• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Extraordinary Guardians #1

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fortune (Michael Rhodes)

Sylph said:
Sylph smirks, "Great, Geek Boy it is."

Michael smiled at the jab. He liked this . . . ummm, girl? Fey? - he'd have to ask. Sylph reminded him of Karen, his best friend back in Florida. Karen could dish it out as well as take it good naturedly - he hoped Sylph was the same way.

"Before we head out . . . ," Michael started, then paused, working up the courage to ask. "Does this place have living quarters, too? The closet at the efficiency hotel is getting kinda cramped - and pricey on my hero budget."

Tokiwong

First Post
Keia said:
Michael smiled at the jab. He liked this . . . ummm, girl? Fey? - he'd have to ask. Sylph reminded him of Karen, his best friend back in Florida. Karen could dish it out as well as take it good naturedly - he hoped Sylph was the same way.

"Before we head out . . . ," Michael started, then paused, working up the courage to ask. "Does this place have living quarters, too? The closet at the efficiency hotel is getting kinda cramped - and pricey on my hero budget."
Sylph nods, "Of course.. we have all the conveniences you could want... except Digital Cable... but I am working on that..."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fortune (Michael Rhodes)

Tokiwong said:
Sylph nods, "Of course.. we have all the conveniences you could want... except Digital Cable... but I am working on that..."

"But that means you have a working television . . .already a step up for me," Michael replied. He scanned across the room, taking in the decor and the furniture. "Where is here anyway, if you don't mind me asking? And, can I hold the card and say the word from anywhere or just where we started?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Keia said:
"But that means you have a working television . . .already a step up for me," Michael replied. He scanned across the room, taking in the decor and the furniture. "Where is here anyway, if you don't mind me asking? And, can I hold the card and say the word from anywhere or just where we started?"
“Sure we have that,” she shrugs, “and well here is sort of between here and there… it is a pocket dimension… my home, your home… make shift prison… fun house all in one,” she giggles.

“You can use the card pretty much anywhere… by the way the Cards were my idea thank you very much, but do I see anyone thanking Sylph…. I don’t think so…” she says with attitude.

Velmont

First Post
"Maybe if you would give us the chnace to thank you, maybe we would. But you know, teleporting, even if it is in a dimensionnal pocket, it is something I find, how to tell it... ordinary." Sanji answers, trying to tease Sylph.

Insight

Adventurer
Amused as he might be at this discussion of the finer points of television technology, the erstwhile Battlemancer senses grander things in motion. "We must away from here as soon as possible," he says. "Sylph, how is it that we might be transported to Southside in Freedom City? Is there some other transportation device around here somewhere, or should I do the honors?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Insight said:
Amused as he might be at this discussion of the finer points of television technology, the erstwhile Battlemancer senses grander things in motion. "We must away from here as soon as possible," he says. "Sylph, how is it that we might be transported to Southside in Freedom City? Is there some other transportation device around here somewhere, or should I do the honors?"
"Do the honors, the Teleport device can place you where you want to be, as long as you know where you are going," Sylph replies.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fortune (Michael Rhodes)

Sylph said:
“You can use the card pretty much anywhere… by the way the Cards were my idea thank you very much, but do I see anyone thanking Sylph…. I don’t think so…” she says with attitude.

"Well, now that I know, I'll thank you," Michael said. "Umm, . . . thank you."

Michael said that last part (well, all of it actually) with sincerity, as he was getting tired of 'the closet' and this seemed much much better.

"I'm ready to go when you guys are," Michael said.

Insight

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
"Do the honors, the Teleport device can place you where you want to be, as long as you know where you are going," Sylph replies.

"Ah, excellent," Stratton replies. "I prefer not to overtax my mystic powers for now, especially if we shall need them in the upcoming effort."

He turns towards the rest of the Guardians. "Are we ready to go then? Does someone know a good place in Southside to find our quarry?"

Battlemancer glances around the room, looking for something or someone. "Now where did my elf wander off to? Sylph, have you seen Darudin?"

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Insight said:
Battlemancer glances around the room, looking for something or someone. "Now where did my elf wander off to? Sylph, have you seen Darudin?"

Darudin the sidekick is wherever you want him to be last I checked you wanted to control him… Also, the Base Teleport only works for any location not properly warded in Freedom City, or other kinds of defenses, i.e. villainous lairs and the like.

Sylph shrugs, “Nope have not seen him, an elf you say? I have not seen one of those in ages. Always too stuffy and straight laced for me. Oh," she interjects, "If you are at a loss of where to start you can always check out a place I heard about on TV, called Eclipse, supposed to be real hip, with edgy music!”

“The fact that it was supposedly built by vampires back in the day adds to the atmosphere,” she adds slyly.

Last edited:

Remove ads