• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Four Lands - The Great North

Canaan

First Post
Caught off-guard by the merchant's display, Jaroth attempts to neutralize the situation to avoid it getting out of control. In the language of the church, he speaks in a somewhat loud voice. "I mean not to offend any here. I am a scholar of sorts and can speak and understand any language spoken in The Four Lands and beyond. To me, such things are an intellectual pursuit, nothing more. If some find my use of the Old Tongue offensive, I will of course refrain from using it in such company. For I do not view my right to speak in any language I so choose superior to the right of its eavesdropper to hear it. We are all men of The Four Lands and we are all sequestered together for weeks to come. Surely should anyone dare to suggest that his right is superior to another's, the asserter might find himself without a meal mate." Jaroth finishes with a polite smile.

Fenris

Adventurer
Modjan comforts Jaroth in Northern Gaullic "Light comes from many places, the sun, the moon and the stars. Yet all three drive away the darkness. Still there are those who find one light better than the others. Still, best to leave the North to the North" says the veteran using an old saying from the Brotherhood.

To Finnian he replies again in Northern Gaullic "Aye, I'm a Westmarcher myself Finnian." sensing the sorrow there he leaves the conversation so as not to summon more memories.

And to Vadric in particular, in Northern Illum, he replies "Indeed, there are few places among the Four Lands, aside from the Valley, where people may count upon safety. An armed vessel is a prepared vessel I like to say. I have been sailing these waters better than a decade and I have had few peaceful voyages. But you may have a chance, ere this trip is done to put Warsong to the test again. Raiders, orcs, giants, all have been spotted or rumored along the path we take. But more than likely we won't have any trouble. But should we, I do expect all able hands to take part in the defense of the ship." The Marine Captain says with an earnest look that encompasses everyone at the table.

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand

In a low voice, Bertrand addesses Jaroth, "I take no offense good scholar, but there are many with strong feelings about such things on the road. Our friend the merchant strikes me as passing strange. Could he seek to cover his own knowledge, for would not a truely pious man have found your words merely unfamiliar rather than disturbing. I think the fellow doth protest too much."

Rhun

First Post
Vadric Elareon

Vadric addresses Jaroth as well. "No offense taken, Jaroth. Some of those who follow the light fear that anything unfamiliar or foreign to them is darkness. I, however, believe that darkness or light reside within a man's heart, and only through his actions may he be judged."

Turning his gaze back to Modjan, the knight nods. "Should we encounter enemies, my blade is at your service".

OOC: Changed color, so Vadric wouldn't be confused with Bertrand.

Canaan

First Post
"I thank you all my friends for your kind words. It is good know one has friends" Jaroth smiles kindly.

To Bertrand: "Were I inclined to disregard polite conversation and diplomacy, I would have said as much to that merchant. For that was exactly what was on my mind as well."

To Vadric: "Your wisdom bespeaks well of you, good priest." Jaroth smiles in agreement.

To Ravensblight: "As long as this company is not bent on making war with the good folk of the lands, I will lend my aid where appropriate. I should warn you, however, my skills are much better put to use in gathering information about our enemies. But if necessary, the sky will heed my call and rain terrible destruction on our foes."

J. Alexander

First Post
LUncheon

The party continues its conversation in an agreeable atmopsher....several of the others passangers dining appear to eat their meal hurridley and then depart the dining area.

Roll a spot for me please

Rolls 1-15
[sblock]Hearing tales about the weevils to be found in ships bread and biscuts, you are suprised that you have seen none so far[/sblock]

Rolls 15-20
[sblock]You notice that as one of the passangers if hurridly leaving, he drops something but quickly picks it up and looks about the room slyly. A glint of gold can be seen from the hurried placement of the fallen item into his script[/sblock]

Rolls 21-25
[sblock]while eating you observe what seems to be chaffed areas on each of the wrists of the young man dining at the table with you[/sblock]

Rolls 25 +
[sblock]The young man appears(in an absentminded way) to be doddling some type of design with his finger in the water ring left by the lemonaide he is drinking.[/sblock]

Canaan

First Post
"I hear that we are likely to get most of our protein on this ship from Weevils. But I've yet to see one in my bread. What about you?" Jaroth asks.

Fenris

Adventurer
Canaan said:
"I hear that we are likely to get most of our protein on this ship from Weevils. But I've yet to see one in my bread. What about you?" Jaroth asks.

"Eh, the food's still fresh, you won't see weevils in the hard tack for several weeks" says Modjan in a manner that you aren't entirely sure is a jest.

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand

"A good company, such reasoned and faithful men make good dinner companions and better brothers in arms." Touching the flail at his side he adds, "if there is trouble you'll find me numbered among those who do not judge but do what they feel is right in their hearts. I bring justice, but I do not judge."

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand

The ranger studies his own bread for weavels, but seems satisfied. Nodding to Modjan and Jaroth he adds, "No weavels here, but I brought some stores of my own just in case. I always make sure my men are well provisioned." He looks up with a smile as two men enter. "And they take good care of me." One of the men wears simple travelers clothes and carries an odd looking brass pot using a thick cloth around the handle. He pours a dark liquid from the pot into an earthenware mug. It smells strong and bittersweet. Bertrand inhales deeply and adds a bit of milk and a generous dollup of honey from other vessels provided by the man who appears to be a servant of some sort. "Bless you Terryl. That's just what I need after this hearty meal. Did you get settled?" The man replies, "Yes sir, we've got the gear stowed and Marrik is checking on the animals." "Excellent," replies Bertrand, "Get yourselves something to eat. The food on this tub is much better than we anticipated so there is no need to break into the stores just yet." The man nods and after setting down the ornate brass pot departs saying, "I'll tell the others."

The other man is more startling in appearance. One can only think, 'Savage Northman' when gazing upon the tall thin redheaded man with braided hair and beard. He is a young man with exotic geometric tattoos on his face and the backs of his hands. Bronze and bone studs pierce his ears and eyebrows. His clothes are undyed wool and buckskin painted with arcane symbols in red ocher and forest green. He leans a long spear of dark wood carves with bears, hawks and wolves and tipped with a broad bronze blade in the corner and takes a seat near Bertrand. He wrinkles his nose at the pot and says, "Ah Bertrand how you drink that burnt bean water, ugh." His accent is heavy and speaks of the unclaimed lands. He takes only a little simple food and looks a little pale. "How long must we ride on these waves?" Bertrand pats the younger man on the shoulder, "lets just say you'll have plenty of time to get your sealegs Rendee." The man swallows with difficulty and replies, "I rather walk uphill in the snow all the way as take this infernal boat."

OOC: Spot Check (1d20+9=13)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads