The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

Arkhandus

First Post
Wolves! Round 5, and Morning at Camp

Falryn goes down and tries hastily to hack away at the wolf to make it back off, but his swing doesn't connect.

Elldar moves in to strike at the northern wolf from behind, but his morningstar just grazes the wolf's side, tearing away a tuft of fur but not causing any real injury.

Jaegar steps back while hefting his halberd up again, and tries to take another swing at the wolf before him, but the lucky wolf manages to dodge aside, just a second or two after Elldar's narrow miss. Another tuft of fur comes away, but still no blood, just the small crossbow wound that Elldar inflicted on it earlier. "Accursed wolves! I'll help Angrboda in a moment! If only this wolf would fall already!" the giant rumbles out.

Back at camp, Pyre resumes his night-watch duty while considering what to do and reflecting on the lack of advice from the elf and the fire gen. Tianulien rests a few more hours before waking again and going on watch, but she still has nothing helpful to say to Pyre about the kobold. All she says is "I don't have any more experience with little scaly creatures than you do. What you do with your time is your own choice."

In the morning, Metliz, Seshani, and Theris wake up and go about finding some breakfast, as Tia plays a little morning melody on her lap-harp. Hassad fills the ladies in on what happened during the night, or at least as much as he knows.

Seshani replies "Well that's odd. If he wanted to join our little community, he could've just asked! Why'd he run off? How rude!"

Theris adds "Could be dangerous. Better be careful wit' it. I don't know what t'make of it, but it's either relly cow'rdly, or relly confident that it 'as an advantage. Long 'as it's kept away from us who're sleepin', I don't care if yeh make nice wit' it or make it dead. Mebbe yeh should talk it up a bit next time, find out what'cha c'n. Might learn somethin' or figgur out if it's relly dangerous. Tha's my advice t'yeh, Pyre."

[sblock=ooc]Round 5 Initiatives:
21 Falryn (7 dmg, lying prone)
19 Elldar
12 Kaznak
12 Angrboda (14 dmg, -6 hp now, unconscious and dying)
12 Jaegar (4 dmg, 10 hp left)
9 Remaining Wolves (w5 2 dmg, w6 2 dmg)
8 Forge

Falryn's bad luck continues and he winds up on his back, missing the wolf with his return strike.

Elldar tries to flank with Jaegar and beat on the wolf, but misses.

Kaznak may take his Round 5 action now.

Jaegar backs up 5 feet and tries hacking at the wolf with his halberd, but I got another cruddy roll, for a total of 12 even flanking with Elldar. He drops the halberd and draws his longsword instead. He may or may not have the chance to help Forge stabilize Angrboda next round, but he won't wait any longer than that before trying. Together they shouldn't have much difficulty stabilizing her.

I'll handle the eastern wolves after Kaznak's action. If not for all the whiffs, this fight would've ended last round.......ah well. Hopefully the group will have better luck soon, and maybe InvisibleCastle will stop being so nasty. -_- [/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak tries to give Falryn some help and looses another stream of flame from his mouth, trying to fry the wolf.

[sblock=OOC]
Using breath weapon (line or cone) against wolf 6, I presume. Reflex DC 15 for half: 3 damage.
Kaznak AC 16, HP 14/14
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Perhaps." Metliz states absent mindly to the dwarf's advice. "But you can't forge a community on distrust. Someone has to take the first step in trusting the other, if not, nothing will happen, don't you think?" she says, looking at the colorful box in her hands. "Hey any of you see this thing familiar? We found it yesterday. Perhaps you Theris would know something?"

Arkhandus

First Post
Wolves, Ending Round 5

Kaznak lightly singes some of the wolf's fur and right flank with some sputtering, weak strands of dark red firebreath, but at least the wolf is too busy focusing on Falryn at the time to dodge effectively.

However, after a brief yelp from the minor burn, that wolf turns around and lunges for Kaznak! It bites the dwarf's shoulder hard and tries to knock him down!

To the north, Jaegar is approached again by the other remaining wolf, but it appears a little too distracted with Elldar, Forge, and Angrboda all nearby, and its hasty bite just nips a bush without even reaching Jaegar's leg.

[sblock=ooc]Oops! Forgot to attach the updated map yesterday when I posted. Well, the map will be a bit out of date now, as wolf #5 is moving 5 feet to close with Jaegar again.....

The wolf fails its Reflex save with a 7.

Round 5 Initiatives:
21 Falryn (7 dmg, lying prone)
19 Elldar
12 Kaznak (6 dmg)
12 Angrboda (15 dmg, -7 hp now, unconscious and dying)
12 Jaegar (4 dmg, 10 hp left)
9 Remaining Wolves (w5 2 dmg, w6 5 dmg)
8 Forge

Wolf #5 takes a 5-foot step and bites at Jaegar, but gets a natural 1.

Wolf #6 takes a 5-foot step away from Falryn to bite Kaznak instead, with a 17 to hit for 6 damage. It gets a 16 on its trip attempt. Roll Str or Dex to resist the trip, Kaznak.

Forge may take his Round 5 action now. Falryn and Elldar can take their Round 6 actions now as we enter Round 6 after Forge.

Angrboda fails to stabilize on her own this round, bleeding a bit more if Forge doesn't stabilize her (if he does, I'll just remove the 1 damage I added to her total at the end of this round).[/sblock]

Attachments

• map11-20-09.jpg
    map11-20-09.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 52

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak shouts in pain as the wolf bites into him, but his dwarven stoutness keeps him from falling to the ground.

[sblock=DEX check]
DEX to resist Trip, +4 for Stability:25.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Forge Round 5

Retrieving his rope from off his backpack, Forge tries again to help Angrboda. Using the rope to tighten the blanket around the wound he makes a pressure wrap, (although he doesn't know how he knows this) and slows the bleeding of the giantess.

[sblock=I did it!]
Move action: retrieve rope
Standard action: heal check(first aid) = 20 :lol: [/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Wolves! Round 6 Continues

Kaznak stays on his feet and forces the wolf back for a moment, then Falryn gets back up and hacks deeply into the wolf with his axe! It yelps in pain and staggers for a moment, badly wounded all of a sudden, but doesn't quite drop.

Forge manages to staunch Angrboda's bleeding enough to keep her from dying for now. Jaegar's too busy with the wolf to spare a moment for checking on Angrboda yet, though, as Elldar swings again but stumbles on an exposed tree-root, smashing his morningstar into the dirt.

[sblock=ooc]Angrboda is stabilized at -6 HP.

Kaznak may take his Round 6 action now. Wolf #6 is still threatening him and barely standing, but looks like it'll go down with one more strike, even a weak one, its legs shaky and back gushing blood.

I'll update the camp stuff later today most likely.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak coughs slightly, inhales, and looses another blast of flames in the wolf's face! Then he steps behind a tree, trying to protect himself from another bite.

[sblock=OOC and Rolls]
Using Breath Weapon again. It's supernatural, so no AoOs from the wolf. Then take a 5-ft. step to the west (I think) into the square with a small tree.
Fire damage (Reflex DC 15 half): 2.

Dang low damage rolls...

Kaznak AC 16, HP 8/14
[/sblock]

Remove ads