The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

Willette

First Post
"Luck don't fail me now!", shouts Elldar as the wolf's jaws slam into his shield rocking his small frame backward. Hefting his morningstar he steps toward the wolf and swings with all his might...

[sblock]
From the map looks like i am in range to hit w5 i think, so i'll attack and move away from it afterwards till some others move in as no forest gnome wants to go head to head with two wolves. However, if i have no choice but to move then attack and am left standing there i'll flare w5 just to be cautious.
Also, invisible castle won't open so you can roll or i can tomorow if it works again.
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Round 4 Continues, and Kessyriss Departs

Elldar tries to smack a wolf with his morningstar, but just grazes the tree it's hiding behind. The forest gnome retreats a bit after his swing.

The northernmost wolf runs off into the woods, fleeing the battle.

Back at camp, Metliz examines her shiny new box for a few minutes before bedding down for the night as it gets too dark out.

During Pyre's watch, after Kessyriss is sort of introduced to Tianulien, the kobold responds to Pyre's comment with "Kessyriss still here. But not much longer. Too many people worry Kessyriss. Small and weak Kessyriss. I come back other time, when less people awake to threaten Kessyriss. Burning person talk to softskins and decide later."

The mottled leather-clad kobold backs away slowly, then after a short distance seems to melt away into the shadows as he silently leaves your camp. Hassad keeps an eye on the kobold until it disappears into the darkness, then says "Well, odd was the little creature, hmm? Not knowing what I have to say about that. You making it your pet, maybe? Or run it off next time? Hassad knows not. Cares not, even." The little bronze man with fiery hair shrugs his shoulders and floats off to resume a vigil at the other end of camp.

Tianulien says "Hmph. Good riddance. An ugly little creature. And such a horrid, scratchy voice. It would pain me to hear it try singing. Whatever you want to do with it next time it shows up, just don't let it anywhere near me and don't bother waking me."

[sblock=ooc]Apologies for the delay, wound up fairly busy for a day or two and had problems posting to EN World Tuesday, the site kept freezing up my browser. So I only managed to update a few threads yesterday, and only very slowly with a lot of retries at loaidng the dang pages. I'll continue things in another day or so, after Kaznak takes his action at least.

Round 4 Initiatives:
22 Western Wolves (w3 unconscious and dying, w4 unconscious and dying)
21 Falryn
19 Elldar
13 Northern Wolves (w1 11 dmg, w2 unconscious and dying)
12 Kaznak
12 Angrboda (13 dmg, -5 hp now, unconscious and dying)
12 Jaegar (4 dmg, 10 hp left)
9 Eastern Wolves (w5 2 dmg, w6 unhurt)
8 Forge
4 Southern Wolf (w7 16 dmg)

Elldar tries to smack the wolf with his morningstar, but gets a 12 to-hit and misses, especially with the wolf taking cover behind another tree. Elldar backs up.

Wolf 1 flees.

Angrboda bleeds some more, losing 1 HP, down to -6. Failed to stabilize on her own this round.

Kaznak may take his round 4 action now.[/sblock]

Attachments

• map11-18-09.jpg
    map11-18-09.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 56

Dragonwriter

First Post
While Kaznak fears for Angrboda, he's more scared of the still-living wolves right now. He turns to the southern wolves and looses another gout of flame, hoping that even if it doesn't kill them, it will spook them some more.

[sblock=OOC]
Kaznak AC 16, HP 14/14
Using line breath weapon to catch wolves 6 and 7.
Damage (Reflex DC 15 half): 4.
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Wolf Burns and Bites

Kaznak tries to burn both southern wolves badly enough to make them fall or flee, but after his previous fire-breathing, they seem to have been paying close attention to him as they closed on Falryn. Both wolves leap aside from the flames, though both are lightly singed and a few hairs on their sides smolder.

Jaegar approaches the nearest wolf still standing to the north, assisting Elldar and protecting Angrboda......but his halberd swing is hasty and he just hacks into a bush, missing the wolf.

The eastern wolves strike back, Jaegar's target lunging to snap at him as he withdraws the halberd from the bush, but the giant's armor saves him from a grazing bite. Falryn isn't so lucky, as the least-injured wolf lunges at him, snapping hard on Falryn's leg! The wild animal nearly breaks Falryn's leg as it clamps down with all its strength, snarls, and wrenches his leg away, worrying its prey before letting go....

[sblock=ooc]Got a 17 and 21 on their Reflex saves, so only 2 damage each. Wolf #7 is still seriously injured but has not yet fallen.

Jaegar moves around to attack wolf #5 with his halberd, with a pitiful natural roll of 2 that comes up far short even with his nice Strength bonus to the roll.

Wolf #5 takes a 5-foot step to strike back at Jaegar, with a 13 that misses with Jaegar's nice armor and dexterity. Wolf #6 springs at Falryn with a 5-foot step, attacking with a natural 20 to hit for 7 damage. It gets a mere 13 total to confirm, so no crit. The wolf got a total of 20 for its trip attempt. Falryn must roll an opposed Strength or Dexterity check to avoid falling prone.

Forge may take his Round 4 action now.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
With the wolf finally moving off Forge looks around, and notices Angrboda lying on the ground near him. Quickly he runs to the giantess and notices the nasty wounds on her legs.

He drops his pack and unties the bedroll from it, then throws it over the uglier of the two wounds. The wool quickly is wet and dark with blood as he tries to get it wrapped around tightly.

"Someone HELP me!" he cries to those around him.

[sblock=Heal]
Rolled a stupid 14 and the DC is 15 :eek: Nooooooo!! [/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Wolves! Round 4 Ends, Round 5 Begins

Forge tries to aid Angrboda and stop her bleeding, but panicks a bit and has trouble thinkinf of what he should do to staunch her wounds.

The badly-wounded alpha-male wolf takes off, too wounded to care that what remains of his pack needs his help.

[sblock=OOC]Forge narrowly fails to stabilize Angrboda.

Wolf #7 flees, taking a withdraw action so he suffers no AoO from leaving the edge of Falryn's threatened area.

Falryn and Elldar may take their Round 5 actions now. Also, Falryn still needs to roll Strength or Dexterity against being tripped by wolf 6. As noted in my previous post, the wolf got a total of 20 on its trip attempt.

Decided that I'll post a new map after Falryn's and Elldar's turns.

Camp activity will be updated sometime Friday, just waiting a bit to see if there's any further response from Pyre before the next morning in camp.[/sblock]

Willette

First Post
Seeing that he is now supported and Angrboda is in dire need of protection Elldar moves toward the wolf and takjes another swing with his morningstar, hoping for a hit so this can be over in time to spare the giant.

[sblock]
Move to w5 and attack, heres the roll
Roll Lookup
I don't know if a flanking bonus applies as jaegar is also in contact with it so add that to my attack roll if necessary. My noob-ness strikes again haha.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
On the border of life and death, Angrboda dreams. Hallucination? or true vision? She doesn't even question it as images flash through her mind. Only one seems to have permanence and as she sees herself desperately battling some ill-defined enemy she becomes aware of another presence; an unknown energy strong and full of life. As she is pressed by her shadowy enemy the unknown energy comes to her aid and lends her its strength. And in doing so becomes more clear to her inner sight: the earth and the plants themselves strengthen her and as she accepts their aid that energy takes form as a monstrous sword similar to Forge's yet made of wood sheathed in leaves and decorated with the delicate swirl of vines. As it forms in her hands she instinctively knows how to use it and she begins to lay waste to her enemies. And she knows she'll be able to use this strength in the new world that waits for her. If she should survive...

Theroc

First Post
Pyre scratches his head in confusion as the kobold left, the elf and Hassad bot proven most unhelpful in his search for advice. If he had known what he wanted to do, he would not have bothered to call them. He returned to his post, grumbling to himself about his strange circumstance, wondering if he should have gone with the others.

Remove ads