The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak jitters as the lightning courses through his body. When it's done, he gasps and steps back quickly, shouting, "Ahh! Why you little blasted runt-lizard!"

[sblock=OOC]
Dangit...
Init: 11.
Reflex save (and one for next round, since I'll need it): 9 and 10.

So I'll probably be unconscious next round...
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Taken by surprise, Forge rushes towards the little lizard yelling. "He get away from him, go on SHOO!" he hollars while moving his arms in a sweeping motion. But Falryn moves faster than Forge and the warrior takes a might swing at the lizard cutting it down before he has time to scare it away. Forge stands stunned at what he sees.

[sblock=OOC] Rolled init and an intimidate check

init 9 intimidate 23

Don't know what I plan for Forge I know he is sick of fighting and blood, after almost losing Angrboda. But he is young there is a lot of room for character development. [/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda was already tired and feeling prone to violence when the wee folk got upset and supposedly left. She has the feeling, however, that their amusements have turned to a more dangerous kind and that they summoned this creature somehow. "Seshani and O-Kurutsumi, hmm. I'll remember that," she murmurs.

The late hour, Angrboda's tiredness, the irritation of these little beings and her suspicion boils over into anger. Her hands clench for something and she can feel the power of her anger affecting the nearby plants. The plants respond by giving up a bit of their essence and Angrboda feels a grim satisfaction as a greatsword of living wood manifests in her hands.

[sblock=OOC]
initiative: 1d20+2=20
standard action: create living blade
move action: none
unfortunately, Angrboda doesn't have K(arcana)[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Death And O-Kurutsumi's Anger

"NOOOO!!!" the two remaining little ones cry out, though invisible now, as Falryn rushes forward and cuts down the bluish lizard after its short jolt to Kaznak! .....Then the now-very-bloody lizard turns oozy and remolds itself into the form of one of the little people that had disappeared, with a terrible gash cleaving its head almost fully in twain. Blood pulses and sprays over the forest floor and Falryn's feet.

"O-Kurutsumi! O-Kurutsumi! O-Kurutsumi!" is chanted repeatedly and despairingly by the two invisible little-people. Then all of the trees nearby begin to rustle and creak, as a particularly large one seems to emerge from the forest to the east, broad roots shifting around like several giant legs and feet, branches flexing like muscular arms, amber-hued eyes of sap around two small tree-boles peeling open and a small crease opening underneath..... Birds fly away, screeching in surprise, and squirrels flee for their burrows.

The unseen chanters call out something in a language you don't recognize, but it sounds of pleading. The huge, ambulatory tree turns slowly with a loud creaking noise, looking your way with amber eyes the size of your heads....

Jaegar steps protectively in front of Angrboda with his weapon raised, but takes no aggressive action yet.

[sblock=ooc]Ball's in your court again, expeditionary group.....whatever you plan to do now.

Congratulations, Falryn, you just critted and killed one of the runts in cold blood. Kaznak will recover from the nonlethal shock in a few hours. :erm:

The mobile tree-creature got a 10 Initiative, so everyone gets to act before its next turn. It's about 100 feet away from you. Forge can change his turn for the previous round since it came right after the tree-creature, and since he won't get another turn before its next action given his Initiative.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Forge Round 2

Not caring about what the giant tree-man is doing Forge runs to the side of the little thing that was a moment ago a little blue lizard. "You didn't have to hurt it!" he screamsd at Falryn. Using the pelt as a bandage he puts persure on the wound.

[sblock=actions] move action: to the hurt little one kneel besside it.
standard action: First aid = Heal = 11

I have no ranks in healing guess what I'm putting skill points into next level :p [/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak is still partly stunned by the electrical bolt. "What the-? How'd one of them become that lizard-thing?" The dwarf looks in curiosity at the dead little person.

As the tree shifts, Kaznak looks dumbfounded. He starts shouting, "I wasn't really going to do it! It was an empty threat! I gotta live around here, too, you know! And we didn't mean to kill your friend, it just jumped out and tried to hurt me first, so Falryn reacted to protect me! He didn't mean to kill! Please, just let us go in peace. We won't bother you anymore and you let us be. Please. We know Seshani too, and didn't know that you wee friends with her. She an us live at the same place, we just went exploring. So, please, just let us go to her and we leave each other alone."

[sblock=OOC]
Little punks... What do they expect to happen when they electrocute someone that's traveling in an armed group? After angering and provoking the group with theft?

And if you think this requires a Diplomacy check, my modifier is +6. I'd rather you roll, as IC has messed with me too many times....
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Calm yourselves," snaps Angrboda. She looks at the large (and truth be told, very intimidating) tree-creature and keeps a very serious demeanor as she tries to figure out how this creature is going to react. "You must be O-Kurutsumi." She stands there trying to exude a confidence she doesn't feel but says nothing else.

[sblock=OOC]
Sense Motive=1d20+10=14[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
O-Kurutsumi Approaches!

It quickly becomes evident to Forge that the little creature is now lifeless. Its body is completely still, the gush of blood from its deep head-wound already slowing, not a single breath stirring its chest or what remains of its mouth. The body is already starting to cool a bit, and the skin feels kind of rough like bark now, the hair slowly taking on a brownish-green tint underneath the blood now covering much of the dead creature's head.

The huge tree-creature strides forward, each step of its rootlike legs carrying it as far as Angrboda is tall. It quickly closes half the distance while Kaznak shouts out his plea.....

The two unseen little people continue beseeching O-Kurutsumi in the same language you couldn't recognize before, and then go silent as the tree-creature opens its maw wide and bellows, "ENOUGH!!!" with enough force that all the leaves and branches rustle for a dozen feet around....

The tree-creature slowly grates out, in a voice like creaking trees and grinding wood, "YOU HAVE TRESPASSED IN MY REALM AND SLAIN MY VASSAL....THREATENED MY KIN WITH FIRE AND BLADES....!"

[sblock=OOC]Rolled a 9 on my d20, so 15 total for Kaznak's Diplomacy check. No good against the hostile tree-creature. O-Kurutsumi gets to about 40 feet away from your group. Your turns again. For reference, the forest is too dense around here to run, so movement is limited to double-move actions at most. On the other hand, most of the underbrush around here is light enough that you have no other movement penalties most of the time.[/sblock]

Remove ads