• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Faerie Woods [Knight Otu Judging]

Patlin

Explorer
Round 15 continues

Persephone stumbles, but her fall is unseen due to the invisibility.

(Ishmael is up next, then Nars.)

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: Checking in. I've driven about 700 miles since last Friday. I'll be back home Sunday night and probably won't check in again until then. Nars is going to be mighty upset when he realizes that Gorefoot is down for the count. He loved that little guy. I guess if you're going to die, going to around -50 hitpoints is the way to do it. :) Thanks for NPCing Nars, he acted exactly as I intended.

IC: Nars continues moving towards the crossbow and bolts. Once he has picked them up, he will attempt to stay 30 feet away from the Redcap while peppering it with bolts. If the redcap moves toward him, he will double move away from it.

Patlin

Explorer
SlagMortar said:
IC: Nars continues moving towards the crossbow and bolts. Once he has picked them up, he will attempt to stay 30 feet away from the Redcap while peppering it with bolts. If the redcap moves toward him, he will double move away from it.

Nars picked up the crossbow and bolts this round, so he can load and shoot in his next action.

I have no idea, however, what Ishmael intends to do...

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: Sorry about the delay. I'm not usually the type to miss out on posting, but I lost access on Friday.
OOG2: Good save, Icycool. I had thought that the thing was wielding a Huge Scythe or something :)
OOG3: Ishmael drops the Glaive and takes out a Cold Iron Dart. He tosses it at the Redcap.
To Hit: 1d20+8=26, Damage: 1d3+2=4

Ishmael grits his teeth at the sight of the downward arc of the Scythe and its bloody end into Rodimus' newly mended chest. The Deep Halfling shakes fearfully now at the Redcap's maniacal laughter. So violent is his nervous spasms that the Glaive slips from his grasp and falls unto the rubble.

He does not bother picking it up, and he almost bolts if not for the the depressing, imprisoning landscape... and Percy's instruction.

"Stay away from him Ismael! I've got a plan!" Cries the Sorceress. All thoughts of flight scatter from the Knight's tortured mind. He turns back to his fate, bloodied by his comrades' fleeting lives. And his piercingly blue eyes harden, cat-like slits appear within them.

Grim thoughts enter his mind. I am sorry, Persephone. I cannot flee. I cannot leap to safety. My end has come

It is not despair that overwhelms Ishmael of the Wooden Sword, but an acceptance of Death in all of its gristly forms. For a fleeting moment, he is filled with the Courage that he so fervently wished for, the Courage that he lacked when his Master was slain.

In Righteous, Brave, Spitting-in-a-God's-Eye Spite (if it could be called that), he plucks the last of his Cold Iron Darts from his belt. He wastes no time screaming curses and oaths at the Fey.

"To me, Fiend" he speaks quietly to his target as he hefts then casts the missile at the Redcap's heart.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Ishmael hits the Redcap for 4 points of damage.

Nars, perhaps due to a slight shaking as he aims the crossbow, misses (d20+4=7).

The Redcap charges Sir Ishmael, dancing nimbly across the rocks but botching the attack (with a natural one.)

(No time for a new map, we'll have to use simplified targeting for a little while.)

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: Once again... HOLY CRAP! That was lucky as heck! ... though I expect to last one or two rounds more. Give 'em hell, guys. And the gods protect me from crits...

OOG2: Ishmael readies his shield (move action) and goes into full defense. His AC is now 28 (+1 size, +2 shield, +5 armor, +1 dodge, +3 dex, +2 deflection, +4 full defense).

Fate intervenes once more to shield Ishmael from harm. The Redcap pounces upon the Deep Halfling but lands badly, ruining his sweeping strike and slicing through rubble instead of Halfling flesh. Ishmael is shocked by Providence's hand in the matter, but continues the next phase of his plan, albeit slightly shaken.

Gods grant that mine life last but a few moments more, prays Ishmael to whomever Power would be listening. Not for my own sake, my Lord or my Lady, but for those I have come to call Friends. Grant thine Mercies upon them and, by thine Will, save none for this Murderous Fiend.

The Redcap hefts his Scythe for another strike just as Ishmael finishes strapping on his Kite Shield to a secure, defensible position. Though blood from his forehead wound seeps into his face, he falls into a prayerful trance. The Knight of the Wooden Sword eyes the Fey warily as he tightens of the last strap, trying desperately to avoid adding his blood to the gory blade.

Patlin

Explorer
Round 16 Continues

Initiative
Nars
Redcap (61 damage and hurt)
Rodimus (21 damage of 18 hp, -3 hp)
Persephone
Ishmael

Rodimus fails to stabilize, dropping to -4 hp.

(Persephone goes here.)

Ishmael grimmly straps on his shield and prepares to stand against the Redcap's assault. In defiance of a halfling's small frame, Ishmael's great heart shines through, and to his companions he seems a veritable tower of might. Ready to take whatever the forces of evil can send his way, Ishmael seems to represent all that is right in the world against the Redcap's malevolent fury.

Round 17 Begins
Nars misses . In frustration, he wonders if he's simply having ill luck, or if throwing the thing nocked some part out of true.

The Redcap smashes his Scythe into Sir Ishmael, who waivers under the assault but remains standing. (20 damage.)

Rodimus fails to stabilize, dropping to -5 hp.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: Ishmael draws a Cold Iron Kukri from his belt holster then attacks with it, fighting defensively.

AC is now 26 (+1 size, +2 shield, +5 armor, +1 dodge, +3 dex, +2 deflection, +2 Fighting Defensively)

I'm really rueing my choice of Cleave vs. Combat Expertise...;P

Kukri Attack (1d20+2=9, 1d3+2=5)

Pain explodes into Ishmael's side as the Scythe connects, slashing below his shield arm and through his mail hauberk. Blood wells into his mouth, escaping through his lips to dribble upon his white and rust surcoat.

The Redcap's laughter seems a whole Plane of Existence away from the wracked Ishmael, who struggles to act amidst disorientation and intense agony. The Deep Halfling's vision blurs, his ears only hear indistinct echoes.

But he snaps back into focus, or at least, attempts to. His right arm moves first to make sure that his entrails aren't spilling out of his opened gut. Then, he moves his shield arm into a position to do that and cover his ravaged torso. Ishmael draws another Cold Iron weapon from his belt with his now free right hand.

It is a Kukri, a crescent-bladed long knife with its edge on the inside curve. It is as much a weapon for gutting as it is for chopping. Ishmael sluggishly swings the blade in a wide arc, attempting to catch the Redcap its reach. His Shield remains defensively in place to ward off blows.

"Have at thee!" he cries.

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

"Ishmy! No! Stay away from my little buddy you shrimpy bastard!" Two bright streaks of purple flame streak out from the clear air next to the wall, exploding into the Recap. In their wake, Persephone's form fades back into sight.

OOC: Drop a second level slot to cast magic missile.
Spells cast: 0 level: 2 of 6: mage hand & dancing lights
1st level: 7 of 7:mage armor (x2), magic missile (x5)
2nd level: 3 of 4: invisibility (x2), magic missile

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads