• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The First 4th Edition Clone!

C4

Explorer
The term product does not immediately imply profit. That, however, is a distraction from the topic ;)

My reply might have been interpreted as confrontational, so I apologize. I'm just wrapping my head around it. You plan to develop your own 3pp application?
No worries; I didn't take your post as being confrontational. I just don't want someone popping into this thread, seeing 'product' mentioned, and thinking "ZOMG someone's making money stealing WotC's stuff!"

As to a C4 app, I don't have the tech savvy to even begin writing the programming. (I had to start this thread because I couldn't even find the first one.)

I suppose if you're trying to place C4 in a niche, it can fill a niche similar to that of the retro-clones; it's a body of work that a gamer can point to and say "I play that." Everything I've done with C4 is achievable by DM fiat, but many DMs don't have the savvy or confidence to tweak the game. To use an oxymoron, C4 includes a selection of official house rules -- tweaks to the game that other gamers can feel confident in using.

Raith5

Adventurer
Interesting. I am trying to get a handle on the tweaks you have implemented. What are the most significant adjustments you have made?

C4

Explorer
It's been too long since I've updated this thread; C4 is finally more or less complete!

All that's really left to do is Dragon Mag material...

Interesting. I am trying to get a handle on the tweaks you have implemented. What are the most significant adjustments you have made?
Sorry I haven't replied to you, Raith5. I guess life's just gotten to me the past couple of months. If I had name the three biggest adjustments I've made...

1. RAW multiclass feats and hybrids are replaced with what I think are much more balanced and satisfying MC feats. (No more blowing feats just to swap powers!)

2. I pulled out all attack and defense feat taxes, and replaced them with automatic level boosts. Also, no masterwork stuff. Replaced, again, by level boosts.

3. I tweaked about half the weapons list, based on a concrete system of damage/properties vs. cost. I also included this system in the DM's document.

Remove ads