The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

Theroc

First Post
"Burning one......Kessyriss has returned. Decision yet? Teach secrets of fire so Kessyriss can protect himself?"

The glowing embers that were Pyre's eyes temporarily winked out before returning as he searched for the lizard-like man, spotting him just outside the camp. Still not entirely certain what he should be doing with the creature, the others having been less than helpful, Pyre decided not to shoo the creature away for the time being, and see what could be learned.

"I do not yet have the complete mastery to teach much, but I can attempt to bring light to your darkness..."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda grimaces. "You've got a choice here, Falryn. You can go all moony-eyed and morose, weep and moan and let it keep you from what you were born to do OR you can accept that it happened, learn from the experience and continue on as best you can." She scowls over in Forge's direction. "The same goes for you, Forge. You go all weak-kneed at the thought of violence then you become a liability when danger threatens. Buck up, man. If we've learned nothing more in the past four days we've learned that we live in a dangerous and violent world." A mischievous look crosses her face. "Besides, you never know. Blood-sap might make very good ink. We could grind up the big one for paper, too."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak is still dumbfounded at the turn of events. But the dwarf starts walking with Angrboda and the others, shaking his head in amazement. The dwarf says plainly, "Falryn, perhaps you should look at it another way. You fought to protect me, your comrade. Just like when those beasts attacked us and nearly killed Angrboda. That... thing, whatever it was, was trying to hurt or even kill me, for making an empty threat, after its friends had started the issue. So, what you did, you did to help a friend. And I thank you for it. I'm trying to avoid thinking what might have happened to me if you hadn't moved so swiftly."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Falryn

"That is what I thought, but I was wrong. I did not know it was one of the little ones, as frustrating and misguided as they are.... He also was not trying to kill you, it was just another of thier &^#^*#( tricks."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda looks irritated. "Yes, I joke about it. What would you have me do? Sacrifice you to that great lumbering tree stump? What's done is done. Kaznak is right: you acted in our defense and there is nothing wrong with that. I expect you to act the same way should another situation like it arise. You couldn't know whether their intent was to harm or not and I would rather one of them lies dead on the ground than one of us injured and dying. Now I'm tired of this silliness." She stalks ahead of the group angrily swatting at branches and bushes and stalks of grass that get in her way.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"There is a lesson to be learned here," Forge states as the group walked quietly along. "We should always jump in to defend each other, but find other ways to do so."

He can almost feel all the eyes looking at him and the giant sword across his back, blushing he adds. "And have are greatest defenses close to hand also."

Arkhandus

First Post
"Burning one......Kessyriss has returned. Decision yet? Teach secrets of fire so Kessyriss can protect himself?"

The glowing embers that were Pyre's eyes temporarily winked out before returning as he searched for the lizard-like man, spotting him just outside the camp. Still not entirely certain what he should be doing with the creature, the others having been less than helpful, Pyre decided not to shoo the creature away for the time being, and see what could be learned.

"I do not yet have the complete mastery to teach much, but I can attempt to bring light to your darkness..."
Kessyriss replies "Then show Kessyriss how burning one wields fire.....just not on Kessyriss, yes? Teach Kessyriss, and I examine your techniques...." Like last time, the small lizard-person demonstrates the one little trick of fire that he can perform, drawing his little blade and igniting it for a few seconds with a flourish, before sheathing the blade again.

Out in the woods, Jaegar nods at Forge's words and says "Agreed. Certainly, if the creature had targeted Angrboda instead of Kaznak, I would've reacted the same as Falryn did to defend her. But we must restrain ourselves from using lethal force so readily."

Remove ads