• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Faerie Woods [Knight Otu Judging]

Patlin

Explorer
After a bit of fairly disgusting work, you recover the sword. The name "Fey Hunter" is etched into the sword's guard. While broken, it still has a strong magic aura and may be repairable.

Most of the scrolls have to do with the necklace and the Druid that crafted it. The Redcap must somehow have stolen it in his effort to gain the necklace. Using a cantrip, Ishmael determines the scroll is a Druidic ritual of Reincarnation.

Patlin

Explorer
Ishmael squeezes tightly into the tunnel. He needs to crawl on his belly to make any progress, and he is soon past the point where he can even be seen by the larger members of the party. The tunnel seems to be headin down, and is clearly very long. Will Ishmael persist in his exploration, knowing that it will seperate him from the party?

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: Ishmael will inform the party of the scroll's contents before going down the tunnel.

Ishmael swallows hard. The tunnel feels like it's closing in on him. He wishes that he was not so deep in. He peers into the darkness and finds that the tunnel extends infinitely (or so he believes) into the shadows. Fear begins to gnaw at his heart.

But then, he thinks of poor Gorefoot and he is shamed out of his terror. How could I even think about being afraid when Gorefoot sacrificed his life for ours? I must be willing to chance it. Perhaps the tunnel is not so long as that...

Be it due to foolishness or heroism (for Ishmael has lots of both), the Deep Halfling continues down the tunnel. He slows his progress, searching the area for traps or unstable ground (search +1 plus Stonecunning). After a hundred feet, if he does not find anything, then he will endeavor to return to the ground to seek their counsel.

As much as he would like to see this tunnel to its end, he would rather not be seperated from the group for a long period of time without informing them.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

Percy only vaguely understands the spell, but becomes quite excited. "Hey! We may be able to bring back Fondar yet! We just need to find Fasroth. Perhaps he could cast this spell. And a good smith. If we can get this sword reforged by the time we next face the Redcap, we may be able to take him yet!"

OOC: What an interesting twist. Percy is turning into a fey, and Gorefoot is going to reincarnated as a bugbear! :eek: I realize neither of these may happen, but it's cool. I like it when PCs are affected by their world. If having Percy take a half-fey template would make sense plot-wise, I'm game, though it would have to be approved via a proposal, I think...

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars thinks, Reincarnate? That means coming back from the dead in some way. Perhaps Gorefoot is not gone forever after all? But there is no druid amongst us. Hmmm.

Nars descends back into the cellar will Ishmael and will wait patiently at the entrance to the tunnel for Ishmael to return.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Nimisgod said:
After a hundred feet, if he does not find anything, then he will endeavor to return to the ground to seek their counsel.

Ishmael, squeezing through the tight tunnel, eventually realizes that no end is in sight to this miserable crawl. Whatever the Redcap was seeking when he dug out this tunnel, it isn't anything close. He backs out (turning around being impossible) slowly, and eventually makes it back to the party, covered in dirt and muck.

Manzanita said:
If having Percy take a half-fey template would make sense plot-wise, I'm game, though it would have to be approved via a proposal, I think...

ooc: Hmm. Interesting. Hadn't thought about the possibility that Persephone might embrace the change. I'll write up a proposal for a transformational prestige class in case you chose to go that way.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
The muck covered Ishmael is more appalled by his current apperance than by the lack of findings in the tunnel.

"Alas, Nars! There is naught but shadow in that tunnel, though I must hath crawled a hundred paces into it. It appeared to extend further than that, so I returned. Hath Percy deciphered the scroll?

Curse this filth! This owlbear skin cloak and mail hauberk was a gift from the Dwarves!"

Ishmael ascends the steps with Nars, pondering their next step on this mission.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

"Ishmael! I'm glad you're back. Yuck-o-rama. You're very brave to crawl in there." Percy shutters at the thought.

"The scroll is a druidic scroll of reincarnation. We could use it on Gorefoot! Of course, we'd have to find a druid. I think this is what we should do. There's no point fighting this redcap again. We'd just lose, particularly without Gorefoot. Let's put our Redcap-hunting mission on hold. We should first find a Druid powerful enough to cast this spell. Then we should find a smith to reforge this sword. THEN vengence will be ours. Perhaps we should start with this Fasroth character. The Fey Lord said he wasn't much of a druid, but we don't know anyone else. Unless the Thorns know someone..." she trails off looking at the fey.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads