The Extraordinary Guardians #1

Insight

Adventurer
Keia said:
Michael looked down at his bright orange Florida University sweatshirt, jeans, and sneakers and shook his head.

"I don't think I'm dressed for this part," Michael said, "and Mr E. might have some trouble as well. Maybe he and I should wander about, check the side alleys and whatnot, but be close enough to jump in should you need bailed out."

"Very well," Battlemancer replies. "I might as well head inside the club itself. If the rest of you would be so good as to watch the exits, that would be grand. Darudin will watch the front from over between those two buildings - the rest of you should spread out."

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Can you do that impressive spell on the rest of us, Battlemancer, or just yourself? If you can't, I guess me and Fortune can stand outside while you and Ravenheart go inside.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fortune (Michael Rhodes)

Echo said:
Can you do that impressive spell on the rest of us, Battlemancer, or just yourself? If you can't, I guess me and Fortune can stand outside while you and Ravenheart go inside.

"What? He can do that chango thing to our clothes too?" Michael asked surprisedly. "Maybe a Black Florida University sweatshirt with silver lettering . . . that would look really cool. And that new basketball guy's shoes . . ."

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: GM, the Illusion power is of Sustained Duration, requiring a free action every round to maintain. This situation brings up a valid question - can Battlemancer maintain several illusions at once, or would that be too many free actions in one round? If you rule it would have to be one single Illusion, since I don't have the Area Extra, what would be the restrictions in terms of how far apart we could get?

Tokiwong

First Post
Insight said:
OOC: GM, the Illusion power is of Sustained Duration, requiring a free action every round to maintain. This situation brings up a valid question - can Battlemancer maintain several illusions at once, or would that be too many free actions in one round? If you rule it would have to be one single Illusion, since I don't have the Area Extra, what would be the restrictions in terms of how far apart we could get?
For a Hero Point I will allow you to sustain the ability as an Area Effect for the scene. Otherwise, no. Effectively Extra Effort, but I assume you do not want to be fatigued.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
For a Hero Point I will allow you to sustain the ability as an Area Effect for the scene. Otherwise, no. Effectively Extra Effort, but I assume you do not want to be fatigued.

Yeah, I'd like to avoid fatigue if at all possible. I'll spend the Hero Point to make it area effect. I'll edit my previous post to reflect the change.

Insight

Adventurer
Keia said:
"What? He can do that chango thing to our clothes too?" Michael asked surprisedly. "Maybe a Black Florida University sweatshirt with silver lettering . . . that would look really cool. And that new basketball guy's shoes . . ."

"Yes," Battlemancer replies. "I believe a larger scale effect may be in order. I had not realized that we were all in need of a change in clothing, as it were."

Incanting the magic of his Atlantean forebears, Battlemancer waves a wand, and everyone is draped in more goth-style appearances.

"Much better," he adds.

Tokiwong

First Post
Insight said:
"Yes," Battlemancer replies. "I believe a larger scale effect may be in order. I had not realized that we were all in need of a change in clothing, as it were."

Incanting the magic of his Atlantean forebears, Battlemancer waves a wand, and everyone is draped in more goth-style appearances.

"Much better," he adds.
The panel opens with the heroes walking inside the club under disguise after waiting outside for about thirty minutes. The interior is dark, filled with youths who all just wallow in their own self-pity and seem to try and out do each other in their macabre get ups.

The team can hear loud music which is dreary and dirge like and seems to wallow in even more self-pity. It dos not take long to see that most people are just posers trying to fit in, but at least it gives them a place to feel like they belong.

The team spots a group of four teens speaking with a man in a black trench coat who seems out of place because his clothes are decidedly no gothic like, but he does have a white skull painted on his face.

One of the kids gets a little too excited and the man shoves him back over a table onto his back. He tumbles to the ground in a heap at Michael’s feet.

Hammerhead

Explorer
I look like a darn fool, Echo complains to himself as he marches inside Eclipse, trying not to stare at all the freaks. What these youngsters need is a smack upside their heads. Don't even get me started about their music.

Still, however annoying these kids were, Jonathan wasn't about to let some other punk push them around. Nice makeup, sissy boy, he says to the man in the trench acidly.

Remove ads