D&D 5E The Fifth City (OOC)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Ah, that's what I was thinking...I was confusing the Rogue feature with normal Advantage.

Ok, so, if you have an ally adjacent and you're rogue, you can use sneak attack. Otherwise, if you aren't a rogue and you want Advantage, an ally needs to use the Help action.

Scotley

Hero
Ah, that's what I was thinking...I was confusing the Rogue feature with normal Advantage.

Ok, so, if you have an ally adjacent and you're rogue, you can use sneak attack. Otherwise, if you aren't a rogue and you want Advantage, an ally needs to use the Help action.

Yes, just an adjacent ally would allow for sneak attack. There is an optional rule on page 251 of the DMG for flanking to get advantage. That's actually what I was asking. The aid another help thing is good to know. Advantage can be pretty useful. I'll just roll one die for now.

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Friday is my scheduled to be my "Update Fifth City Campaign Setting Day" but after updating combats in three different games and putting together a character creation guide for a fourth, my creative juices are all dried up.

So, I'll throw the sports metaphor to you guys - what sort of information would you like to see for this setting?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Castagyr strikes a solid blow against the ruffian leader's back.

The four fleeing ruffians bolt in to the alley. An exclamation can be heard from one of them as he stumbles over something.

"What...how...Vargas?"
"But...he's dead...and he's out there fighting...how can he be in two places at once?"
"Forget it, let's go!"

That is not the least bit cryptic, no, not at all.

Friday is my scheduled to be my "Update Fifth City Campaign Setting Day" but after updating combats in three different games and putting together a character creation guide for a fourth, my creative juices are all dried up.

So, I'll throw the sports metaphor to you guys - what sort of information would you like to see for this setting?

I will think on this.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Maps are not my strong suit but I'll see what I can do.

(My mapping heyday was back when I was using blank hex sheets and colored pencils...mapping software just goes over my head.)

Scotley

Hero
Maps are not my strong suit but I'll see what I can do.

(My mapping heyday was back when I was using blank hex sheets and colored pencils...mapping software just goes over my head.)

Yeah, I like those maps way better than the computer generated ones anyway. For some reason my continents from back in the day all looked like pork chops, but we had great fun building and exploring those worlds.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I didn't have much understanding of climate zones as a teen. I ended up putting a tropical jungle island north of a mostly temperate continent and a tropical desert south of that same continent.

Remove ads