jeremy a King of Hearts, and the Jack of Hearts. He hands Michael the King of Diamonds. He then hands Sanji the King of Spades, and Jonathan the King of Clubs. He finishes by handing Daniel the Joker.

“Hold these cards and speak the word Sanctuary, we will continue our discussion there,” he disappears.

"Hmm," Jeremy Stratton replies. "An interesting selection, if one believes in the power and significance of the various suits of common playing cards."

The sorcerer smiles. "The King of Hearts," he says. "Does that mean I'm a ladies' man?"

With the word, "Sanctuary", Stratton vanishes from the cafe.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fortune (Michael Rhodes)

Michael looked at the others for acceptance, then shrugged his shoulders.

"Ought to be interesting at least," Michael said. Michael studied the card a moment longer then uttered the word, "Sanctuary."

Tokiwong

First Post
In a flash you find yourselves sitting at a round crystalline table in a circular chamber with ambient lighting from the crystalline walls, washing the room in a strange blue glow. Seated at the table with you is Eldrich in his “normal” garb.

“This is Sanctuary, any proper team it seems these days need a place to plan, to recuperate, and to operate from. With your success over Strong Arm, I have decided to pass along another task for you. I need you to look into a new drug hitting the streets in the Southside called “dyne”. I have reason to believe it may be a plot by the sinister and mysterious Baron Samedi, but we cannot b sure without more evidence or investigation. This is a task you are all perfectly apt to handle,” he says moving his gaze from one person to the next.

Battlemancer recognizes the architecture as Atlantean in origin… btw just a minor modification Atlanteans abhor magic since it destroyed their civilization, and so any Atlantean that knows magic is considered an outlaw and a criminal…

Radiant

First Post
Ravenheart

"Sufficient:"

Daniel does his best not to look impressed but is incredibly happy with their toatlly cool new sanctuary.

He takes a chair and listens to Eldritch's explanation.

"Baron Samedy? Nice name. Doesn't sound like someone in the market for drugs though. Still with sounds like a good work, we can go clubing southside, it shouldn't take long to find someone selling this dyne."

Insight

Adventurer
Jeremy, considering the new task at hand, regards Ravenheart's statement about clubbing. "I am not exactly the most sociable among you," he says, "But I will go along, if only to keep the rest of you out of trouble." He smiles.

"I am not familiar with the drug culture, however," he adds, "So perhaps a brief refresher for those of us who may be 'out of the loop'."

Remove ads