D&D 5E The Fifth City (OOC)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I am heading out of town tomorrow morning and flying back stateside for about 4 days. I will have some WiFi access at the hotels, but probably not during the day. If my turn comes up again during my absence, Castagyr is going to chuck another javelin at the fleeing crossbowman. You can NPC that action for me, Kiraya.

Scotley

Hero
Still trying to master the changes from older versions to 5e. How are you using the flanking rules? Will Felix have advantage on the leader from flanking?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Still trying to master the changes from older versions to 5e. How are you using the flanking rules? Will Felix have advantage on the leader from flanking?

Yes. You get Advantage as long as an ally is in melee with the target, not just flanking. I'm actually having trouble finding the page reference now, though, so I could be wrong. But, for now, we'll play it that way.

pathfinderq1

First Post
My understanding of 5e is that Flanking, in and of itself, is not a thing. Allies in melee can use the Help action (instead of attacking) to give someone Advantage on a melee attack, but simply being in place doesn't help. The trick is that, for Rogues, having an ally within 5 feet of an enemy allows them to use Sneak Attack even without having Advantage- this applies even if the Rogue is attacking from range.

(Information culled from Rogue class features and combat section- if there is anything elsewhere I have missed it)

Remove ads