The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

Arkhandus

First Post
A (Not So?) Merry Chase

Jaegar, Angrboda, Falryn, and Forge run after the little person carrying Angrboda's herb-bag, while Kaznak and Elldar follow at a more sedate pace, just trying to keep the rest of the group in sight.....

The little person stops after the slightly-faster tall folks catch up, and tosses the bag to the second little fellow, who's reappeared off to the north! That one runs off again, giggling and shaking the bag around over his/her head. Once he/she has gotten close enough to the tree now occupied by the first runt, he/she tosses the bag back up to them on the tree-branch! Then the dark-haired, dark-eyed runt slaps his/her behind twice while sticking his/her tongue out at the chasers and disappears.....

Searching Around Camp

Tianulien replies to Metliz "Yes, you were very helpful.....that boar might have hurt me like it hurt you, if not for your magic.... Now let us see what made it attack us....."

The ladies start wandering around past the edge of camp, looking for whatever danger or other mystery might've sent the boar after them. After a brief search of the area, however, they find nothing unusual or helpful in this matter. Eventually they return to camp without any answers, but Seshani arrives after a few more hours, finished with another scouting walk and carrying a few dead rabbits that she and Hassad had caught for the group's dinner tonight.

[sblock=OOC]Willette, you still with us? You said so in the OOC thread, but I haven't seen a single post here from you in the past month or two.....

Sorry for the delayed response, had a busy week and didn't spend much time on the computer.

Lemme know how you want to carry out the chase, folks....[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda's intent is not to run around chasing after the bag and letting the little guys make a fool of her. Her intent is to catch one of the little guys and wring his neck. If that proves to be impossible then they can keep the bag. Angrboda believes that their game won't be so amusing to them if we refuse to play by their rules.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Slightly winded Forge stops when Angrboda stops chasing the little it. Raising a questioning eyebrow he stands waiting trying to catch his breath.

Theroc

First Post
Pyre simply recovered his shortspear and returned to his watchful position in the camp until something required his attention, occasionally practicing his throwing form. After all, he needed to learn to strike more effectively to protect his companions, else he may never illuminate the shadows in his mind.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Playing their game," says Angrboda, "Gains us nothing but a loss of dignity." She ignores the little creatures. "I accept the loss of my herb pouch. It will be an inconvenience to replace it but it is not worth this. If these creatures wish to treat with us they can do so but not in this fashion. If they do not wish to do so that is their choice and they have chosen to make an enemy of me. It is too late to be running about the woods like madmen. Let us return to our camp."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak catches up, though the stout dwarf isn't panting by any means. "Sounds like a good idea. Or I could set fire to their trees," the fire-breathing dwarf says with a loud chuckle. Quietly, he adds, Though that would likely do more harm than good, so I won't do it."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda laughs at Kaznak's comment about setting the trees on fire since she had entertained a very similar notion. "Well, you are right. It is likely to do more harm. I applaud your restraint. Those little buggers are irritating. And I, too, wonder how they pull that disappearing act, Falryn."

Arkhandus

First Post
The Chase Ends

Jaegar and the others slow down as Angrboda apparently gives up the chase, and heed her advice for now.

The little ones stop running away and stop laughing, then turn about with deadly-serious looks at Kaznak's suggestion. One throws Angrboda's bag at her face, saying "You're no fun," and the closer one states flatly to Kaznak "You better not. I'll tell Seshani and O-Kurutsumi." Then those two little figures disappear again, and at the same time a striped blue lizard, about knee-high to Kaznak, appears right behind the dwarf! The lizard has two strange horns and stands upright, with crackling arcs of bluish light dancing between its horns and tail......which you somehow understand to be electricity.....then the crackling light leaps out at Kaznak's head as he turns around!

[sblock=OOC]Kaznak suffers 9 points of nonlethal electricity damage! He can attempt a DC 12 Reflex save for half damage.

Folks with the skill can roll Knowledge (Arcana) against DC 12 to recgonize vaguely what the lizard is, or roll higher to reveal more information about it in-character.

If anyone intends to react violently to the lizard, it got an 18 Initiative, so you'd have to beat that in order to act before its next action.

I'll move things along with the camp group early next week, hopefully, as the rest of the group returns to camp after this brief encounter with the 'little ones'. Also, I'll give out some XP in the OOC thread after the group is all back in camp.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads