• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Four Lands - The Colony

Nightbreeze

First Post
Ederin, with a predatory smile, replies: That is certainly true, certainly true. We have much to discuss, I dare say. and sits right in front of the one who adressed them.

Last round I activated the hawk eyes feat, sacrificing a use of wild shape for +8 bonus to spot checks. I quickly survey the people across us, assessing them. Spot check: 44
As soon as someone adresses them with a longer speech (aka, at the end of your next post :p), he will try to divine their intentions, or whatever they didn't say, but meant or knew. Sense motive: 39

Lou

Explorer
Alton Kanri, Human Cloistered Cleric/Battle Sorcerer of the Light

Alton will offer the platter of nibbles to Hennett and then to the person on his other side. Alton will not take anything for himself.

[sblock=For the DM]Was Marc also denied entry into the room? If so, he will stand at the door and wait for the meeting to end. If not, he will stand behind Alton's chair, against the wall near the door.

Does Alton recognize any of the cloaked figures as being from any particular order of the Light?
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Hennett

Hennett smiles, thanks Alton, and tries some nibbles. This is the first time anyone here has seem him smile.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Randal Lucius Stormweaver

Turning to now angry Seraphina he leads her away from the door.

"It's alright, dear. You knew something like this might happen. I know you are frustrated by this waiting, please be patient for a little while more."

When he returned her to the table, muttering soothing words,
"Here, have my lucky coin and be patient."
he returns and seats himself in the middle or as close as there are still free seats.

Also casts detect magic if he can do so unobserved...i.e. while walking back in the room with Seraphina...

He carefuly observes seated figures, trying to know something of them.
Bardic knowledge (1d20+17=32)
Knowledge (Nobility) (1d20+5=9)
Sense motive (1d20+11=13)

[sblock=For DM]
While walking back Randal mutters small spell binding his 'lucky coin' with lesser divinatory magic of Listening Coin. Hopefuly, it will be enough to keep impulsive girl from making a fuss.

Additionally, most of the time (12h a day or 24h if no threat is expected) Randal has Unseeing Servant walking around him...
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dracomeander

First Post
Conrad stalks in and takes a seat on the other side of Hennett. He ignores the offered refreshments beyond passing them on.

"You obviously have some major undertaking you are planning to require the assemblage of such qualified explorers and craftsmen as you have invited here. You have feted us for a month. Further refreshments won't sweeten the meeting. Shall we now begin to hear the outline of why you called us here?"

J. Alexander

First Post
Beginnings

Nightbreeze
[sblock]The people across from you are dressed in rich and well tailored clothing which for all it's quality is really non descript. All are wearing heirloom quailty signet rings. When he tries to sense motive he runs up against a great blank wall (think cone of silence)[/sblock]

Lou
[sblock]The do not belong to any Order of the Church but they are most defiently elite bodyguards/[/sblock]

Neurotic
[sblock]The seated figures are all dressed in rich tailored clothing. No obivious sign as to their origin can be discerned.[/sblock]

With a sly smile the central right figure answers "How about wealth, fame and a patient of nobility that is if your willing to pay the cost and make the sacrafice"

Pausing he says "Be seated and we shall explain our business propostion"

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock] You mean that via some magical methods their face are so still that they don't reveal anything? hmm...I like it :) [/sblock]

You mean, an additional cost over one month of precious time thrown to the wind? We are most eagerly waiting to hear your proposal.

Scotley

Hero
Alvar Human Paragon/Bard/Swashbuckler

Alvar nods a polite greeting to the hosts, taking a moment to look for familiar faces. Having tarried in coming in, he takes what ever seat is still available. While he affects a somewhat disinterested air, yet the mention of wealth, fame and nobility have quickened his pulse. He helps himself to whatever is in the decanter thinking to himself, there could be a message here: do they want us drunk? or is this a sober/serious crowd? or perhaps they want to impress us with a particularly expensive vintage? He makes an effort to focus on the details and keep his own desires from the front of his thoughts.

OOC: What Language is our host speaking? What about an accent?

[sblock=For the DM]Knowledge Nobility and Royalty to recognize any faces or the colors worn (1d20+3=18)

Bardic Knowledge again to recognize the people or the use of wine and grey. (1d20+13=22)

Listen check to determine accents. (1d20+7=23)[/sblock]

Remove ads