• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Faerie Woods [Knight Otu Judging]

Dalamar

Adventurer
Rodimus is really interested in neither the conversation between the fae and the princess nor the foul smelling pit, so he makes his way out from the collapsed keep. Finding a suitable spot, he lays down and takes a nap.

Manzanita

First Post
Pots of urine, narrow dirt holes, broken swords. These are not the parts of adventuring she enjoys. She's thankful to have such resourceful companions.

"Looks like that's all we'll find here, eh? Let's move back to our horses and see what we've got.

Still wanting to be on Fjorn's good side, Percy breaks our her little wicker basket of fey treats. She holds it out towards the Thorns for them to pick something if they like.

"Your Lord provides the best food I've ever tasted. Do you think it might have some magical effects on men?"

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
"Your Lord provides the best food I've ever tasted. Do you think it might have some magical effects on men?"

Fjorn smirks. "I've heard it... spoils them for normal food. You might want to keep that for yourself, I'm not sure what you'll eat when it runs out."

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

Percy frowns. She'll keep the food, but refrain eating it for now, despite her hunger. She wants to return to the horses and try to eat some regular food first. She peers down into the trapdoor. "How are things going there? Are we finished exploring?"

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Ishmael tells of his findings to Nars and Persephone once they are outside the cellar and comfortable enough to converse. "Percy, Nars, I have found magick auras surrounding the pieces of the broken sword and some of the papers. Perhaps the papers are spell scrolls? And perhaps there is some reason besides typical madness that the Redcap would throw these pieces into a urine-filled cauldron... Dost thou think that this has any connection with the sword these goodly Thorns spoke of?"

When he sees that Rodimus has taken a nap, he slightly lowers his voice so as not to disturb the resting Half-Orc. "I, too, desire to explore that tunnel. But this matter doth interest me greatly. Perhaps if I carefully overturned the cauldron and let the sword pieces to the floor..."

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

"The sword may be a very useful weapon. Fey-bane, perhaps. We must take it. And the scroll. Shall the rest of us come down? We can't actually even fit in the tunnel, eh? Don't go far. Turn back if you encounter danger."

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars nods in agreement that the sword should be taken. He will aid in the tipping of the cauldron. He hands the papers and valueables to Percy first to make sure they are not soiled accidentally.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"Nay, thou need not descend the steps, Percy. Nars and I shall deal with the broken sword, though it may be too unclean for thine hands to touch.

Fortune be with us for my delvings in the arcane arts provideth me a way to unerringly decipher magick writings and clean small items, such as the broken sword. These be simple cantrips, that perhaps thou canst perform on thy own, if thou wishest. Canst thou study these writings while the Master Blackbeard and I go below?"

Ishmael will attempt to tip the cauldron (with Nars' help), clean the sword pieces (with Prestidigitation) and finally, go back up. If Percy can't decipher the magick writings by then, he tries casting Read magic (if it would help).

After trying to glean any insights from the papers does Ishmael finally enter the small tunnel. He reassures the rest of the party that he will be careful before exploring.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads