The Four Lands - The Colony

J. Alexander

First Post
Negiotations

As the party begins to sample the various sprits and vintages they find them al to be of superior quailty and some downright hellish in expense give the names and vinter marks on the bottels.

OCC: They are speaking Souther Illum with flawless diction ie englis prep school.

For Alvar
[sblock]The one speaking in no descript however the two at the farleft appear to be familar. The younger man bears a resemblance to the House of Haldane whereas the older man looks to be the related to the House of Brightlaw. The dark wine could be a variton on the Haldan
Crimson wheras teh grey could also be a variation onf the Brightlaw pearl white and pearl grey.[/sblock]

For Neurotic
[sblock]The detect magic just turns negative results much like a dampening field is in effect[/sblock]

Smiling softly to himself as if a fish has just bit on a well baited hook the speaker says "Since your time seems to be so valuable and in shuch high regard perhaps you should best check the envelope at your setting to see how we value it"

For those who check
[sblock]You find a warrant made out in your characters name drrawn on the Brightlaw banking House in the amount of 2500 gold pieces. This evelope was not there when you set down and there was no way they could no the order in which you would sit[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Alvar

The swordsman peeks into the envelope and smiles at the neat trick. He pours two fingers of one of the rarer strong spirits and sips it very slowly, knowing he'll need all his wits about him with this crowd. He places the envelope carefully back exactly where it appeared, not willing to do anything that might commit himself just yet. With a sly grin Alvar comments, "I've made more in a month, but I had to do more than sit in a fine inn to earn it."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Hennett

OOC: Now that something is happening at last, Hennett no longer feels the need to imbibe any spirits. In fact, he is somewhat regretful that he has done so lately in such a copious manner. Otherwise, he is content, for the moment, to just listen....

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Randal

Randal motions toward the envelope which briefly opens to reveal it's content and then closes again.

OOC: again testing of the setting: first motion with prestidigitation and then unseen servant. If none gives any result, it is somewhat reasonable to assume that all magic is supressed.

Randal tries not to show surprise at this show of wealth. While not unseen, spent so carelessly for so little inspired more then passing awe in traveling bard, regardless of his fame.

"So, we are reimbursed for our patience. Very kind of you. Now, there must be more reason for you to keep us isolated for so long then to spend twenty odd thousand gold."

Lou

Explorer
Alton Kanri, Human Cloistered Cleric/Battle Sorcerer of the Light

Alton gazes down the row across the table as he selects an expensive spriit and pours himself a small taste. Settling back in his chair, he inhales the fumes and savors the taste as he peaks inside the envelope. Smiling at those across from him, he begins studying them to see who they are.

[sblock=For the DM]
Anything stand out about the group across the table?
Cloistered Cleric (Bardic) Knowledge Check (1d20+15=18)
[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
Ederin glances at the coins, then closes the envelope and ignores it as if it was nothing. His gaze remains fixed on the one who is speaking, as if he was expecting explanations, not gold.

Dracomeander

First Post
Conrad's eyes shift down to the envelope then back across the table without touching it.

"So you are able to gather the funds to make this discussion interesting. Hopefully the project you are proposing will be just as interesting. We have explorers, surveyors, prospectors, architects, and civil engineers here. So far you have primed the pump for this meeting well. What are you proposing?"

Scotley

Hero
Alvar

"Yes, I too am ready to hear what you have to say. You've demonstrated your wealth," he taps the envelop, "you've shown power by keeping us here so long, and despite some minor attempts at concealment we know you are well connected. There is wisdom to be found in your assemblage of such a skilled company and you've tested us by tossing us all together in a small space. I consider the fact that I have not felt the need to duel with any of them as yet, a sign that we can work together. You've dangled the prize before us. What do you ask of us?"

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Beginnings

Lou
[sblock]the men across the tabel from you with the exception of the speaker reek of birth, command and presence....all are use to power and it's myraid uses[/sblock]

Listening to the questions the man pauses to consider them as a whole the says" I am sure you all have heard the rumors about the lost contintent found by the D'shai Empire. It has established that such a contient does exist and we have had a scouting mission go as an advance party to search what is belived to be the south western coast. What we are proposing gentlmen is the establishment of a colony without the D'shai empire knowing anything about it for as long as possible. In return we are offering material support, patent's of nobility, land grants and financial backing to the group of indiviudals bare enought to undertake this task"

Scotley

Hero
Alvar

Taking a sip of his drink to conceal his excitement, Alvar considers his response carefully. "There is a very fine line between bold and foolhardy." He smiles, "but I was never one to back down when someone draws a line in the sand." Setting his glass back on the table he adds, "what you propose is interesting enough to keep me in the room. I must tell you that it will be difficult to convince me that what you offer is worth the risks given that we are unlikely to survive long enough to pass the rewards on to our heirs."

Last edited:

Remove ads