• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Faerie Woods [Knight Otu Judging]

Manzanita

First Post
"Hey - want some more purple fire you monster!" Percy dishes out her last spell, not that she'll tell the redcap that... Magic missile: 7 pts.

Patlin

Explorer
Round 17 Concludes
Persephone continues blasting away, making the most of her dwindling energies, striking at the Redcap with the power of her magic missiles.

Ishmael slashes at the Redcap with his Kukri, failing to harm him but keeping hs defences at the ready.

Round 18 begins

Initiative
Nars
Redcap (77 damage and hurt)
Rodimus (23 damage of 18 hp, -5 hp)
Persephone
Ishmael (20 damage of 32 hp)

Nars reloads his crossbow, slamming on the thing to se it right. Quickly taking aim, he hits the Redcap for 11 damage.

The Redcap, sensing the tide turning against it, seems filled with doubt. It takes on a defensive posture itself, swinging at Ishmael, and just barely missing. It takes a five foot step backing away from Sir Ishmael, and its laughter stops as it seems to consider itself in danger for the first time.

Rodimus fails to stabilize, dropping to -6.

(Persephone is up, followed by Ishmael.)

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

OOC: I believe percy is still standing next to Rodiums.

Percy kneels, trying to keep an eye on the Redcap, she reaches into his belt pouch, trying to find Rodimus' curing potions. If she can find them, she'll feed one to him.

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars keeps loading and firing methodically, but there is more than a little shake to his hands. 5 more shots. I should have bought more bolts, but I did not expect this creature to take so much punishment. I only hope Sela will forgive me. His shot flies wide.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: If anyone still has scrolls or something, it might be a great idea to use them now. My only other Scroll is a Magic Weapon spell. Ack.
OOG2: Ishmael stays where he is, dropping his Kukri. As a move action, he draws a flask of oil from his belt, already prepped for use as Alchemist's Fire. Then, he throws the flask at the Monster.
Ranged touch attack, 50% chance of igniting, damage, reflex DC 15 or catch fire. (1d20+8=14, 1d100=46, 1d6=2)

Ishmael grunts as he wards off the tip of the Scythe with his Shield. The Deep Halfling watches the Redcap back off but supresses his desire to pursue, leaning heavily on their current momentum.

To Persephone, Ishmael speaks in that gutteral, harsh yet smooth tongue, Draconic. The Knight chokes a little on his own blood. His eyes never leave the Redcap. [sblock]"If I should fall, Percy, there are Healing Salves in my pack" [/sblock]

A clay flask with a bit of twine at its mouth appears in Ishmael's hand. This was a trick he used upon the Living Spell they had encountered in Rilthorne's tower and henceforth, he carried oil flasks for that purpose alone (especially since he doesn't need them for anything else). He hopes that the tactic would still work now.

"For Gorefoot!" He casts the flask at the Redcap, hoping to inflict enough damage to bring it down.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC1: Percy doesn't speak Draconic - I didn't read Ishmael's message

OOC2: Percy did receive 3 spells on a scroll from Rilithorn's tower. I doubt this was ever explicitly stated, but can we assume she 'took 20' w/a spellcraft check to decipher the writing between this adventure & the last? (at 3rd level she had 3 ranks in spellcraft, which was sufficient to read up to a 3rd level spell successfully when taking 20)

Patlin

Explorer
Round 18 Concludes

Initiative
Nars
Redcap (88 damage and hurt)
Rodimus (24 damage of 18 hp, -6 hp)
Persephone
Ishmael (20 damage of 32 hp)

Persephone pours a cure light wounds potion into Rodimus's mouth, curing him for 3 points and stabilizing him at -3 hp. (Persephone has previously familiarized herself with her scrolls and can attempt to use them.)

Ishmael's flasks burst into flame, dealing two points of damage to the Redcap. The redcap itself does not ignite.

Round 19 Begins
Nars shoots another cold iron bolt at the Redcap, missing it.

The Redcap scowls at the continuing onslaught. "Another day I shall kill you all!" Reaching for the necklace, he begins to activate it. ooc: The Redcap has begun a full round action.

(Persephone is up next!)

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

"Today we will kill you!" Percy shouts. She pulls out her scroll and casts magic missile at the monster.

OOC: Actually, I don't know if she could do that in just one round. Would it take more than a move action to pull out a scroll? Is a 3rd level caster scroll. She can cast this with no chance of failure for 2d4+2

Remove ads