• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Faerie Woods [Knight Otu Judging]

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

Percy sighs. Her very bad day was getting worse. "Oh. I know so little about your world, Fjorn." Although if they didn't recover this necklace, she would be learning a lot more. "Please forgive my ignorance. I can't properly appologize for the actions of my race." Figuring they've lost any element of surprise they once possessed, she nods at Nars to continue. She turns her eyes back to the small opening but continues her conversation with Fjorn. "Was that the Ragewalker in the clearing back there?"

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars hands Percy half his cold iron bolts and draws his cold iron dagger.

Nars was never one to debate philosophy and takes little interest in the conversation other than to note that a useful weapon may be held below. Nars carefully descends into the trap door, moving as quietly as possible, keeping to the shadows and looking for trip lines or anything else the redcap may have set up to catch the unwary intruder. He leaves everything in the cellar in place and inches over to the wall near the tunnel. Once at the wall, he peeks around into the tunnel while holding his breath and sees ...

OOC: I think that Nars has 7 bolts at this point. He gives 4 to Percy.
Hide +6, Move Silently +6, Spot +5, Listen +4, Search +7

Patlin

Explorer
SlagMortar said:
Once at the wall, he peeks around into the tunnel while holding his breath and sees ...

...a very, very small tunnel heading off into the darkness. It's too small for Nars to traverse, and nothing seems to be in it.

Fjorn grumpilly nods in confirmation regarding the Ragewalker being the creature in the clearing.

SlagMortar

First Post
Can he see the end of the tunnel?

Regardless of whether he can or not, he moves back near the trap door and says, "Ah, Sir Ishmael, there's a tiny tunnel. I, er, won't fit." He then searches the rest of the cellar. Peaks in the cauldron even though he knows its probably a bad idea and he may very well lose his lunch over it. He picks up the coins and examines the scroll case, all the while keeping one eye on the tunnel. If this all goes uninterrupted, he finally will examine the structure of the cellar, trying to determine who or what might have built the keep.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Ishmael feels some shame at the Thorn's words, but that emotion is dwarfed by the general malaise brought about by Gorefoot's doom. The Deep Halfling, like it or not, feels the tinkling of vengeance within his heart. It is a desire that whispers for satisfaction.

Nodding to Nars' assertion, Ishmael readies his shield and then descends into the cellar, pausing at the base of the steps to use his Divine Inquisition ability to scan the area. If there is Vile weapon here, perhaps I might sense its presence thinks the Deep Halfling.

Patlin

Explorer
Nars cannot see to the end of the tunnel, it may be quite long.

When he looks in the cauldron, he sees that the thing is filled with gallons of urine. He can also make out, sunk to the bottom, a short sword that has been broken into two pieces, and appears to be suffering from a small amount of rust in addition to its general defilement.

Nars collects the coins, finding some gems and jewelery along with them. These objects are later determined to have a combined value of 2,230 gp.

Looking through the scroll case, Nars finds it stuffed full with a variety of papers. Nars will need a light to actually read them.

Ishmael detects no evil in the ruined cellar.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"It is rank in here. Ugh." Ishmael puts his cloak to his face. "Nars, I hath percieved no Evil in our immediate vicinity. What hath thine findings brought to thee?"

Ishmael does his own searching, though it is merely a casual scan of the area rather than a dedicated effort. He is not as proficent in the skill as Nars is, after all. (Search +1 plus Stonecunning). The Deep Halfling will attempt to Detect Magic (unreadying the shield first, ASF 10%), if Nars tells him about the sword or otherwise gives him reason to.

When the group is finished here (and tells him so), Ishmael will see if he can go down the small tunnel.

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: I would think darkvision would allow reading as it is black and white vision, but due to the stench of the place, Nars won't be sitting down to read anyway. Also, Nars examination of the walls is thorough enough and takes enough time to be considered a search for secret doors or secret stashes. Search +11 (+7 base, +2 for hidden compartments and secret doors, +2 for unusual stonework)

IC: "Aye" says Nars to Ishmael's comment about the odor, rubbing his nose with his sleeve for the 50th time. "Here's the, er, source. There's a, ah, sword in it, but its broken."

Patlin

Explorer
Ishmael casts detect magic. Concentrating, he senses some. He can't be sure without more light, but he thinks some magic is coming from the broken sword, and more from the scrolls.

ooc: Perhaps I'm thinking of an earlier version of Darkvision/Ultravision...

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: I think 2nd edition infravision did not allow reading. Darkvision is just black and white so black ink on white page should be visible. If they are magic scrolls though, Nars won't be reading them any time soon regardless of how well he can see them..

Remove ads