The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Were..were very sorry we didn't know," Forge says standing and backing away from the dead creature. "I tried to help um... but I'm not a healer."

Forge stands looking sullen his sword still in it's scarrab at his back.

[sblock=aid another]
Diplomacy = 14

That's good for a +2 to GE's roll, even though my fluff isn't very good. [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Despite being quite afraid of the towering O-Kurutsumi Angrboda steps forward to plead their case. "Have we have trespassed on your Realm? Yes, but it was in ignorance; before now we did not even know you existed. Have we slain your vassal? Yes, but again it was in ignorance. We defended ourselves against attack by a hostile creature not knowing it was your vassal covered in illusion. Have we threatened your kin with fire and blades? Again, yes. But only after we were assaulted and robbed by those kin and only in an attempt to regain what is ours."

She takes another tentative step towards O-Kurutsumi and holds her sword out in her hands to show it to the tree-like creature. "Look at me, O-Kurutsumi! These woods of yours have gifted me with a weapon to defend myself; a weapon of living wood! Do you truly believe I would allow harm to come to those who have defended me and made gifts of their essence to me?" Slowly she opens her hands to allow the wooden sword to slip from them and dissolve back to the woodlands that formed it. She awaits his judgement.

[sblock=OOC]Diplomacy (not counting possible benefit from aid another): 1d20+7=26. Pretty much the best that Angrboda can do. :) [/sblock]

rangerjohn

Explorer
Falryn

OOC: Just to let you guys know, I am here and reading. If he had his wits about him, Falryn would aid another. But I think he would still be in his daze, this being the first sentient he has killed, and the circumstances therof.

Arkhandus

First Post
O-Kurutsumi Pauses

Angrboda tries to calm down the huge tree-creature plodding towards the group, with a little help from Forge. Kaznak wonders if his own plea has done any good, and waits to see if Angrboda can calm the tree-giant. Jaegar stands protectively by Angrboda, halberd still raised but now more upright and less threatening, staring down the giant tree-creature as it approaches his mate. Elldar just hides the whole time, and Falryn remains bent over the dead bush-spirit in shock. Its blood is slowly turning yellowed and saplike, its skin more of a dusky, grainy bark, and hair looking more and more like strands of thin leaves.

O-Kurutsumi gets closer and closer to Angrboda as she entreats the tree-man to spare them. Finally, with a long creaking noise, the walking tree rustles to a stop and leans forward..... "YOU.....YOU HAVE SLAIN MY VASSAL......OVER A FOOLISH GAME......" O-Kurutsumi rumbles out in his creaky, rustling voice, wood grinding against wood. "FOOLS LIKE MY VASSALS......BUT VIOLENT FOOLS....!!" he grinds out, shaking visibly with rage, making the trees rustle as his own branches stir them. "RECKLESS DESTROYERS!! SELFISH THIEVES! YOU TAKE OF MY FOREST AND GIVE NOTHING BACK! ONLY TAKE MORE LIFE! BEGONE!! BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND AND CRUSH YOU ALL!" the greater nature-spirit grates out, pulling back just a bit and steadying his boughs.

[sblock=ooc]Makes sense, Falryn. And understandable that Kaznak wouldn't have any more to say yet, but I wish somebody else would've chimed in. I'm still wondering where Wilette/Elldar is.....

Anyway, Angrboda's check was high enough this time to avert O-Kurutsumi's wrath, for the moment..... He doesn't like the explanation but seems to be accepting it for now, but is visibly struggling with rational reasoning right now.

I'll move things along for the camp-group shortly, a little later today. Sorry for the delay everyone, just had a really exhausting week.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Forge gathers up the pelt that he was using to try and help. Something sticky touches his hand and he surpresses a grimace as he walks quietly and quickly away.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda is not pleased. But she is also no fool and doesn't argue with the enraged creature. She gathers up her gear and leaves the area helping any of her travelling companions that lag behind to keep up. Once they have gotten far enough away she says, "I think it would be wisest to return directly to camp even if we have to travel through the night to do so. These woods have become uninviting of late."

Arkhandus

First Post
Kessyriss Returns

Back at camp, after the boar-attack and subsequent dinner, now with ham to go with the usual foraged greens, the ladies rest for the night. Pyre and Hassad maintain their usual watch, and Tianulien enters her trance around midnight.

As had happened last night, something silently approaches the camp, but this time it announces itself from about 30-some feet away. "Burning one......Kessyriss has returned. Decision yet? Teach secrets of fire so Kessyriss can protect himself?" the scratchy little voice calls out, just loud enough for Pyre to hear without waking anyone else or alerting Hassad at the other end of camp.

It is roughly an hour past midnight when the kobold returns, but he remains hidden in the underbrush outside camp for now.

[sblock=OOC]Didn't come up with anything else for Metliz to do in the last little bit of time between the boar-fight and bed-time. I'll figure out some more dialogue for Tia, Seshani, and Theris next time. But if you want to try messing with the shiny puzzle-box again, Metliz, go ahead and roll 4 Intelligence checks for the evening.[/sblock]

rangerjohn

Explorer
Falryn

Falryn follows the group, still in shock. ~How did this happen?! I'm a protector not a murderer... and a being of the wood.... and magical, the very things my master designed me to study.~

Voda Vosa

First Post
The young woman is quite happy, not only she discovered she had some use for the camp and his friend,s she has defeated a huge boar and then eat it! So she was both happy and stuffed with boar meat. That gave Meltiz the energies and predisposition to play a bit with her new toy before going to sleep.

Rolls: 12. 15. 16. 16

GlassEye

Adventurer
Falryn seems to be in most need of Angrboda's aid on the return journey so she'll focus her attentions on the elf. Since he seems distracted and distraught she tries talking to him to bring him out of his funk. "We met two magical creatures in one day! You'll have much to record when we make it back to camp. You are planning on writing all that we learn down in a book aren't you? I think you have been created to fulfill a wondrous duty. I almost envy you. When I can, I'll build you a library to house and protect the volumes you'll write..."

Remove ads