• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Extraordinary Guardians #1

Velmont

First Post
"Let's start first by finding a sample of that drugs. With the sample, we will have found a dealer, and we may decide if we want to follow or bully him."

Hammerhead

Explorer
Vampires? You gotta be kidding me. And an elf? I'm not too keen on this mystical stuff. I heard that Eclipse is where all the crazy goth kids hang out, Echo says, smiling at Ravenheart to let him know he was only kidding.

I like the place though, Sylph. Thanks for letting us use it. Good architecture. The colors don't match though.

Radiant

First Post
Ravenheart

Tokiwong said:
Sylph shrugs, “Nope have not seen him, an elf you say? I have not seen one of those in ages. Always too stuffy and straight laced for me. Oh," she interjects, "If you are at a loss of where to start you can always check out a place I heard about on TV, called Eclipse, supposed to be real hip, with edgy music!”

“The fact that it was supposedly built by vampires back in the day adds to the atmosphere,” she adds slyly.

Danie's head snaps back up a this.

"Let's start there."

After he had a second to get over the initial excitment he ads in a low voice.

"I mean it shoud be as good a place as any other."

Sanji said:
"Let's start first by finding a sample of that drugs. With the sample, we will have found a dealer, and we may decide if we want to follow or bully him."

"Maybe we can get the drug for anylisis and follow him. With your powers that shouldn't be much of a challenge."

Echo said:
Vampires? You gotta be kidding me. And an elf? I'm not too keen on this mystical stuff. I heard that Eclipse is where all the crazy goth kids hang out, Echo says, smiling at Ravenheart to let him know he was only kidding.

Daniel softly smiles back.

"We take that as a compliment. If you want to be different you know you succeded then the mass calls you crazy. The only problem is that we are right. Magic is real, I am the living proof. Eternally living as it happens."

Insight

Adventurer
The sorcerer smiles. "Excellent," he says. "Let us be off to this Eclipse place then."

He stands next to the teleportation device, and awaits his fellow Guardians to do the same before invoking the words of power that will transport them to the Southside club.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Sanji puts his card in his pocket. He take out his Shinai out of bag and put it on the table. "I'll leave it here. So no one touch it. If there is trouble and I need it, I can always come here and take it. Now, see you there."

Sanji scan the South of the city in his mind. Whe he finally spot a place where he can teleport without being seen, he just vanish and appear there. From that place, he starts to walk to the Eclipse, and stop when he got it in sight.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fortune (Michael Rhodes)

"Vampires, elves, voodoo magicians, heros . . . didn't learn about any of this stuff in college," Michael commented. "I'm with you Mr. E, this stuff is just a bit different. Cool, but different."

Michael readied himself by cracking his neck from side to side, and heading to wherever Battlemancer indicated to get this thing started. They gave him a place to stay - the least he could do is battle some vampires, street thugs and voodoo dudes.

Tokiwong

First Post
The Eclipse

The next full page panel depicts the hero approaching the club…A line wraps around this dark industrial looking structure. The youth are dressed in black, and wear macabre makeup, or at least you think it is makeup. Outside two large men in black trench coats with top hat inspect the patrons before they enter. The actual entrance is down a flight of stairs that the bouncers seem to be standing in front of. The sky is cloudy and dark, and the moon shimmers behind the veil of clouds…

Let me know how you approach and all that…

Insight

Adventurer
Standing well away from the club, and out of visual range of the youth of the night, Battlemancer watched as his fellow Guardians oriented themselves to the new surroundings. The sorcerer noticed that Darudin, his elven companion, had decided to show himself.

"Ah, Darudin," Battlemancer said. "Good of you to show up."

The elf half-smiled and cocked his head. "Sure thing, boss," he said in a soft, high-pitched voice. Darudin was dressed as always in hunting leathers, his trademark bow in hand.

"You'd better get out of sight, Darudin," Battlemancer suggested. "I doubt these kids will take kindly to your presence here, and it might draw the wrong kind of attention. Perhaps a spot between those two buildings..." The sorcerer indicated a possible hiding location.

"You want I should keep an eye out for you?" Darudin asked.

"That would be perfect," Battlemancer replied, patting the elf on his back. Darudin took off gracefully as ever, ready to keep watch on the evening's activities.

Battlemancer turned his attention toward his companions. He tussled his heavy deep green cloak, revealing a bit more of the ornate white robe beneath as he did. "While my attire is not entirely dissimilar to that of our quarry," he began, "I think perhaps a disguise of sorts is in order. My weapon might also be an issue." The sorcerer adjusted the Sword of Seven Cycles in its belt scabbard, but the blade was still quite visible.

Reaching a hand toward the darkened sky, Battlemancer intoned, "By the power of Atlantis, I invoke the Seven Gullible Glamers! Sheath me in sorcery to conceal my true nature!"

With a rush of wind, Battlemancer was now to all outward appearances another goth-obsessed youth, and would much more easily fit in with the other club-goers.

"The rest of you ready to go?" he asked.

Battlemancer is using his Illusion power to create a disguise. I imagine this should give him a bonus commensurate with his ranks in Sorcery (+10), making his total a +13 to Disguise.

Velmont

First Post
Sanji looks at the people in line. After a moment, he close his eyes, and see his room. As he open them, he is standing in the mess of his appartment.

"Where did I put them?"

Sanji search through his cloths, and finally fall on an old black jeans and a t-shirt of Metallica. He puts them up, take some black socks and his old shoes.

"Well, not that great, but at least I won't contrast too much...well, maybe, but I'll give a try."

Sanji close his eyes to scan near the Eclipse, and see Battlemancer casting and an elf standing next to him. As he open his eyes, he sees the elf standing next to a man that he takes time to recognize. It's Battlemancer, but he is only sure because he saw him a moment ago.

"Well, you are more convincing than me... I think I let you go first, and try to enter after you. At worst, I will watch you from outside the building, and I'll come if you need help."

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fortune (Michael Rhodes)

Battlemancer said:
"The rest of you ready to go?" he asked.

Michael looked down at his bright orange Florida University sweatshirt, jeans, and sneakers and shook his head.

"I don't think I'm dressed for this part," Michael said, "and Mr E. might have some trouble as well. Maybe he and I should wander about, check the side alleys and whatnot, but be close enough to jump in should you need bailed out."

Remove ads